Pre-installed jumpdrives not showing up in ship info

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Action_Parsnip

Pre-installed jumpdrives not showing up in ship info

Post by Action_Parsnip » Wed, 19. Sep 12, 18:59

Hey all,

I have an odd problem with very large ships and jumpdrives. They come pre-installed with jump drives, problem is even though 'jump to...' is shown and can be selected that doesn't actually do anything. They only show up as installed when at equipment docks or military outposts, but not on the ship info or freight screens. Cannot be sold or transferred to other ships. Bugger!

Running the latest version of TC on Steam with the latest public release of the Xtended mod. No other mods installed. Game has not been altered in any way. I simply installed the mod and started playing. 100+ hours into it now. Fed up of hiring station transports.

Now I bought one of these Teladi Albatross things to transport stations around, says when ordering that a jumpdrive comes as a pre-installed ship extension/upgrade whatever, and when I got to the equip ship screen after buying at the shipyard it shows that I already have a jumpdrive installed. If I go to an equipment dock it says there too that I have a jumpdrive installed.

I've tried jumping and it doesn't work.

"Command accepted" .... ship moves a small distance then comes to a dead stop and sits there doing nothing.

Now, if I click on the ship through say the property menu and click on info, it does NOT show a jumpdrive as being installed. I tried to do a freight exchange with another ship of mine that does have a jumpdrive, ....can't take that others ship jumpdrive. Hmmmm.

Tried doing a freight exchange with a ship that doesn't have a jumpdrive, to try and get rid of this phantom drive, ....that doesn't work either. Hmmmm.

So I can't buy a jumpdrive as it says at the buying menus I already have one installed. Can't use or eject this phantom drive. I want to take my new Teldai Emeus to Dawn of Eons to ged rid of the Kha'ak M2s that have been occupying it for many many game hours now. That's a 13 sector trip I don't fancy taking without a jumpdrive!

Ok all pls help me out here!

Many thanks,

Parsnip.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 19. Sep 12, 19:21

Welcome, but there are two things:

Big ships in vanilla do not come with jumpdrives pre-installed, so that must be down to your Xtended mod. However where extensions are pre-installed you will find them in the Ship Info screen as installed equipment and not shown as held in the cargobay as they are not freight but always stay installed. You cannot eject them nor transfer them in or out via exchange freight so they do not always appear in the relevant lists.

When you issue an AI jump instruction, the ship waits for the destination gate to become free of other ships. For a big ship that can take a while. If you are flying it personally and have the necessary e-cells, you can force it to start to jump immediately using Shift/J but you risk rear-ending another ship or being rear-ended on arrival.

Having I think answered your questions about an obviously non-vanilla situation this thread can be locked.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”