Captured ship disappeared !! (solved)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Klord
x3ap

Captured ship disappeared !! (solved)

Post by Klord » Wed, 5. Sep 12, 12:14

I was killing Argons in war sectors (Heretics end) to increase my Terran rep.
Cleared out most of the sector except for one Cerberus & decided to cap it.
After successfully capturing I landed an m5 in it & transported ship extension. (jump drive etc...)
Everything was fine till I ordered it to jump to a nearby sector. The ship disappeared. (including my m5 onboard) :o

Next time, I reloaded & moved my ass in to it & I made the jump myself. Nothing happened...everything went fine. But as soon as I jumped away from the sector with another ship...it disappeared again !!! :headbang:

What the hell is happening ?
Last edited by Klord on Wed, 5. Sep 12, 13:31, edited 1 time in total.
X fanatic. More of an X3 fanatic.
What about X4? Nah, I prefer a space simulator rather than a walking simulator.

Dantrithor
x3tc

Post by Dantrithor » Wed, 5. Sep 12, 12:53

Ships in war sectors do not lose their native scripts properly when captured. You're better off selling it away (after flying it yourself so it doesn't vanish)

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Wed, 5. Sep 12, 13:22

Dantrithor wrote:Ships in war sectors do not lose their native scripts properly when captured. You're better off selling it away (after flying it yourself so it doesn't vanish)
Yup I sold it...now Im fascinated with Cerberus's abilities....want to buy one. :shock:
Probably the best anti fighter frigate in the game. Small, agile & got 24 guns !

Dantrithor
x3tc

Post by Dantrithor » Wed, 5. Sep 12, 13:23

I flew one, and it's cool. But god help you if you enter a knifefight with any M7-M2-M1 equipped with anti-capital guns.

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Wed, 5. Sep 12, 13:31

Dantrithor wrote:I flew one, and it's cool. But god help you if you enter a knifefight with any M7-M2-M1 equipped with anti-capital guns.
Agreed...but still its better than Panther as an anti fighter platform. Its smaller means harder to hit.

& my gosh Griffon is tinier.....might even smaller than some corvettes. :shock:

Anyway... problem solved. Thank you very much..

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 5. Sep 12, 18:23

Ships in war sectors do not lose their native scripts properly when captured.
If you play a modified game, then Super Script Killer (SSK) (for captured/boarded ships) solves the problem. Just target the captured ship and press the hotkey -- all scripts (and other unwelcome behaviors of captured ships) will be fixed.

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Wed, 5. Sep 12, 18:56

DrBullwinkle wrote:
Ships in war sectors do not lose their native scripts properly when captured.
If you play a modified game, then Super Script Killer (SSK) (for captured/boarded ships) solves the problem. Just target the captured ship and press the hotkey -- all scripts (and other unwelcome behaviors of captured ships) will be fixed.
Well...that Cerberus was the only ship that behave like this. Do you mean that is it possible to ill-behave other ships too. Even if they are captured from a non war sector ?

& by the way....my game is freezing occasionally...I think my poor old machine is running out of breath. :cry:
Im afraid to install any more scripts. :doh:
Thanks

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 5. Sep 12, 19:10

Klord wrote:Do you mean that is it possible to ill-behave other ships too. Even if they are captured from a non war sector ?

Yes.

There are common problem with captured ships. SSK fixes them all.

my game is freezing occasionally
It's probably not your computer. More likely a bad script.

Perhaps you will soon have the pleasure of playing TC Plots for Albion Prelude in a new game. :)

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Wed, 5. Sep 12, 19:25

DrBullwinkle wrote:Yes.

There are common problem with captured ships. SSK fixes them all.
:o got to watch my back then....
my game is freezing occasionally
It's probably not your computer. More likely a bad script.

Perhaps you will soon have the pleasure of playing TC Plots for Albion Prelude in a new game. :)[/quote]

I really would love to....I didnt finish all (actually most) TC plots. 8)
But I cant left my current empire. Worked hard to come so far.... :S . Any way, is there a way to find what is wrong with my game ? I mean the reason to occasional stuck ?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 5. Sep 12, 19:35

Klord wrote:I cant leave my current empire. Worked hard to come this far....

It is much easier to accumulate wealth on your second play-through than it was the first time. You will not miss your current empire.

And the Hub plot encourages you to build a new empire anyway.

is there a way to find what is wrong with my game ? I mean the reason to occasional stuck ?
The usual cause for a freeze is a bugged loop, which will be in a specific script. So try to figure out what action causes the freeze. If you can figure out which script is bugged, then you can remove it.

Other possible causes are mismatches between your saved game and your scripts/mods on disk. This can happen as a result of uninstalling things. Try a new game start (you don't have to save if you don't want to). If the game does not freeze in the new game start, then it means that your saved game is bugged. The cure for that is starting a new game.

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Wed, 5. Sep 12, 19:48

DrBullwinkle wrote:It is much easier to accumulate wealth on your second play-through than it was the first time. You will not miss your current empire.

And the Hub plot encourages you to build a new empire anyway.
Heard about a looong Hub plot....:roll:
Should have played it.
DrBullwinkle wrote:The usual cause for a freeze is a bugged loop, which will be in a specific script. So try to figure out what action causes the freeze. If you can figure out which script is bugged, then you can remove it.

Other possible causes are mismatches between your saved game and your scripts/mods on disk. This can happen as a result of uninstalling things. Try a new game start (you don't have to save if you don't want to). If the game does not freeze in the new game start, then it means that your saved game is bugged. The cure for that is starting a new game.

Thanks...I will try it.
May be a new game too....hmmm..

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 5. Sep 12, 20:02

Klord wrote:Heard about a looong Hub plot....
The Hub Plot is actually very easy, and you do not have to build all of the crazy complexes that are frequently advised on the forum. All you have to do is find a way to earn credits and then set the prices high in Hub. UT's will do almost all of the work for you; using (mostly) vanilla factories.

The only thing that the NPC's would not do (automatically) for me was to transport Teladianium to the Hub. So I set a couple of CLS2 ships to buy from the foundries in Grand Exchange and deliver to the Hub.

Then I had fun boarding and selling Yaki Ryu's (and creating a fleet of UT's) while the NPC's filled my Hub. :)

Think of the Hub as a "background task" rather than something that must be completed immediately. It is a lot more fun that way!

Also, you can do other plots while the Hub plot is running.

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Wed, 5. Sep 12, 20:11

DrBullwinkle wrote:The Hub Plot is actually very easy, and you do not have to build all of the crazy complexes that are frequently advised on the forum. All you have to do is find a way to earn credits and then set the prices high in Hub. UT's will do almost all of the work for you; using (mostly) vanilla factories.

The only thing that the NPC's would not do (automatically) for me was to transport Teladianium to the Hub. So I set a couple of CLS2 ships to buy from the foundries in Grand Exchange and deliver to the Hub.

Then I had fun boarding and selling Yaki Ryu's (and creating a fleet of UT's) while the NPC's filled my Hub. :)

Think of the Hub as a "background task" rather than something that must be completed immediately. It is a lot more fun that way!

Also, you can do other plots while the Hub plot is running.
That actually is the thing Im looking for...I tend to give up playing games after completing main quests/plots. So something like that will get me going. If I knew that AP got only 3 shorts plots at the beginning, I would have used that TC plot script.

Anyway...whats done is done...I will stick to this game for now. If things get worse I will start a new one. Thank you very much for the insight.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”