X3TC Problems With 'Remote Buy / Sell' SOLVED

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ziggy
x3tc

X3TC Problems With 'Remote Buy / Sell' SOLVED

Post by Ziggy » Fri, 31. Aug 12, 00:11

Cant get the ship to use the jumpdrive when using the remote buy / sell commands. Ive even tried putting a pilot in (lv25) and it still refused to use it. Is it anything to do with the 'Auto Jumpdrive Config' in the commands menu? Ive tried setting it to yes for autojump and 50 sectors but that didnt help either. At present im having to use the command then check on the info for the ship to see where its going then get it to jump manual to the dest' :evil:

Ive included a pic of the ships equipment, cant think of anything im missing though.

Ziggy

[ external image ]
Last edited by Ziggy on Fri, 31. Aug 12, 01:40, edited 1 time in total.
... to be so alone your brain screams for a voice and your heart cries for the warmth of a soul ...

Nyito
x4

Post by Nyito » Fri, 31. Aug 12, 00:22

Just off the top of my head, if you set the minimum jump range to 50, that means he won't jump unless his destination is more than 50 sectors away.

Unsure what else could be causing it based on the information provided.

Ziggy
x3tc

Post by Ziggy » Fri, 31. Aug 12, 00:38

Nyito wrote:Just off the top of my head, if you set the minimum jump range to 50, that means he won't jump unless his destination is more than 50 sectors away.

Unsure what else could be causing it based on the information provided.
I tried it without altering the autojump settings, so it was on no and 0 sectors. So I thought change those so I tried just one change, and that was to yes for autojump, that didnt work so then I tried the 50 sector change, that didnt work, are the autojump config settings not tied into the supply command software though? I had a look before and im sure that was to do with how much fuel would be transfered using the supply software, I changed that in desperation :roll:
What else do you need to know? Ive tried the remote best buy for advanced sat's and it started off for a warpgate, ive had a cargo hold full of Silicon and tried remote best sell and it wont use the jumpdrive, as you can see the ship has got enough energy and equipment.

Ziggy
... to be so alone your brain screams for a voice and your heart cries for the warmth of a soul ...

Nyito
x4

Post by Nyito » Fri, 31. Aug 12, 00:43

I'm fairly sure 0 won't work. Setting it to 1 has all mine jumping even to neighboring sectors.

terryokc2
x3tc

Post by terryokc2 » Fri, 31. Aug 12, 00:54

Each time I have used the command, the TS has autojump at yes with minimum sector 1....it will then ask for an input for the range of the transaction. As long as I didn't go beyond what the ships ecells would take him for the the range, every one has used the jump drive. I did this often for things where only 2 were available at a time...or less....like 2 GJ shields.

Ziggy
x3tc

Post by Ziggy » Fri, 31. Aug 12, 01:40

Thankyou :D

That done the trick, set it to yes and 1 and it worked!

Ziggy

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Fri, 31. Aug 12, 14:02

Nyito wrote:I'm fairly sure 0 won't work. Setting it to 1 has all mine jumping even to neighboring sectors.
Last time I checked, setting it to zero means they'll use the jumpdrive anytime they can save time by jumping. Even if they're just hopping to the other side of the same sector.

Works fine for me.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

terryokc2
x3tc

Post by terryokc2 » Sat, 1. Sep 12, 01:22

StarSword wrote:
Nyito wrote:I'm fairly sure 0 won't work. Setting it to 1 has all mine jumping even to neighboring sectors.
Last time I checked, setting it to zero means they'll use the jumpdrive anytime they can save time by jumping. Even if they're just hopping to the other side of the same sector.

Works fine for me.
I have started setting all my new jump drive capable ships to zero minimum distance...that way I don't have to check each time I might need them to jump to the opposite gate in the same sector. Yes, saves a bit of time. :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”