where can i get a repair laser

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Makoaman

where can i get a repair laser

Post by Makoaman » Fri, 24. Aug 12, 23:56

do an of you know where is a good place to get a repair laser
Explore the universe, question everything.

greypanther
x3ap

Post by greypanther » Sat, 25. Aug 12, 00:01

You cannot in the basic game. :)

Try the very friendly modding forum for your desires to be fulfilled. :D

Makoaman

Post by Makoaman » Sat, 25. Aug 12, 00:04

i see it all makes sense now

Dave500
x3tc

Post by Dave500 » Sat, 25. Aug 12, 00:13

The repair laser is built into your spacesuit, when you eject from your ship (Shift E) you can use it. :)

Makoaman

Post by Makoaman » Sat, 25. Aug 12, 00:36

yes i know this but it takes a wile to repair stuff sometimes. so i just wondered if it was possible buy them an put them on a ship to repair something. without going to a shipyard and paying big bucks to have it done.

mistervec
x4

Post by mistervec » Sat, 25. Aug 12, 00:42

How To Use the Repair Laser: A Classy Guide for Gentlemen of Distinction

Uh-oh! It seems Space Jerry has gotten the drop on you! Being a distinguished man of action, you've managed to turn the tables on him and shown him what for! Alas, the dastardly fiend managed to puncture your shields and scuff the pristine paint job of your fine luxury fighter. Well! A lesser man might pay thousands of credits to see the hull of his favored vessel unmarred, but YOU SIR, are not a lesser man! You are a man of thoughtful action, resourcefulness, and rugged good looks! You will not rest until you've skillfully mended your vessel with naught but your own two hands.

I regret to inform you that that is a wasted effort. Not even Lord Chumfansleigh of Blastershire could bend more than three or four atoms at once with his bare hands and his manliness only sustained him in the cold, twilight vacuum between the stars for three hours.

Ah! But we are no mere brutes. We are men of thought, yes? And, towards that end, we have created a Repairment Laserbeam for your use and put it into your very vessel! How kind and thoughtful of us! Below are instructions on it's proper use.

Step the First: Bring your favored vessel to a complete stop. While your raging masculinity can, in fact, propel you through space, it only does so at about running speed. Best not be left far behind while your titanic space yacht spends the next four days coasting into the sun!

Step the Second: Eject yourself bodily into the benthic depths of intersteller space with naught but your fine badger-skin space-o-naut suit! This can be accomplished by holding down a combination of the "Shift" and "E" keys and then confirming the decision with your ship's steam-powered logic circuits.

Step the Third: Turn towards the vessel you wish to repair. While you do need to focus on the problem area, you only need to do so mentally! Our patented Laserbeams need only make contact with the ship you wish to repair! Your seething hatred for imperfection will guide them directly to where they need to go!

Step the Fourth: Rage, good Space-o-naut! Rage as you have never raged before! This can be accomplished by holding down the left-hand "CTRL" key on your key-based input device! Continue to do so until the damage is repaired your suffer a coronary event most unfortuitous.

If all has gone well, your vessel will restored to its original, pristine condition! Please note that the largest vessels may take many, many minutes of screaming angry, inchoate thoughts into the void before their blemishes are removed. Bring a snack lunch and remember to pop back into your vessel for a break every now and then, you rugged space frontiersman, you!

Please note: We only made the one! It is a prototype and our gift to you. The large-bore repair cannons used by space stations are far too unwieldy and criminally dangerous for us to sell to you. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Last edited by mistervec on Sat, 25. Aug 12, 19:43, edited 3 times in total.
General Electric #119T53 Toaster with Stapled-On celeron chipset. 256 megs of toast. Graphics powered by a bit of cardboard with "graffiks" written on the side by a small child.

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Sat, 25. Aug 12, 00:47

mistervec wrote:Step the First: Bring your favored vessel to a complete stop. While your raging masculinity can, in fact, propel you through space, it only does so at about running speed. Best not be left far behind while your titanic space yacht spends the next four days coasting into the sun!
The right way for faster ships, but I've repaired many a freighter or M3 on the move whilst strafing on a parallel course.
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Sat, 25. Aug 12, 00:48

You forgot Step 5. Get a paperweight to hold down the Ctrl key (or a rubber band to hold the trigger on your joystick), and go make a sandwich.

