ReadText error for "Xenon Shipyard" and some other script

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

MarkWD

ReadText error for "Xenon Shipyard" and some other script

Post by MarkWD » Sat, 8. Sep 12, 12:45

Hello all. I have X3 Reunion 2.5, X3 Bonus Package and XTC 0.7.5 installed.
I tried to add some script using Cycrow's Plugin Manager.

Some of them just work fine:
- "Add Jumpdrives and Transporter Devices to EQ Docks"
- "Advanced Jumpdrive"
- "x0ne Turret Control System (TCS)"

But some of them give me the "ReadText" error in the AL menu, instead of the correct title/name, and obviously don't work at all:
- "Xenon Shipyard" (ReadText8005)
- "Xenon Migration" (ReadText7546)
- "Pirate Base Lasertower Defence Booster" (ReadText8006)

I noticed XTC doesn't need the EMP (Extended Mod Pack) to be installed, so I didn't. But the fact is the readtext error is there. And I already tried to reinstall X3 twice.

Any tip or trick? Maybe have I to install mods BEFORE to install XTC using EMP?

Thank you in advance for any further kind reply.

EDIT:
Advanced Jumpdrive gtives me the same ReadText problem too in the Commands menu... :(
- - - - - -
MarkWD

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 15. Sep 12, 13:03

But some of them give me the "ReadText" error in the AL menu, instead of the correct title/name, and obviously don't work at all:
You could make sure that all of the t files of these scripts are placed within th X3 Reunion/t-folder. If you play in another language than English you should also make sure that an appropriate language specific t-file for your language is there.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

MarkWD

Post by MarkWD » Tue, 18. Sep 12, 21:29

You could make sure that all of the t files of these scripts are placed within th X3 Reunion/t-folder. If you play in another language than English you should also make sure that an appropriate language specific t-file for your language is there.
Text files are in the T folder and yes, I use the italian language, but for some weird happening, some english title is visible in my italian sessions.
Anywayt, what if I open all the T files and I change the language number? Do you know eventually how can I find the number for the italian language? I don't care to read textes in english, I just would see them :)
- - - - - -
MarkWD

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”