Laser defense towers

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Kevlarburrito

Laser defense towers

Post by Kevlarburrito » Sun, 2. Sep 12, 07:46

I've reached the part of the Albion Prelude campaign where I'm required to setup 3 towers. I've been looking for about 3 days now and I have only been able to find 1 for sale. Am I missing something or is there another way I'm supposed to get these towers?

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Sun, 2. Sep 12, 08:09

If you don't want to build a factory to produce them, you can bring resources to a laster tower factory and buy them as they are produced.

JackKiller2266

Post by JackKiller2266 » Sun, 2. Sep 12, 08:12

no a lot of people have this problem Laser Towers in the X economy get taken by NPC very fast, your best bet is to make a lot of money and build your own LT(Laser Tower) factory, this help in the long run because you can set the up to defend your stations, you can also sell them to NPC trader to make some profitsssssss

*Damn it Sinxar you beat me to the punch

Kevlarburrito

Post by Kevlarburrito » Sun, 2. Sep 12, 08:34

Ah, that's pretty awesome didn't know that's how the game worked. Guess I'll bring the supplies on over since I can't find a station to build. Thanks guys!

JackKiller2266

Post by JackKiller2266 » Sun, 2. Sep 12, 08:40

you can buy the stations but they are expensive and you need to be of high ranking, and i agree with Sinxar, just feed the station the goods and wait with SETA until they are completed ( i think LT's take over an 1 hr and 40 (ish) Minutes to build(I might be slightly off))

Kevlarburrito

Post by Kevlarburrito » Sun, 2. Sep 12, 08:46

I know you can buy them, I just don't know where they're sold. Or is there some generic factory station I build and then choose what to make?

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Sun, 2. Sep 12, 08:57

If you look in the in-game encyclopedia, under special objects, then click on lasertower, it will tell you which of the stations that you have discovered sells them. :)
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Unknown Sector..... That's what you get for using Bing instead of Google!

Kevlarburrito

Post by Kevlarburrito » Sun, 2. Sep 12, 09:18

Alright well, I've located all the stations that sell them, but none of these stations PRODUCE them. Anyone know which system I could find one of those stations in?

JackKiller2266

Post by JackKiller2266 » Sun, 2. Sep 12, 09:23

i know of one that is in wastelands( or at least it was in my game until the Xenon went on a rampage and pretty much killed anything from Black Hole sun to Grand Exchange(Both in 2.0 and 2.5.1 the RRF never stood a chance), other than that GoD likes to get rid of them if they arnt up to his/her standards (is it bad that i am personifying a script this much?)

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Sun, 2. Sep 12, 10:06

I've uncovered 4 in my 'newish' game. they are in:

Wastelands (as mentioned by JackKiller2266)
Priest Rings
Cloudbase North West
Preacher's Refuge :)
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Unknown Sector..... That's what you get for using Bing instead of Google!

dalin80
x3tc

Post by dalin80 » Sun, 2. Sep 12, 13:09

May be worth looking into setting up a small complex for LT production, they are a very useful asset at times and getting started early can be helpful.
Pilot of the Purple Elephant

Crezeh
x3ap

Post by Crezeh » Sun, 2. Sep 12, 13:57

Kevlarburrito wrote:Alright well, I've located all the stations that sell them, but none of these stations PRODUCE them. Anyone know which system I could find one of those stations in?
If you're using the ingame encyclopedia, scroll further down. It lists which factories sells them, and further down, which factories produce them.

Unless you haven't explored enough to run into a laser tower factory yet. In that case, all you can do is explore.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”