is there any new "living" mod with capturing systems etc?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

aleks2098

is there any new "living" mod with capturing systems etc?

Post by aleks2098 » Wed, 12. Sep 12, 23:24

i was visiting this forum last time around 1 year ago - after many months i played Terran conflict with some fine mod when we could capture systems and make even our own empire.

anyway - this mod wasnt perfect and AI was doing very stupid moves there.

Was anything new issued during this time? I remember that one year ago some fine mod was issued - but without this option that space invasions took place and we couldnt caputure new systems (and other races also)

Thanks for any help...

Larxyz
x3tc

Post by Larxyz » Thu, 13. Sep 12, 18:45

Improves races 2.0 might have what you are looking for.
not finnished yet tho, but fully working =)
combine it with pirates guild and works pretty good.

bluenog143
x3tc

Post by bluenog143 » Thu, 13. Sep 12, 19:01

There's improved races 2.0 like Larxyz said, which can configure race wars and that type of stuff. There's also the original improved races script.

There's the pirates guild mod like Larxyz said (and I think there is even a yaki guild mod).

There should also be Race Response Fleets (I think that is the name of the mod).

There's a WIP (Work In Progress) total conversion mod called ETNO Chronicles that will add in a dynamic economy with dynamic race relations and that kind of stuff (link in my sig).

Another WIP total conversion mod called X:Timelines (for X3:AP) which will add in stuff like race wars.

And then probably some others that slipped from my mind or that I don't know about.
SinisterDeath wrote:This reminds me of something...

"I don't believe in GoD, but GoD sure believes in blowing up my factories."
Dark_Ansem wrote:Seeing your creation in-game and working makes one feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Fri, 14. Sep 12, 00:08

If you are playing AP then don't use Race Response Fleets as it is a part of the vanilla game.
And also X-Timelines will have a completely dynamic economy like ETNO when it is finished.
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

aleks2098

Post by aleks2098 » Sun, 16. Sep 12, 23:12

Thanks. I will check them :)

But these mods are for Albion Prelude or for Terran Conflict? As i played Terran conflict with mods last time. And when i bought Albion Prelude i realized that there was no mods with these invasions/ changning ownership of star systems.

As i remember i also downloaded installed then X-tended mod - but it was great in graphical and fighting aspect - but was unfortunatelly "static"

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Mon, 17. Sep 12, 08:02

Most scripts that work in X3TC will also work in X3AP (eg. Improved Race, Pirate Guild ect.) However mods will require an update if they are to work in AP.
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

Larxyz
x3tc

Post by Larxyz » Mon, 17. Sep 12, 08:09

improves races 2.0 works nicely with albion prelude.
might even be written for it... dont remember...

pirate guild definitly also works

(using both these myself =) )

Race Response Fleets comes with albion prelude, so dont install that...

yaki armada might work, dont know, havnt tested it myself in albion prelude.

in my current game the Boron has taken all the split sectors in the SE corner of the map :) while the split has taken barren shores.
The pirates are the ones that suffer the most, their sectors are the first to be invaded i think... in my game they now only have the few sectors near Gaian star.

aleks2098

Post by aleks2098 » Mon, 17. Sep 12, 18:09

can you take the systems by your fleet also? To make them "yours"?

Larxyz wrote:improves races 2.0 works nicely with albion prelude.
might even be written for it... dont remember...

pirate guild definitly also works

(using both these myself =) )

Race Response Fleets comes with albion prelude, so dont install that...

yaki armada might work, dont know, havnt tested it myself in albion prelude.

in my current game the Boron has taken all the split sectors in the SE corner of the map :) while the split has taken barren shores.
The pirates are the ones that suffer the most, their sectors are the first to be invaded i think... in my game they now only have the few sectors near Gaian star.

