How do I get past the Squash Mines ?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

kahlass
x2

How do I get past the Squash Mines ?

Post by kahlass » Tue, 9. Mar 04, 09:12

I would do a search but it is disabled ? for some reason.

I've only just started playing the game and got up to the mission where I must scan the destroyed gate which is surrounded by squash mines. How do I get past them to scan the gate parts ?

I've got out of the ship and moved very slowly right up to about 800m away from the gate then bang ! - the whole lot go up. :evil:

Am I right in thinking that you just have to target the gate parts and wait for the rest of the code to be filled in when or am I doing something wrong ? :oops:

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
:)

Daza
x2

Post by Daza » Tue, 9. Mar 04, 09:22

Im stuck at this point as well I was just going to post that question !!!

have you had any luck yet??

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Tue, 9. Mar 04, 09:29

Hi to both!

You need to destroy the missiles from a distance before ejecting from your ship - use wasp or mosquito missles (2 mosquitos required to kill a mine). When they explode, they will also trigger others to explode. Once you've cleaned all the miines out, then you can proceed.
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

Luckshot
x3tc

Post by Luckshot » Tue, 9. Mar 04, 09:30

You can take the mines down with your ship's lasers, altough i recommend strong shields (M6 shielding will do). After you got rid of the mines, disembark your ship and move close (around 50m) to each nacelle. A cut scene will tell you if you were close enough.

PhilPic
x2

Post by PhilPic » Tue, 9. Mar 04, 09:40

I had trouble with this as well. The mines never showed up on radar so I at first said "what the hell? damn liars, lying about mines being near the..*BLAM!*" and so i got kind of angry and had to reload... after about the 5th try ( :roll: ) I tried targetting under reticle the station, except I hit the mouse and it moved off to the side and targetted a SQUASH mine. I said "uh.. what? they don't even show up on radar" and proceeded to launch 6 missles at the one and 2 of them collided, exploded the mines, and the other missles either exploded because of that or went off and blew up the other ones. Overall I got most of the mines, I think there was only one left that blew up later, thankfully not hitting me in my space suit or else the experience would have sucked worse.

SO... just target off to one of the sides of the gate and try to get one of those SQUASH mines to show up. Lob a bunch of missles into the cloud of em and watch the fireworks.

attep
x3

Post by attep » Tue, 9. Mar 04, 09:49

You can just leave them and come back a lot later, after you have set up factorys and started exploreing. Then Mines are no longer there, but after you look at 2nd naycell(??) you need to jump out of the sytem as pirates and xenon are occupying most of it.

Doktor Kaztrov

Post by Doktor Kaztrov » Tue, 9. Mar 04, 11:23

3 Wasp-missiles wiped out the whole minefield for me.

Biggy
x2

Post by Biggy » Tue, 9. Mar 04, 11:41

I've actually looked everywhere around there because my pal Bret warned me about the minefield but there just was NO minefield whatsoever there!

There was just a Khaak M3 floating around near the gate, so I guess he ate the minefield or something.
Science is but an organized system of ignorance.
I love to increase my ignorance on this great site:
[ external image ]

Sir Crashalot
x4

Post by Sir Crashalot » Tue, 9. Mar 04, 11:47

To find the mines, target the broken gate at a distance of about 4 km, then use your page up and page down keys to cycle between all the targets in your range.
If you can`t dazzle them with dynamics, then baffle them with bullsh*t :D

PhilPic
x2

Post by PhilPic » Sat, 13. Mar 04, 01:38

Sir Crashalot wrote:To find the mines, target the broken gate at a distance of about 4 km, then use your page up and page down keys to cycle between all the targets in your range.
Oh sure, if you want to do it the EASY WAY... :oops: :oops: :P
Sleep is the best.

Stu1973au
x2

Thanks for the pointer

Post by Stu1973au » Sun, 14. Mar 04, 07:01

I have also been having trouble, not so much with spotting the mines (used the sector map to target some wasp missiles) :D but after that I have spent a couple of days searching the Gate and the Narcelles :evil: , will try the hint listed here and see how I go.

KnightLight
x2

Post by KnightLight » Sun, 14. Mar 04, 08:14

What bugs me is how much those little debris shards hovering around the nacelles look like mines too... First time I did that mission I wasted a whole bunch of Wasps firing them uselessly at indestructible scenery.
:P

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”