If Egosoft painted next game(afther x-rebirth) in wild colours how would you react

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

samoja

If Egosoft painted next game(afther x-rebirth) in wild colours how would you react

Post by samoja » Wed, 5. Sep 12, 14:43

yesterday i put up a post about what i taught was missing in X, i did a colour comparison ith freelancer, now ill show the FL map for those that did not play it http://igiss.net/images/discovery/disco ... verse2.jpg

So as you see FL universe is surrounded with colorful dust clouds which allowed the devs to make every system visibly different color, if Egosoft did that with its universe, added nebulas, dust clouds and colorful background would you consider it good or bad thing?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 5. Sep 12, 15:05

Some similarities to this debate?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Wed, 5. Sep 12, 15:15

That would be great !!!
X fanatic. More of an X3 fanatic.
What about X4? Nah, I prefer a space simulator rather than a walking simulator.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 5. Sep 12, 15:23

Someone did a map of the Reunion Universe based on nebula colours found in the game..

Hemmingfish

Post by Hemmingfish » Fri, 7. Sep 12, 14:39

I'd consider it a very good thing: See X2 for what it looks like when Egosoft does that.

Samuel Creshal
x3tc

Re: If Egosoft painted next game(afther x-rebirth) in wild colours how would you react

Post by Samuel Creshal » Fri, 7. Sep 12, 14:48

samoja wrote:So as you see FL universe is surrounded with colorful dust clouds which allowed the devs to make every system visibly different color, if Egosoft did that with its universe, added nebulas, dust clouds and colorful background would you consider it good or bad thing?
According to the books the universe actually is supposed to have a very noticeable nebula in one area, it's just harder to notice, since the position on the gate map has no connection to the actual location in the universe (neighboring sectors can be in different galaxies!), and said nebula is therefore visible in completely random sectors.

Moonrat
x4

Re: If Egosoft painted next game(afther x-rebirth) in wild colours how would you react

Post by Moonrat » Fri, 7. Sep 12, 18:39

Samuel Creshal wrote:
samoja wrote:So as you see FL universe is surrounded with colorful dust clouds which allowed the devs to make every system visibly different color, if Egosoft did that with its universe, added nebulas, dust clouds and colorful background would you consider it good or bad thing?
According to the books the universe actually is supposed to have a very noticeable nebula in one area, it's just harder to notice, since the position on the gate map has no connection to the actual location in the universe (neighboring sectors can be in different galaxies!), and said nebula is therefore visible in completely random sectors.
I've tried to bring order to the chaos a little with IEX, and although it's getting there (?), until I can create yet more new backgounds I'd be the first to state it's not perfect. I've strived to introduce a greater continuity of nebula space etc. within IEX (and now XRM) compared to the vanilla map and objects/nebulas types/colours viewed far off when travelling thru' the gate for instance should now make more sense when you arrive there. Various parts of the map are also more consistent, with a reduction of random nebula types appearing from one sector to the next... I'd rather assumed that some sectors where physically close to each other space (like the Solar System) whereas other jump distances to new areas of space might be much greater.
[ external image ]
IEX Download Statistics - LUVi / XRMi ( 3115 / 5415 )
X4 Crexit 324 ; X4 Encounters 3193 (STEAM Unique/Current 6341/3412)

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Fri, 7. Sep 12, 18:55

In actual fact nebulae only look like colorful clouds from far away. The matter density in them isn't nearly high enough to produce any noticeable fog.

But I file it under Acceptable Breaks from Reality. If they went for realism here every sector background would look exactly the same.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

DarkTemplar
x3tc

Post by DarkTemplar » Fri, 7. Sep 12, 20:52

StarSword wrote:In actual fact nebulae only look like colorful clouds from far away. The matter density in them isn't nearly high enough to produce any noticeable fog.

But I file it under Acceptable Breaks from Reality. If they went for realism here every sector background would look exactly the same.
I agree. Personally I think it would help the X-Universe to feel less "empty". Of course it wouldn't be all that realistic but a game doesn't really has to be realistic in the first place.

Personally I don't have a problem with having loads of colors of done properly and they actually fit the setting. Having huge gas/dust clouds, suns coloring systems in different colors and stuff like that could help add to the ambiente.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”