Larxyz
x3tc

Post by Larxyz » Mon, 17. Sep 12, 21:36

with IR2.0
absolutely :)
after wiping out all stations and captial ships, use the hotkey to bring up the
allience menu, there is the claim option.
Though you wont be popular by the one who it belonged too, and they WILL try to take it back, so be prepared :)
There is also somekind of option to claim it in another races, not shure how that works yet.

In the hot war menu i'v set boron-split to be enemies as well as argon-paranid, so they basicly shoot any such ship in their space :)

with pirates guild, you can give the guild ships or money to build up their strength, then ask them for a minor fee (around 1 mil) to attack a station or ship for you. Though with the RRF of albion prelude theyr less effective.

hope that helps :)

edit:
The respons and attack fleets are alot better these days compared to before. The OOC combat improvement with AP helps too, as with the uppgrade hulls has gotten.
Still if you kill the leader of the attack fleets, the rest tend to roam about in confusion.

aleks2098

Post by aleks2098 » Tue, 18. Sep 12, 08:29

Thanks ). X3 is the only game i still play on my PC - its most incredible space enviroment. I waited for these new options since a long time - as last time i played for many many weeks or even months in X3 but when Albion Prelude was issued these options were not available (i wished X-tended mod would incorporate these options, but it didnt)

one more question - its not possible to add these additional mods to X-tended mod?

Larxyz wrote:with IR2.0
absolutely :)
after wiping out all stations and captial ships, use the hotkey to bring up the
allience menu, there is the claim option.
Though you wont be popular by the one who it belonged too, and they WILL try to take it back, so be prepared :)
There is also somekind of option to claim it in another races, not shure how that works yet.

In the hot war menu i'v set boron-split to be enemies as well as argon-paranid, so they basicly shoot any such ship in their space :)

with pirates guild, you can give the guild ships or money to build up their strength, then ask them for a minor fee (around 1 mil) to attack a station or ship for you. Though with the RRF of albion prelude theyr less effective.

edit:
The respons and attack fleets are alot better these days compared to before. The OOC combat improvement with AP helps too, as with the uppgrade hulls has gotten.
Still if you kill the leader of the attack fleets, the rest tend to roam about in confusion.

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Tue, 18. Sep 12, 09:12

one more question - its not possible to add these additional mods to X-tended mod?
IR2.0 may function with X-Tended, but i cant give any guarantees as i haven't tested it. ;)
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

Larxyz
x3tc

Post by Larxyz » Tue, 18. Sep 12, 09:21

cant say really :(
prefer the vanilla universe to the extended one... must be age =)
you will have to ask the developers of either improves races or extended
in their respective forum.
sorry
best
/larxyz

aleks2098

Post by aleks2098 » Tue, 18. Sep 12, 19:35

Anyway - so summarizing:

thanks to improved races 2.0 we can "capture systems" and space is "more alive"

Race responses fleets are actually included in albion prelude. So we dont have to install it to Albion.

There is new mod on horizont which is "ETNO Chronicles" but its still not ready (i saw on youtube trailer anyway) - which will improve many elements.

Question: do we have different mods for Terran Conflict (like IR 2.0) and for Albion? Or mods are "universal" and one version of mod is working on both?

Im asking so many questions - as i suppose that also besides me there are many other people who want to play "Dynamic space" and all these answers may be then used as "total summarization" for me in future and for other players (its good to have all this info in one topic, as we are coming back to X3 after periods of pause and then we just forget how its all working"

ps - i saw some new mod -

[MOD] [TC/AP] X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM) - Total conversion - v1.25d (29.08.12)

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=304158

Can it be combined with Improved Races? Because as i undersood - this mod itself doesnt include "living universe" (living universe - i mean that ownership of sectors changes, we can capture systems etc...)

