Ship Selling Price

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

parkel
xr

Ship Selling Price

Post by parkel » Sun, 16. Sep 12, 15:16

This question has bugged me for a long time.
How is ship selling price calculated?

Like eg:
How would the selling price of a stock mercury compare to a mercury with trade command mk3?

Assume that both mercuries are standard ones, and that they're both at 100% hull with no shields, no weapons, no upgrades, no anything (except for the trade command on the second one.)

Dantrithor
x3tc

Post by Dantrithor » Sun, 16. Sep 12, 16:17

You are paid half the cost of the equipped software, weapons, cargo, ...

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 16. Sep 12, 16:38

.. not quite.

You are paid the full Equipment Dock asking price for softwares and extensions and a good return for tunings.

You are then paid the minimum price for wares (the bottom value of the bracket from min to max). That is often quite a poor percentage deal compared to the average price for wares with a wide sales bracket such as minerals and basics, but then it is not bad at all for those wares with a narrow price bracket yet high price such as high-tech, missiles and weapons.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Sun, 16. Sep 12, 19:08

It amounts to the same Alan said, but as I understand it the calculation is quite simple - you get the cheapest standard selling price for everything. Not sure how that's calculated for tunings as the cheapest price varies depending on how many you have, but for all other equipment (ie software, etc) there is only ever one price.

The price you are offered for the actual hull varies on your race rep, but since that wasn't actually your question, you probably knew that. Not checked myself but supposedly there is a slight increase if the race owning the shipyard is the same as that that produced the ship (ie selling an Argon ships to an Argon shipyard gets you more than selling it to a Split shipyard).

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

parkel
xr

Post by parkel » Sun, 16. Sep 12, 19:34

Hmm... Thought so too.

But if I were to sell a ship at the shipyard with a load of energy cells inside, would I receive the average value of them per unit, or would I receive a reduced amount?

Heard that people use this method of selling the entire ship to offload Nividium.

Da-V-Man
x4

Post by Da-V-Man » Sun, 16. Sep 12, 19:47

I believe it would be the equivalent of selling those energy cells at 12 credits each. People do it with Nividium because there really isn't any better way to sell a large amount of Nividium.
These days I mainly just talk to plants and dogs,
all human contact seems painful, risky, odd,
so I stay acting god in my own X-Universe!

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 17. Sep 12, 17:19

Da-V-Man wrote:People do it with Nividium because there really isn't any better way to sell a large amount of Nividium.
Indeed. The minimum price of Nividium is about 8k per unit and that is still profitss, because you usually get the ware "for free". Sure, you might once in a blue moon sell a Nividium to a Station for more. Thus, it boils down to which is "more": 2 units @ 16k or 1000 units @ 8k.

The hulk of the ship itself (not asked in OP) has value less than what Shipyards sell for. Furthermore, that value is somewhat adjusted by your race reputation. Shipyard repair services (and TL hire fees) follow the same "better for friends" policy.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”