Should I upgrade to Albion Prelude?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ThePrivateer

Should I upgrade to Albion Prelude?

Post by ThePrivateer » Wed, 19. Sep 12, 05:10

Hi everybody, long time Terran Conflict player, and lurker of these forums, just signed up for the forums though!

I'm just wondering, (and I know this is a matter of opinion), is AP worth buying? I mean, it's only about ten bucks (aussie dollars) on Steam, but I was just wondering if it is worth the upgrade.

I just recently registered my Retail TC through steam, and after looking around here, it looks like I should be able to get AP to work with my new steam-version of TC.

I don't think I have ever, ever, ever, completed more than about one mission in the main story line of TC. I just prefer the sandbox element. So is AP more of this (in which case I'll probably love it), or is it more mission based (in which case, I might just wait for Rebirth?)

Thanks in advance! :D

Draekros
xr

Post by Draekros » Wed, 19. Sep 12, 05:27

The Plots in AP are short and pretty much to the point. They are worth completing, if only for the extra assets you gain as reward (a decent M3+, the Player HQ, and access to the HUB, and some additional ships which you can buy anyway - but why pay if you get them for free?). Otherwise it is just a sandbox game with some new sectors, a series of War Sectors (which you don't want your AI ships entering if you are OOS), and many new ships which you can buy or board as you see fit. For complete sandboxiness, you might want to choose a start which isn't "Terran Commander" or "Argon Peacekeeper" to increase your options over how you want the other races/factions to perceive you. If you have $10 to spend, you'll have fun with AP - it also includes numerous fixes for some issues in TC (OOS combat for example) which IMO improves things even more. :pirat:

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 19. Sep 12, 11:20

Go get it.

If you get tired of the war sectors destroying your assets,check out Dilpickles TCplots for AP Mod.
It combines both maps,removes the war markers on the central sectors and gives you the choice of doing the TC plots,paying for them or just having them completed for you free of charge.

It just needs an odd tweak here and there,and then it will be as good,if not better than AP vanilla. :D

I enjoyed the Terran Plot in AP Vanilla more than the CW one. You can't do both in the same game run,so chose which you want to do before you start.
Terran PHQ is bigger and stores more.It has more docking space.

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Wed, 19. Sep 12, 13:54

If you prefer the sandbox, then AP is definitely worth getting, IMO. You get an improved user interface with bigger and more functional maps and other windows, a few more ways to make money fast (outside of plots), rebalanced ships and combat, new ships, and improved AI.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”