X3 Reunion.. Paranid war

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

go to war agansit the Parnid

Poll ended at Fri, 31. Aug 12, 18:17

yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 14

Bogota

X3 Reunion.. Paranid war

Post by Bogota » Thu, 23. Aug 12, 18:17

HI Folks
new to the forum, old too the game :)

I am still playing reunion. I havent completed the story yet, currently own the sector that was up for aution. I cant complete a mission because I cannot get past some lasers inside a station in Ocracoke's storm or Senator's badlands. Sadly after I help that bird that fancies me I cause a ship to crash into the station and it starts leaking air, I go in the hole I caused in a spacesuit, 2 lasers in the corridor cut me to bits everytime.

I dont have a repair laser on the suit, I have 2 as cargo but cannot fit them to a suit. :evil: I guess thats what I need to shoot the lasers. OR is there somthing else i need??

Anyway I have a HQ and have been buiding my empire off the story line for a long time now. I have many many stations accross the map now. Split fire accross to aladna hill is now patrolled by my task force and is clear of pirates I sell crystals in each sector along that line of sectors and traffic is high.

I own ( 3 lots of whats listed)
1 titan 1 colosus (57 eclipse ea)
3 hyperion 2 centars
4 dragons

SO since the missle from the astriod that caused the parinid empire to close off all its space to outsiders and I lost all ranking with them....
If they are not needed in the story Can I please go to war with them and exterminate every last one of them??
I hope for a Springblossom in every Version of X

Samuel Creshal
x3tc

Post by Samuel Creshal » Thu, 23. Aug 12, 18:27

You cannot exterminate races, they'll endlessly respawn.

And Paranid objects that are story-relevant are indestructible.

cjm3fl
x3tc

Post by cjm3fl » Thu, 23. Aug 12, 18:30

I will always vote for any war against the Paranid.
I'm playing TC and am planning one against them myself.

The big question, when going to war with anyone---Will it be strictly a 'military thing' or an all-out genocide?
--I know how you can make this Mod play like vanilla..
--Play vanilla!

Bogota

Post by Bogota » Thu, 23. Aug 12, 18:39

The big question, when going to war with anyone---Will it be strictly a 'military thing' or an all-out genocide?

Due to the actions of a parnid pilot causing a whole complex to become separate stations again... it may well be the latter
I hope for a Springblossom in every Version of X

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Thu, 23. Aug 12, 20:40

Why is everyone so down on the Paranid? I was thinking of getting one as a pet. I think they make good conversation pieces at dinner parties, what with it's three eyes and all. :lol:
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Unknown Sector..... That's what you get for using Bing instead of Google!

cjm3fl
x3tc

Post by cjm3fl » Thu, 23. Aug 12, 20:48

Coreblimey wrote:Why is everyone so down on the Paranid? I was thinking of getting one as a pet.
You'll never get one truly house-broken....and be careful, they are hard on the furniture too.

You might be better off using your 'pets' to clear possible mine-fields :P
--I know how you can make this Mod play like vanilla..
--Play vanilla!

Fulgrymm
x4

Post by Fulgrymm » Thu, 23. Aug 12, 21:17

With regards to the plot, are you saying there are lasers right in the corridor with the hole blown into it? There shouldn't be anything of the sort there. It should be clear of hostiles right up to the big open hangar area, from there you go to Saya's ship and pilot it the rest of the way inside the pleasure complex.

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Thu, 23. Aug 12, 22:10

Voted no...though I have never played Reunion. 8)
Peace is the only path to eternal glory ! :wink:
X fanatic. More of an X3 fanatic.
What about X4? Nah, I prefer a space simulator rather than a walking simulator.

jlehtone
x4

Re: X3 Reunion.. Paranid war

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 23. Aug 12, 23:11

Bogota wrote:Sadly after I help that bird that fancies me I cause a ship to crash into the station and it starts leaking air, I go in the hole I caused in a spacesuit, 2 lasers in the corridor cut me to bits everytime.
Perhaps http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=170397 or http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=212147

donzi
x4

Post by donzi » Sun, 26. Aug 12, 11:37

This a mix of a couple plot items.

Pleasure complex -- suit to soyas ship, lasers
..and previous plot events -- paranid blaming 2-eyed races for Khaak havok in pontifex's realm (nice loot harvest I.S. if needed) and closing core sectors.

If you suffer through the pleasure complex it's doable. Sort of confusing to naviagte. The beeps mean you're getting closer to the escape pods you need to deal with -- not a count down to destruction.

Shooting the lasers is quite easy. A couple tries and I'd expect you should not have a problem with them. Going full speed isn't that critical and soya's ship has decent shields.

There is a part of the plot shortly after which will open paranid core to you. That is my suggestion.. Just get back to the plot for a bit to get past the paranid clamp down.

Aragosnat
x4

Post by Aragosnat » Tue, 28. Aug 12, 21:34

Yeah. I remember farming nid ships as I realized my rep never went below a certain point (never hit the lowest rep) so I kept on farming them till I had enough funds what I thought I was good. :twisted:
Chain Maille Armor
Profitzz
May this spacefly bother you.
[ external image ]
TC: 32+ Squidie (Steam DiD) deaths and counting since around June 18, 2012.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”