Steam/GOG etc - Free Stuff (or very, very cheap)

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Tue, 21. Nov 17, 16:22

burger1 wrote:Brutal Legend a rock and roll themed game is free on humble bundle.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comm ... gend_free/
One of the most awesome game concepts, ever... Thanks for the headsup!

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Tue, 21. Nov 17, 21:15

It looks like some black Friday sales have started. Gog has some. The game MDK is free also.

mrbadger
x3tc

MDK currently free on GOG

Post by mrbadger » Wed, 22. Nov 17, 10:24

Just in case anyones interested, or can even remember this game, it's free today.

Not sure how long it'll be free for, bit too busy to investigate, got it myself, posted here, now I've got to get back to work.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

Jericho
x2

Post by Jericho » Wed, 22. Nov 17, 10:51

Ooooo, I remember I had a demo for this (Atari ST perhaps?)

Found it pleasantly different.
"I've got a bad feeling about this!" Harrison Ford, 5 times a year, trying to land his plane.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Wed, 22. Nov 17, 15:13

I got the demo of MDK on a "PCGAmer" disk, way back when. And, IIRC, that was several years before it was released.

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Thu, 23. Nov 17, 00:37

It's still free and unless I'm mistaken, it'll be free for the next 12 hours.

Edit: Oh, this is the steam freebee thread. I was referreing to GoG.
Winner of 350 Mil class of X-Verse Fleet Fest Italiano
Boycotting Steam since 2003

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Thu, 23. Nov 17, 06:56

Cpt.Jericho wrote:It's still free and unless I'm mistaken, it'll be free for the next 12 hours.

Edit: Oh, this is the steam freebee thread. I was referreing to GoG.
It's fine, IMO. It's generally used for all freebies from the major e-sellers and others.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Thu, 23. Nov 17, 16:50

burger1 wrote:Brutal Legend a rock and roll themed game is free on humble bundle.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comm ... gend_free/
Well that was a pleasent surprise of a game :) Laughed a lot.
Thanks for sharing :D

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Thu, 23. Nov 17, 18:57

There will naturally be some freebies listed, but this focuses more on the massive "Autumn Sale" going on right now on Steam. I figured the gamer bros/sisses wouldn't mind a nice list of all the steep discounts available right now. (Though, I haven't found any that I'm particularly excited about, yet, for myself.)

Some of these may be "near enough to almost be "free."

https://steamdb.info/sales/

My preferred tracker/searcher for specifics is: https://steamspy.com/

And, Steam's own "Specials" list: http://store.steampowered.com/search/?specials=1

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Thu, 23. Nov 17, 19:39

I usually just add stuff I'm mildly interested to the steam wish list and then get an email when there is a sale, or just open the wish list page and see if anything in there is at a price that makes me pick it up.

MFG

Ketraar

muppetts
x3tc

Post by muppetts » Fri, 24. Nov 17, 08:14

Sanctum 2 is free in the Humble Store
VURT The only Feathers to Fly With......

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Fri, 24. Nov 17, 17:00

Ketraar wrote:I usually just add stuff I'm mildly interested to the steam wish list and then get an email when there is a sale, or just open the wish list page and see if anything in there is at a price that makes me pick it up.
I don't have the enthusiasm for gaming that I used to have, so I don't really follow titles that closely or even know what's out there, most of the time, considering the number of titles there are these days.

That usually means that I buy on impulse when I see a title on sale rather than eagerly tracking a game or waiting on release-day. Heck, half the titles in my library were only purchased after I looked up what the best discounts were at any given time. (And, I have yet to actually play most of them. :) )

It's worth noting that "Rimworld", the only game I keep tabs on, never goes on sale. IRRC, it was only discounted once and I missed it. :)

OmegaKnight
x3tc

Post by OmegaKnight » Sat, 25. Nov 17, 23:15

Well Rimworld isn't finished yet, it only just left alpha.
I guess it might go on sale some time after it goes 1.0 and is officially completed.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 26. Nov 17, 07:44

OmegaKnight wrote:Well Rimworld isn't finished yet, it only just left alpha.
I guess it might go on sale some time after it goes 1.0 and is officially completed.
"Not being finished yet" doesn't stop games going on sale these days--as an example, the Early Access game "Rust" is currently on Steam sale at 50% off.

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Sun, 26. Nov 17, 17:33

It won't be long before the big companies will start trying to sell the idea that a game might get released next year, 'and if you pay now, there will be extra stuff!!!!!'

But people will still pay for it, so who'd be the fool?

I doubt this will last, the video game crash of 1983 was caused by different technology, but the underlying reason was largely the same.

Consumers will buy anything we sell, like good little sheep.

Only they didn't, and the market collapsed. Not permanently for sure, but it was very different when it came back to its former strength.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 26. Nov 17, 19:06

Ahem. Back on thread topic please.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

[SOLAR]INFERNO
x4

Post by [SOLAR]INFERNO » Thu, 30. Nov 17, 19:11

Another freebie from Humble Bundle - The Bureau: XCOM Declassified.[/url]

muppetts
x3tc

Post by muppetts » Sat, 2. Dec 17, 09:58

Not free but Humble Bundle have Quantum Break, The Long Dark, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III for 12 Euro (9 quid). You just need to sub for a month, then you immediately get the keys then you unsub.
VURT The only Feathers to Fly With......

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Sat, 2. Dec 17, 21:43

Free game: https://www.nimbatus.ch/demo/ (requires registration/email, but you can unsubscribe afterwards)

Nimbatus, basically a space-drone constructor that blows up stuffs. :)

A play vid by "manyatruenerd" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... qPZouJMG4o

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Mon, 4. Dec 17, 23:00

Not Steam, but Ubisoft Giving Away Two PC Games For Free This Month
Looking for a gift this holiday? Ubisoft is giving away two PC games--and they're pretty good ones. Now through December 11, you can get the RTS World in Conflict (and its Soviet Assault expansion) for the low, low price of $0.00.

Then starting on December 12, you can pick up Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag for nothing. This freebie offer ends on December 28. The well-regarded, Caribbean-set Black Flag was released in 2013 and puts you into the stealthy boots of Edward Kenway.
I didn't play either of those and probably won't, but I thought others might be interested.

Return to “Off Topic English”