Unale to capture Xenon Capital Ships

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

phoenix_5a
x3tc

Unale to capture Xenon Capital Ships

Post by phoenix_5a » Thu, 6. Sep 12, 05:37

I've tried capturing Xenon capital ships such as the Q with a missile frigate. I brought down the shields and launched my boarding pods of marines at the ship but my boarding party keeps getting eliminated. Can Xenon capital ships be captured?

Kapakio
x4

Post by Kapakio » Thu, 6. Sep 12, 11:37

Yes then can, but they are the hardest. You need to keep launching marines to replace the ones killed. Search a little bit on the forum and you will find some techniques.

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Thu, 6. Sep 12, 15:56

Xenon ships are beyond hard. Think mincing machine. You need a large number of marines, all 5 x 5 x5 and 5 in fighting. It is possible and it is done, but don't be surprised if you find it tricky.

You have to keep replacing the dead guys with fresh meat to keep the numbers alive on the ship above a certain figure at all times or they all die instantly.

You can't even use the save at each deck and reload when too many die trick because the number that die is set at the beginning of the board.

When I've got 70 guys together I might consider an I, but to be honest most of the other Xenon really aren't worth the carnage involved. There are better ships that can be taken much more easily. Personally I wouldn't even think about it until you're an experienced boarder.

Aragosnat
x4

Post by Aragosnat » Thu, 6. Sep 12, 18:59

Also if you are not playing a DiD game you can always keep reloading till the succesed. Also if I remember right. Getting x + 1 more marine attacking at onces helps a lot too.
Chain Maille Armor
Profitzz
May this spacefly bother you.
[ external image ]
TC: 32+ Squidie (Steam DiD) deaths and counting since around June 18, 2012.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”