In need of some sound X2: The Threat advice

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Blinx251

In need of some sound X2: The Threat advice

Post by Blinx251 » Tue, 21. Aug 12, 22:46

I have just finished the story on X2 and kind of stuck in limbo not knowing what to do.
I currently own 2 Argon Centaur's, one of which i use a lot along with a Paranid Pegasus to dock at stations etc.
I have a fully equipped Paranid Odysseus, a fully equipped Paranid Hercules and a fully shielded Split Raptor which has about 7 Argon Nova's in it and a recently captured Xenon M.
I recently bought a Split dragon, a Teladi Osprey and a Teladi Buzzard simply because i like how they look.
I also have a Pirate Bayamon that i havent touched in a very long time.
In terms of stations i have 4 power plants in total, 1 in lucky planets, 1 in The Hole and 2 in Kingdom End, i have a Teladianium Foundry in Family Whi which was used to win favour with the Split, The Wheat Farm that is gifted after one of the story missions in Red Light and a Crystal Fab in The Wall.

Any help anyone could offer as to what to do next would be greatly appreciated, like ive always wanted to own a Khaak ship but have no idea how to in any way. Thanks in advance

Blinx251

Post by Blinx251 » Tue, 21. Aug 12, 22:47

Oh and i also have 58.7m in the bank

brownthomasw
x3ap

Post by brownthomasw » Tue, 21. Aug 12, 23:32

X2 was a short storyline, there was only one and there wasn't much else to do. Some how I still played it beyond the story line and often wouldn;t finish the story until much later than necessary. In some ways you can continue to create your own goals and role play a little bit. There is of course x3r, x3tc, and x3ap. You have to rebuild your empire for each one. There are mods for x2 but again ahve to restart. You want more miles out of what you built already.

Some of the things i liked to do in X2:

1. Pacify Pirate space. use your fortune to rid the world of pirates. I would take over all the pirate space from bala gis joy to hatikvas faith. Build in it and patrol it regularly with automated m6's, carriers, destroyers, possibly even some local fighter groups.

2. go to war with the race of your choosing, invade thier home sectors, bring the fleet. Sit in your carrier and watch as they destroy everything.

3. fill the carrier with a squad representing every race. The python was a good ship in x2, some said over powered even. The osprey was like a mini odysseus in that one but now you have the bigger one.

4. Design a nice sector, preferably an empty one either unknown sector or brennan triumph was empty i think. Now in TC, if i do build one I don't want a huge complex but maybe a few linked stations 2-3 in a neat line with complementary goods. Other stations scattered about. Mostly consumer goods and space fuel. In X2 i had a sector with a row of laser towers at the entrance and factories set up to entice traffic to pass through an unknown sector. In X2 it was a challenge to make a self sufficient group or sector that made crystals and everything it needed.

5. You can get khaak m3 and smaller in x2. They were great sources of money especially thier guns which you'll need to get from thier ships as well and likely cap many before having a full set of guns. Couldn't get khaak destroyers and as i recall could only cap xenon j's and k's after getting to highest fight rank and then only in the bugged xenon invasion missions which were nice because they gave you 100 million for killing the k. This allowed you to buy one of every destroyer and fill up carriers with dozens of ships. Khaak m3's will bail like any ship especially under ion disrupters and at least down to 77% hull damage.

-The good ole days of x2 when life was so much simpler but then again you had to dock everytime you wanted to check the message boards. I'm sure there are plenty of other ways you can amuse yourself. Get a TL and fill it up with slaves. Kill everything in a xenon sector, i just did that and realized nothing stands in my way now and i havn't finished at least 3 plots in X3-TC. I still want to finish them but now i can finish them in my experimental fighter with a Griffon mini carrier carrying novas and mambas, the boreas m2 can just float around menacingly. I can even bring in the cobra and just destroy any capitals from the comfort of my x-shuttle and do it all in grand style. Then make a not too populated sector that has people flying about and can withstand my computing capabilities. I'll sell everyones food and party favors to draw traffic somewhere weird. And then destroy the Boron. But I can take my time with that because i've obsessed over this game the past 2 weeks. Time for a break.

Blinx251

Post by Blinx251 » Tue, 21. Aug 12, 23:47

First of all i would like to thank you very much for all the time it must have taken to type that out haha.
But second i'd like to ask your best strategy for capturing Khaak ships, I've tried attacking so many of them and just peppering them from behind but they've never bailed just fought right to the end and it gets slightly frustrating haha.

brownthomasw
x3ap

Post by brownthomasw » Wed, 22. Aug 12, 00:32

i can say a lot, must learn to be brief. use ion disrupters. use regular guns to damage thier hull about 1/4 of the way down and then switch to just ion disrupters on your guns and just stay on him firing the ion disrupters. Eventually they'll bail. Sometimes could take a long time and i might just shoot them and go find another.

Some say the faster and more aggresive the attack the more likely they are to bail from fear. Idk if the makers gave them any possibility to react like this. If thats true then don't try to make them bail. Act like you want them dead an maybe they'll bail more. You just have to make sure you stop firing in time when they turn blue. You have the funds to do more damage to the ship and repair it afterwards. you just want the unique ship and guns. you aren't interested in making money off the enterprise. I don't think there's much more you can do to make them surrender. PSG's are also good capping guns, idk why. Maybe it brings thier shields down quickly enough they panic or get the panic signifier at least.

Blinx251

Post by Blinx251 » Wed, 22. Aug 12, 14:08

I shall have to give it a red hot crack thanks for all your help

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”