Larxyz
x3tc

Post by Larxyz » Tue, 18. Sep 12, 23:21

1. yup :)

2. yup

3. As for the comming ETNO and Extended release dates, your guess is good as mine :D

4. Sorry if i am allready saying things you know, but thought it best to explain...
Well, basicly mods come in two variants, as scripts and/or as mods. Scripts often come in the .spk format
to be used with the the plugin manager. If you dont know allready, its an easy to use tool for installing scripts. (and mods for that matter)
Mods usually are used through fake patches (in your main TC directory for TC, and addon directory for AP) where you change the name of the mods two files to be numbered after the ones you allready have. (for example 04 for albion prelude)

As for compatility, that differs from mod to mod, some have a single file that works with meny mods while others have adapted specific versions while others have no compability at all.

Generally yes, there are diffierent mods for TC and AP, since there are quite a few changes in the universe between them.
If you think there are too few plots in AP there is a mod for adding the TC ones too :D thought at the cost of the AP orginial plots...

with risk of being impaled by a moderator :D
here's en extract from from IR's main thread:
(about other mods compabilities)
----------------------------------------------------
X Rebalance Mod (XRM): OK - OK for the most part... Possible Red Flag Post AP 2.1 Update - True Compatibilty State Is Not Known At This Time

X-Tended Terran Conflict (XTC): Theoretically Compatible - This mod is theoretically compatible, however it is completly untested; Also note that only basic shield types will be used, the XTC extra shield types will not.
Time of The Truth (TOTT): Incompatible Reason: Shield file is not compatible, a compatible xtl.CWP.xml file will be provided in the extras section when i get time
DDTC: OK
----------------------------------------------------
btw, link to IRs, thread:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=319529

5. yups :D

thought im not entierly shure how useful such a thread is, since new mods spring into being and old ones are discontinued...

6. XRM is fairly old, but has been contineously developed :D
It changes most aspects of the game, but have read its rather popular.

7. see extract from IR thread :wink:
----
I like a dynamic universe too, but dont want any difference from vanilla at start, after that anything can happen :)
If you like dynamic, you might find:
Litcube's Phanon Corporation V1.21 to your liking:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=279395
This corperation works much like the player.

On a different note:
If you are like me, and started thikning things look o much the same with blue hud and dreary green color all the time.
You might want to have more color to universe, for that recommend the following mods:

white HUD and greyish menues:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=326201
(there are others with other color sets, but got stuck on this one due to the glowing red enemy icons :D )

colored map:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=302247
This makes quite a difference, color wise.

There is also a mod that adds color to the equipment lists on stations/ships and in crates space.
cant seem to find the link though :(

Anyway, hope this helps alittle and lighten things up abit:)

aleks2098

Post by aleks2098 » Tue, 18. Sep 12, 23:33

Ok. Thanks - i remember when i started Albion that some systems were different etc..

about mods and scripts - yes yes, this thing i remember. i played first time in X3 as i remember around 3 or 4 years ago. Unfortunatelly - always, after 6 or 8 months pause we just forgot how all these details worked...

its also hard to understand every next time what was changed and in which way...

i will have to remind myself all these technical details :) I suppose that its high time to start some small adventure :)

ps - Dynamic universe is only thing that confirmed me that X3 is the best game for free time. As normal game authors offered us something that is beautiful in graphic part, but that original space is also "dead" - what is the fun of playing such dead universe...

of course (just private opinion) it would be great if there will be some "uknown" factor like exploration and uknown races in universe... but maybe someday..

ps 2 - i remembe times of such games like "Frontier: Elite II" - i have no idea if anybody remembers them... :)

ps 3 - its time to check all this information you provided above :)

aleks2098

Post by aleks2098 » Fri, 21. Sep 12, 00:54

ps - last question - as i just tried to remind myself how to do it - but i failed...

Can anybody remind my how to "Activate" mods?

As i downloaded Improved Races 2.0 but speaking frankly i dont remember what i should do...

I read this topic

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=96332

and also:

http://cycrow.thexuniverse.us/

And i have absolutely no idea how to "proceed" (??)

