[TC] Pirate/Yaki rep question

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

joefitts63
x3tc

[TC] Pirate/Yaki rep question

Post by joefitts63 » Mon, 10. Sep 12, 19:12

From what I have searched up, the pirates and Yaki are enemies, and you gain/lose rep based on killing them in each other's territories. This leaves me confused about the pirate base in Ockracoke's Storm. If I do missions for that base, whose rep do I gain and lose? It is a Pirate base, but in Yaki space. :?:

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 10. Sep 12, 19:17

Do missions for the Base from a Pirate character and you gain Pirate rep. Kill Pirate ships coming from the Base and you gain Yaki rep but lose Pirate rep.

As far as completing station missions are concerned you gain rep with the race of the character from the station who gave you the mission and not necessarily that of the race of the station or sector owner.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Nyito
x4

Post by Nyito » Mon, 10. Sep 12, 19:19

Depends on the mission. Saying it's a neutral "deliver us this" mission, from a pirate, you should gain pirate rep, and lose nothing from the Yaki. Of course any mission that has you attack Yaki, means you'll lose the rep from those attacks. Really no different than getting a mission from a Split in Boron space, despite the races being hostile to each other.

As an aside, if you didn't know, rep gains are based on the race that gives the mission, not who owns the station, or in who's territory it's in.

joefitts63
x3tc

Post by joefitts63 » Mon, 10. Sep 12, 19:24

OK, thanks for the info. So how do I know if the mission is coming from a Yaki?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 10. Sep 12, 19:33

Simple, Yaki do not let anyone else (apart from maybe the Player) land at their stations. Nor do they land at anyone else's.

joefitts63
x3tc

Post by joefitts63 » Mon, 10. Sep 12, 19:39

Thank. So...

Since the Yaki currently won't let me land at their stations, the only way to gain rep with them is to kill Pirates in Yaki territory? Or can I build a space fuel distillery in Ockracoke's Storm and gain rep through trade?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 10. Sep 12, 19:56

I don't think Yaki come to you for trade (no trade ships if I recall) so you have to be able to land at their station to trade. You can kill Pirates (or other races such as Paranid) in their space for rep, or look for a station of theirs in a Yaki border sector that might trade with you or give you missions even if their local Yaki military ships are hostile to you at the moment.

Lone Yaki fighters with a fight icon in Commonwealth sectors also give 'kill race convoy' missions if your rep is good enough for them to stay and talk to you.

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Mon, 10. Sep 12, 21:43

They may be rare but the Yaki do have some TS transporters (Yaki Dolphin/Mercury/etc) running around. They just never survive the passage through Empire's Edge...if they ever manage to get past that Paranid Patrol in Savage Spur...

For trade they can also use all those Susanowa Haulers.

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Mon, 10. Sep 12, 21:55

joefitts63 wrote:Thank. So...

Since the Yaki currently won't let me land at their stations, the only way to gain rep with them is to kill Pirates in Yaki territory? Or can I build a space fuel distillery in Ockracoke's Storm and gain rep through trade?
Steal some ships from Return Ship missions and fly into Ocracoke's Storm. Then wait for the police to come after the ship and kill them. You'll lose rep with the race of the police (gain that back the normal way), and gain rep with the Yaki. Once the shipyard in Senator's Badlands goes blue, fly around Yaki space with a Freight Scanner-equipped fighter and scan any red ships that remain; this will turn them blue.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

zapza

Post by zapza » Mon, 10. Sep 12, 22:35

joefitts63 wrote:Thank. So...

IIRC I waited for a build mission (or two?) from the Yaki Shipyard and then bought up some of their ships once I was granted access. Shortly after that I was granted access to Weaver's Tempest, then I was able to 'feed' the IBL forges, move their Space Fuel about etc and all the while take more build missions.

Getting into bed with the Yaki was the single best move I ever made in this game - you can't hardly move now for weaps/missile fabs in Yaki space ...

:thumb_up:

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Tue, 11. Sep 12, 00:33

What's more, those are now the safest weapon/missile fabs in the universe thanks to the tenacity of the Yaki in defending their space.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

zapza

Post by zapza » Tue, 11. Sep 12, 00:53

Triaxx2 wrote:What's more, those are now the safest weapon/missile fabs in the universe thanks to the tenacity of the Yaki in defending their space.
Spot on. ^^^

Apart from the odd few Pirates and a few totally hopeless Paranid task forces the Yaki Sectors are probably the safest places on the map. So much so that I'm currently 'duplicating' all of my Commonwealth-based fabs within Yaki territory (and Savage Spur) against the day I decide to go completely 'rogue'.

Come and get me .... :evil:

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Tue, 11. Sep 12, 00:55

Alan Phipps wrote:Lone Yaki fighters with a fight icon in Commonwealth sectors also give 'kill race convoy' missions if your rep is good enough for them to stay and talk to you.
I think they also offer assasination missions. Either way the key to communication is DO NOT TARGET THE YAKI SHIP; simply fly within range & open the comms menu from the sector screen. If you target the Yaki ship they'll jump out (if your rep with them is low enough)

Only one or two of these missions should be enough for you to gain enough standing to accept missions from the shipyard (as well as random Yaki fighters natch); once there you can do as many missions as you want (build missions are best, although I suspect any station you build in OS will turn Pirate rather than Yaki - you still gain the Yaki rep for building the station, but the station itself is classed as Pirate, IYSWIM), followed by transport personnel (singular or plural)*

*a bonus on this: if you haven't found the pirate base in OS or nearby (it crops up there often) you can often do so by accepting transport missions & following the guiding arrows. Once you've found it you can use it as a stopover for tunings for any ship bought/sent from the Yaki shipyard.. until the PB gets destroyed again. This will incidentally increase Pirate rep a bit..
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 11. Sep 12, 08:00

Pretty sure the pirate base you have in Ocracoke's Storm will occasionally offer station build missions to build a station in Yaki space. Any station you build through one of these missions will be a Yaki station, which gives you a chance to get Yaki missions and increase your rep that way.

Wilee Darklight
x4

Post by Wilee Darklight » Wed, 12. Sep 12, 22:34

Go knock Duke's stuff around. Pretty sure that still works if you want Yaki rep.

Duke's Hazardous Waste frieghters, etc.

Even better go to the home sector and knock around the... M7's I think, that he has laying around.
Ar- Ar- Ar- Bo- Ar- Ar- Ar- Ar- Ar- Gate.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Thu, 13. Sep 12, 00:37

pjknibbs wrote:Pretty sure the pirate base you have in Ocracoke's Storm will occasionally offer station build missions to build a station in Yaki space. Any station you build through one of these missions will be a Yaki station, which gives you a chance to get Yaki missions and increase your rep that way.
On reflection you may well be right, else Pirate-owned stations would be obliterated in Yaki space in short order. Difficult to tell with them both having IDs of 'I'
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Aragosnat
x4

Post by Aragosnat » Thu, 13. Sep 12, 02:33

Nyito wrote: As an aside, if you didn't know, rep gains are based on the race that gives the mission, not who owns the station, or in who's territory it's in.
Not completely true. You have to look at their avatars when they are speak to you. As once in a while you will get normal race mamber there asking you to do a mission. Not often. But, it can happen. Boron avatars are hard to tell except for the two images.

In Goner space this can be hard to tell apart for Argon avatars. Sometimes for Argon... Sometimes for Goner... The missions are.
Chain Maille Armor
Profitzz
May this spacefly bother you.
[ external image ]
TC: 32+ Squidie (Steam DiD) deaths and counting since around June 18, 2012.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”