Factories Resource / Products yield question

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

dertien
x2

Factories Resource / Products yield question

Post by dertien » Wed, 19. Sep 12, 14:57

Hello there,

I am creating a custom WareTemplate.xml, X3_universe.xml, L0044, WareLists, and the necessary Twares files.

I have found all component necessary to create my own wares and stations, exept for the product/resource spending.

Is there a file that defines the amount of resources used per cycle by a certain factory to produce an amount of a certain good, so I can tinker with that, or is it a mathematical equasion somewhere in a script ?

Thanks for letting me know.

Dertien

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Wed, 19. Sep 12, 15:14

Cycletime, amount of products/cycle, required ressources and price are dependant on the RelVal of the product. That is then multiplied by the factorysize (except price and cycletime)
How much of each ressource is used depends on the RelVal of the ressource.
You could make a factory that produces lasers and only uses E-cells, but that would require horrendous amounts of E-cells as the relval is very low.

Can't give you a formula how it's calculated. The formula is hardocded into the engine and can't be changed.

Don't know if it's possible to create a station that has only E-cells as ressource and E-cells as product - if you could do that you could see how much relval bonus you get out of the production. Because afaik you always get a bonus out of the factory (otherwise you wouldn't make profit if you set everything to avg price).
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

dertien
x2

Post by dertien » Wed, 19. Sep 12, 15:40

:)

Thanks for the quick reply, that sets me underway, as I was not sure wether it had to do with the size of the good itself (XL gets used up less fast than Energy) or that it had to do with price. If rel value gives me control over the cycle, I can work from there and don't really need a formula. It also gives me the freedom of adding more than one primary or secondary resource as a "needed item" by the factory. Cool, I will need that.

Thank you Killjaeden

I have noticed that putting NPC factories in the universe does not "stock them up" on resources and goods, they are empty of goods and resouces, just like player factories besides for the Trading stations and Shipyards. Is there a way to give them a running start without cheating it in with cycrow's plugin or without adding the wares to the factory entries in the waretemplate ?

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Wed, 19. Sep 12, 18:42

RelVal and words like "freedom", "do what I like", etc are really incompatible. You soon will realise that changing a Relval for just ONE resource will mock up your whole economy. While its no big deal to change relval for things are are only sold it will be a nightmare to make things fit in terms of production. "I dont need the formula" is the wrong approach to it too. Having said formula is key to make changes to economy.

Iifrit made a RelVal calculator that should provide useful for such an endeavour.

MFG

Ketraar

dertien
x2

Post by dertien » Wed, 19. Sep 12, 19:39

Did you mean this ?

http://grangegame.co.uk/x3tcocc.html

it will be useful indeed, I am testing things right now and see how far I get with my approach. I tried to change just the names, but it is no easy matter as the economy I am constructing has a lot less items and some factories wouldn't be using the combination of wares that are used in the X3TC economy. What I meant with freedom is that I can add 2 instead of 1 secondary resource should that be necessary, or work with 1-2-3-4 primary resources should I need that. I cannot say anything about balancing it, since I am still on the job. I am not going to change values at random, but compare both economies with each other and try to figure out a pattern that works. The calculator (I had seen it earlier) could really help here, but I first need to get the framework done.

So far so good.

Dertien

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 19. Sep 12, 19:40

Ketraar wrote:Iifrit made a RelVal calculator
Do you have a link for that? A Google search found a couple of discussion threads which have some of the information, but I could not find a calculator from Iifrit.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Wed, 19. Sep 12, 20:15

You can find it at XDownloads

[ external image ]

MFG

Ketraar

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”