Ps - i knew how to do it - i even remember that i installed some mods through plugin installer - but now im completly confused...

should i write "t" and "scripts" folders into "X3 Albion prelude" folder and overwrite files - and then activate "script mode" in game by writing "Thereshallbewings"???

Thanks for advance...

Larxyz
x3tc

Post by Larxyz » Fri, 21. Sep 12, 01:32

hmm shouldnt really need to overrite any files and yea, if your using the rar file then extract to the addon file

in short:

1. plugin variant:
well if you have the plugin installer, installed, then just dubble click on the IR2.0 spk file (first of the download options) and it will want to confirm that its done. then its installed :D

2. rar file:
extract the files (keeping folder structure) to the addon folder in TC.

after that :)
(from IR thread:)
Start a New Game, or Load an Existing Game
Activate The Script Editor [outside of quote: (Typing :Thereshallbewings as character name. Name shouldnt change if you type this correctly)]
Save the Game, then Load the Game.
IMPORTANT: Dont forget to bind the IR Comm System Hotkey, and Configure the plugin (or it wont do anything Razz)
note:
save and load game can be alternated with reactivating the script cache in the script menu :)

Most mods have either a hotkey (found under controls, second tab from the right at the bottom) or can be found in the artifical life menu :)
(think artifical life is under shift+O menu)

/larxyz

aleks2098

Post by aleks2098 » Fri, 21. Sep 12, 01:38

great. i will try to :)

in case of problems i will ask again if you dont mind.. :)
Larxyz wrote:hmm shouldnt really need to overrite any files and yea, if your using the rar file then extract to the addon file

in short:

1. plugin variant:
well if you have the plugin installer, installed, then just dubble click on the IR2.0 spk file (first of the download options) and it will want to confirm that its done. then its installed :D

2. rar file:
extract the files (keeping folder structure) to the addon folder in TC.

after that :)
(from IR thread:)
Start a New Game, or Load an Existing Game
Activate The Script Editor [outside of quote: (Typing :Thereshallbewings as character name. Name shouldnt change if you type this correctly)]
Save the Game, then Load the Game.
IMPORTANT: Dont forget to bind the IR Comm System Hotkey, and Configure the plugin (or it wont do anything Razz)
note:
save and load game can be alternated with reactivating the script cache in the script menu :)

Most mods have either a hotkey (found under controls, second tab from the right at the bottom) or can be found in the artifical life menu :)
(think artifical life is under shift+O menu)

/larxyz

aleks2098

Post by aleks2098 » Fri, 21. Sep 12, 02:15

when i started to try first option (by spk file) only this message appeared:

"there are currently no valid directories to install to"

Do you know from which folder i should open it? Or which directory i should create??

Anyway - if it doesnt work - i should use way number 2?

And just copy "scripts" folder to "scripts" folder in Albion folder, and then do the same with "t" folder? And then launch the game and do as follows with script mode??

Anyway - im asking because first way seems to be better - but it doesnt work...

ps - when i tried to open spk file from plugin manager menu - message "invalid file version, spk file was created using later version" - but i downloaded and installed last plugin version (2.12 )

Thanks once again..

ps 2 - i installed plugin installer from this topic:

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=121351

anyway - its something different then:

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=265915

[ external image ]

{Oversized image to thumbnail - Terre}

Larxyz
x3tc

Post by Larxyz » Fri, 21. Sep 12, 07:45

Hey np go ahead and ask as much as you want, thats what these forums are for :)
btw:
Sorry for slow reply, prob on other side of the globe from you.

The plugin manager your trying to use is for x3 reunion, there is a newer version availible, in a different thread :)

after some looking found, the correct one.
this:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=265915
is the program you want.
this one is a complete rewrite of the old manager, hence the confusion with the lower numbering.

uninstall old one and install that instead and dubble clicking on the ir2 plugin and that should work :D

yea, after that follow the earlier stuff about script editor activation :)

besty

edit:
-removed
edit:
cleaned out all the confusion. my mistake.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”