Question About Turrets

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

seristal

Question About Turrets

Post by seristal » Sun, 16. Sep 12, 05:09

How exactly do they work? I have an Express with a rear turret and I have a gun installed on it but I'm not sure how to work it and stuff... :P

e1team
x3tc

Post by e1team » Sun, 16. Sep 12, 05:27

Well, you can either control it yourself by pressing F1, or you can give it commands by pressing shift+C. You'll see there among other commands, the turret control.
"I feel like that's not the way fantasy space travel works in the real fantasy universe."
[ external image ][ external image ][ external image ]
Freya Nocturne's Sigantures

jrasta
x3tc

Post by jrasta » Sun, 16. Sep 12, 05:33

Remember also that the Fight Command software 1 and 2 give turret command options, such as Missile Defense, Missile Only, etc

Crezeh
x3ap

Post by Crezeh » Sun, 16. Sep 12, 06:23

Turrets enable ships to fire in different directions rather than just forward.

In your ship's command menu, you can configure turrets, telling them what to prioritize shooting at. Once given turret commands, they will fire at enemy targets automatically.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 16. Sep 12, 13:44

Turret commands and options have some differences between the different X games so saying what you are playing always helps on the forum.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

d-one
x4

Post by d-one » Sun, 16. Sep 12, 20:37

Just a heads up, be very careful with turret commands while in sectors that are full of friendly ships. You can easily blow up a small ship behind you without even noticing, and the local authorities tend to get upset about things like that. It's even worse if your turret happens to be shooting a capital ship. Some of them can blow you up faster than you can apologize. You'll also have to watch out for stations during station defense missions, though I think if you accidentally shoot the station you're defending it will turn friendly again after you complete the mission.

Mr.Elendig
x4

Post by Mr.Elendig » Sun, 16. Sep 12, 22:41

As a sidenote: The express is not a combat ship, if anything heavier than a M5 or two are going for you, bravely run away instead. There is no profitsss in dying.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”