Paranid M7 Question

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

lordsloth

Paranid M7 Question

Post by lordsloth » Tue, 4. Sep 12, 10:38

So everybody is very happy about the aggamemnon and less so about the deimos.

And honestly, aside from the aggy looking far more badass, I dont see much difference. The aggy has slightly more turret weapons, yes. Do 2 extra PSGs really make that much of a difference that theyre worth going through all the bother of capping one and then building up my paranid rep again?

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Tue, 4. Sep 12, 11:16

Aggy got 4 extra weapons...not 2.
& note that its right & left turrets contains 4 weapon slots each. Means you can mount total of 16 IBL anti capital weapons.
So if somebody is looking for a well defended (6GB shielding) fast anti cap ship....Aggy is the ideal choice.
Other than that Deimos is better....with better turret coverage & a little hanger.

Edit - My bad...only 12 IBLs can mount. As 46_n_2 said....
Last edited by Klord on Tue, 4. Sep 12, 14:43, edited 2 times in total.
X fanatic. More of an X3 fanatic.
What about X4? Nah, I prefer a space simulator rather than a walking simulator.

lordsloth

Post by lordsloth » Tue, 4. Sep 12, 12:32

Right you are, miscounted.

Think Im going to go for the deimos for now then. Seems like less of a hassle. Presumably its still OKish at killing capitals as well?

Does anybody have experience with it as an OOS sector defender? Is it any good? I'm currently using split ships (1 panther, 2 tigers) but I havent really met any heavy resistance with them so I dont know if they will perform well or not.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Re: Paranid M7 Question

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 4. Sep 12, 12:42

lordsloth wrote:So everybody is very happy about the aggamemnon and less so about the deimos.
Not even close to true. :)

It is up to you which ship you fly. Asking which is "best" will get a different answer from each player, because "best" is a personal choice.

That said, the more experienced players often point out that the Deimos is the best-balanced M7, and is a superior pirate ship.

If you just want to blow stuff up, then the Agamemnon is fine... but why not use a Destroyer or M7M instead?

If you are looking for a versatile frigate (perhaps the most versatile class of ship), then the Deimos rules.

As has been said before, there is nothing the Deimos cannot do in the hands of a skilled player.

(Regarding OOS sector defense, heavier is better there. Shrikes are the best OOS M7's because of their heavier shielding. However, the Deimos is better than nothing for that role.)

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Tue, 4. Sep 12, 14:08

I too personally prefer Deimos over Aggy...having more turrets are better than having couple more guns. Specially when it comes to fighter defense.

By the way...
DrBullwinkle wrote:(Regarding OOS sector defense, heavier is better there. Shrikes are the best OOS M7's because of their heavier shielding. However, the Deimos is better than nothing for that role.)
How come shrike got better shielding than Deimos....? It got only 4GB while Deimos got 6.
In fact Deimos & the Aggy are the heaviest shielded m7 frigates. (even better than Terran counterparts) :gruebel:

Edit - May be you are talking about hull....or that its the only m7 capable of mounting Gauss cannons....in that case, im sorry.
X fanatic. More of an X3 fanatic.
What about X4? Nah, I prefer a space simulator rather than a walking simulator.

46_n_2
x3tc

Post by 46_n_2 » Tue, 4. Sep 12, 14:33

i prefer the Aggy as a capship killer... deimos is more of a fighter suppression/utility ship in my fleet

12 IBLs can be brought to bear with the Aggy (4 front/left/right)

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Tue, 4. Sep 12, 16:14

Klord wrote:Edit - May be you are talking about hull....or that its the only m7 capable of mounting Gauss cannons....in that case, im sorry.
Only if in AP they fixed the bug where ammo-using weapons don't work properly OOS.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”