Alternatively, if you're in a hurry and have the cash to spare (as in, you just capped a capital ship and its hull is really low), send the damn thing to a shipyard and pay the professionals to fix it for you.
Last edited by StarSword on Sat, 25. Aug 12, 21:40, edited 1 time in total.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

mistervec
x4

Post by mistervec » Sat, 25. Aug 12, 00:53

StarSword wrote:You forgot Step 5. Get a paperweight to hold down the Alt key (or a rubber band to hold the trigger on your joystick), and go make a sandwich.
Step 5 is purely optional. I would not impugn a fellow Gentleman by insinuating he could not sustain his righteous indignation indefinitely. However, I will not think much less of a man if he needs to do so.
General Electric #119T53 Toaster with Stapled-On celeron chipset. 256 megs of toast. Graphics powered by a bit of cardboard with "graffiks" written on the side by a small child.

Ziggy
x3tc

Post by Ziggy » Sat, 25. Aug 12, 02:01

Fastest way is eject then command the ship you just left to drop the SETA and then collect the SETA in the spacesuit, dont try to just fly into it as you will explode, get close to it then creep up on it at 1m/s and your spacesuit now has SETA :D now repair away, I picked up an Express for 17000 and sold it on for near 300000, took only a few mizura with the SETA in the suit.

Ziggy
... to be so alone your brain screams for a voice and your heart cries for the warmth of a soul ...

shawnburton
x4

Post by shawnburton » Sat, 25. Aug 12, 07:44

But.. but.. you can't SETA while alt is held down.. that may be a flaw in the plan

Solomon Short
x4

Post by Solomon Short » Sat, 25. Aug 12, 09:22

You need a weight on the SETA key as well as Fire.

Because SETA is continuously being activated it never breaks.

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Sat, 25. Aug 12, 09:35

The default key for firing your laser is CTRL and not ALT. By default ALT is set for Video Enhancement Goggles. Using the default keys to enable SETA repair would be to press CTRL+J simultaneously. :)
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Unknown Sector..... That's what you get for using Bing instead of Google!

Gold Dragon
x3tc

Post by Gold Dragon » Sat, 25. Aug 12, 18:46

Ziggy wrote:Fastest way is eject then command the ship you just left to drop the SETA and then collect the SETA in the spacesuit, dont try to just fly into it as you will explode, get close to it then creep up on it at 1m/s and your spacesuit now has SETA :D now repair away, I picked up an Express for 17000 and sold it on for near 300000, took only a few mizura with the SETA in the suit.

Ziggy

Also dangerous. In the Space suit, you have 2 hours air supply. Seta will make it run out even faster. Up to approx. 12 minutes.

AND you will need to purchase a new seta afterwards.
-- GD

mistervec
x4

Post by mistervec » Sat, 25. Aug 12, 19:43

Coreblimey wrote:The default key for firing your laser is CTRL and not ALT.
I am duly chastised. I have corrected the error. Now I must lock myself in my Kiosk of Chastisement until the Shame Goblins are satiated.

Ziggy
x3tc

Post by Ziggy » Sat, 25. Aug 12, 22:08

Gold Dragon wrote:
Ziggy wrote:Fastest way is eject then command the ship you just left to drop the SETA and then collect the SETA in the spacesuit, dont try to just fly into it as you will explode, get close to it then creep up on it at 1m/s and your spacesuit now has SETA :D now repair away, I picked up an Express for 17000 and sold it on for near 300000, took only a few mizura with the SETA in the suit.

Ziggy

Also dangerous. In the Space suit, you have 2 hours air supply. Seta will make it run out even faster. Up to approx. 12 minutes.

AND you will need to purchase a new seta afterwards.
Not really the Express I fixed started at 8%, when you use use the repair laser let it wind down to 10% power then hit the SETA key and hit the fire button when power hits 90%, rinse and repeat. I finished and the O2 level was at 84% and as for purchasing a new SETA, its 257cr :lol: in my case I made about 280,000 so I wasn't to bothered about the SETA :roll:

Ziggy
... to be so alone your brain screams for a voice and your heart cries for the warmth of a soul ...

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Sun, 26. Aug 12, 04:10

Running out of air is really only a danger if you're trying to patch up a capital ship. Freighters and fighters don't have enough hull points for it to happen unless you completely stop paying attention.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”