[MD][AP] - get kha'ak back in UFJD sectors

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

kurush
x3tc

[MD][AP] - get kha'ak back in UFJD sectors

Post by kurush » Thu, 23. Aug 12, 04:37

I was never able to understand how Argon managed to fully wipe out Kha'aks in all sectors, including the sectors they technically cannot get to such as UFJD. Feeling that there is a logical gap, I created a fix for it.

This is vanilla sector management file from AP with added Kha'ak spawn similar to what we had in TC. I just copied the related section from TC, nothing changed other than that. Publishing it here after a PM request

Download

Aelhis
x4

Post by Aelhis » Thu, 23. Aug 12, 05:02

Kurush many thanks for helping me out with it ;)
It's funny how I missed those old purple guys ;)

Raider480
x4

Post by Raider480 » Thu, 23. Aug 12, 22:30

Cool, thanks! Does it spawn big ships/stations? Do Kha'ak work like they did in TC without messing up AP stuff? A quick look at the file makes it seem like Xenon are half as likely to show up. That's unexpected, I always thought Xenon should spawn more often. Maybe UFJD sectors are closer to that Kha'ak part of the universe the encyclopaedia talks about.

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Thu, 23. Aug 12, 23:57

Raider480 wrote:Cool, thanks! Does it spawn big ships/stations?
Yes, as it did in TC.
Raider480 wrote: Do Kha'ak work like they did in TC without messing up AP stuff?
Absolutely. At least to the point when Ego decides to update this particular file. I made 3 or 4 thousand UFJD jumps with this change and nothing got broken as far as I can see.
Raider480 wrote: A quick look at the file makes it seem like Xenon are half as likely to show up. That's unexpected, I always thought Xenon should spawn more often. Maybe UFJD sectors are closer to that Kha'ak part of the universe the encyclopaedia talks about.
This is how it used to be in TC. I didn't change the probabilities either, feel free to adjust as needed :) It probably makes sense to reverse that for AP and make Kha'ak less likely to spawn. Remember though, it is just a copy/paste.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 24. Aug 12, 00:14

Thanks for doing this, kurush.

It never made sense to me that AP was described as a "combat mod" for TC, when the pirates are friendlier and the number of enemies cut in half. :)

NiceDay
x4

Post by NiceDay » Sat, 3. Aug 13, 09:40

Hello, how install this mod?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”