TC; self repairing aran? - Not in vanilla.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

devilofbelfast
xr

TC; self repairing aran? - Not in vanilla.

Post by devilofbelfast » Wed, 22. Aug 12, 13:13

does the aran have a self repair function? I've just spawned one to see what it looks like and accidentally shot of a high yield missile at it. oops but anyway it was left with 2% hull. i opened the info screen and noticed the hull points going up by 20-30 per second. is this normal?

i do have the marine repairs script installed but there's no marines on the aran. playing x3tc 3.something with the bonus pack
the four most important things iv'e found out,
1, your birth certificate is an apology letter from the condom factory.
2, dont argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experiance.
3, if gods watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining,
4, Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 22. Aug 12, 13:27

odd...unless you spawned the mobile repair ship,but even then,without marines on board etc... :?

devilofbelfast
xr

Post by devilofbelfast » Wed, 22. Aug 12, 14:00

i definitely spawned the aran lol i just thought it was odd aswell

*edit* can someone else test this? just spawn an aran without shields and shoot it till its hull is around 2 percent. the hull points on mine immediately started to rise. maybe it only rises so high, minimum boarding amount?
2, dont argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experiance.
4, Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Re: TC; self repairing aran?

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 22. Aug 12, 19:42

devilofbelfast wrote:i do have the marine repairs script installed but there's no marines on the aran.
Do you have any ships docked to the Aran which have marines on them?

Marine Repairs will use marines on docked ships to do repairs.

devilofbelfast
xr

Post by devilofbelfast » Wed, 22. Aug 12, 23:39

no Dr.B there was no marines on the aran, no ships docked to the aran or any ships except my blastclaw and the aran in the sector.

interesting thing was when i docked my blastclaw to the aran the aran stopped repairing until my blastclaw's hull had repaired.

it could be somethings gone a bit wonky with the marine repairs although with having no marines, i dunno but i think im gonna keep the aran anyway. a self repairing ships always a nice thing to have :)

Solomon Short
x4

Post by Solomon Short » Thu, 23. Aug 12, 02:21

The repairs on the Blastclaw imply to me that it's Marine Repairs erroneously "thinking" Marines are present, because IIRC that's what Marine Repairs does on carriers, repairs the auxiliaries then the mothership.

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Thu, 23. Aug 12, 06:14

Just send the damn thing to a shipyard and be done with it.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 23. Aug 12, 19:22

Solomon Short wrote:The repairs on the Blastclaw imply to me that it's Marine Repairs erroneously "thinking" Marines are present, because IIRC that's what Marine Repairs does on carriers, repairs the auxiliaries then the mothership.
That is why I asked about a docked ship (perhaps docked internally; Arans are huge).

@devilofbelfast: Which version of Marine Repairs? Tatakau's or mine? Is the Aran docked at a station?

devilofbelfast
xr

Post by devilofbelfast » Thu, 23. Aug 12, 21:17

im using tatakaus marine repairs v1.2 because it doesn't seem to be charging me anything for repairs. i still have the aran floating in space in averice although i got it fully repaired and loaded in a few good marines. just named it the mobile repair station :)

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Thu, 23. Aug 12, 21:36

This belongs in the S/M forum, no? (I know leave the moding to mods, but I don't want to give any new players the idea that an Aran can self-repair its hull in vanilla.)
Last edited by VincentTH on Thu, 23. Aug 12, 21:39, edited 1 time in total.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 23. Aug 12, 21:39

OK, I do not have any further theories about why you saw the effect that you reported.

I will mention that Marine Repairs 2 can be set to charge nothing for repairs. It is a simple entry in the t file.

@VincentTH: I do not see sufficient reason to think that a script is the culprit here. For sure, devilofbelfast's report is unusual.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 23. Aug 12, 21:50

I don't think this really belongs anywhere but meanwhile was just waiting for a vanilla player to reply to the OP with 'No it doesn't'. (I suspect that Nanook having a break increased this thread's lifetime a bit!)

In the absence of such a post I will reply 'No it doesn't' and use as example any newly-captured Aran from a UFJD sector which makes no attempt whatsoever to repair itself in vanilla X3TC.

Since that pretty much leaves S&M-related influences being at work as the reason, this thread can slide away now.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”