ripping out the music...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

rafezetter
x3

ripping out the music...

Post by rafezetter » Mon, 24. Sep 12, 03:22

Had a quick search, but didn't see what I'm after so...

I love the music in the x-universe from the different games - so hypnotic, but is there some way to get it off the cd's? Preferably in some sort of usable format.

Alternatively has someone already done this? I have all my originals, so copyright isn't an issue.

Youtube is ok, but I'd rather have all of them easily accessable.

Jay_rod109
x3tc

Post by Jay_rod109 » Mon, 24. Sep 12, 05:17

when I bought my original cd pack it included reunion, terran conflict and the soundtrack. lost it a while ago, and I have been trying to find a replacement of the soundrack. some great thinking music in there.

imperium3
x3tc

Post by imperium3 » Mon, 24. Sep 12, 07:45

They're just mp3s in a folder somewhere in the gamefiles. Can't tell you where since I don't have them installed any more. But they shouldn't be hard to find. :)

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Mon, 24. Sep 12, 08:57

x3 terran conflict\soundtrack would probably be one file. The superbox has a music file also but not sure if its just game stuff or other stuff that wasn't included in games since I don't listen to music in the game.

Aragosnat
x4

Post by Aragosnat » Mon, 24. Sep 12, 18:27

Jay_rod109 wrote:when I bought my original cd pack it included reunion, terran conflict and the soundtrack. lost it a while ago, and I have been trying to find a replacement of the soundrack. some great thinking music in there.
You poor deer. But, I do remember them selling the Sound Track from ITunes I believe. True we can get them for free if we look in the soundtrack section. Problem with that is. The lack of titles and having to guess which one has music on it. While I would love to share off my nice little IPod. I'm just an untrusting solo right now. Would like others to support Egosoft.
Chain Maille Armor
Profitzz
May this spacefly bother you.
[ external image ]
TC: 32+ Squidie (Steam DiD) deaths and counting since around June 18, 2012.

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Mon, 24. Sep 12, 19:04

Just add the game folder to the locations in your music player library. WMP manages to find the tracks and even name most of them.
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Mon, 24. Sep 12, 20:59

@Aragosnat: That's just the soundtrack for AP, not R and TC.

@Jay_rod109: I've still got mine and ripped to my computer as mp3. I'd be willing to PM you a download link provided I can get a moderator ruling on its legality. (I don't think it would be considered piracy to send you a copy privately since you say you previously owned a legal copy, but I'd like to be sure.)
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

rafezetter
x3

Post by rafezetter » Tue, 25. Sep 12, 08:34

Rapier wrote:Just add the game folder to the locations in your music player library. WMP manages to find the tracks and even name most of them.
WMP as in winamp? I also mean from the X-BFT/X-Tension disks too that just have .DAT files...

I think I read somewhere that X3:R might have all the music including the previous versions, is that true?

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 25. Sep 12, 09:00

StarSword wrote:I'd be willing to PM you a download link provided I can get a moderator ruling on its legality. (I don't think it would be considered piracy to send you a copy privately since you say you previously owned a legal copy, but I'd like to be sure.)
It's still illegal to distribute Egosoft's intellectual property without their express permission, so no, you shouldn't do that...sorry.

Raize

Post by Raize » Wed, 26. Sep 12, 12:36

Rapier wrote:Just add the game folder to the locations in your music player library. WMP manages to find the tracks and even name most of them.
This. It's really very easy, they aren't even compressed into large files with strange extensions like with most modern games.
Hens love roosters, geese love ganders,
Everyone else loves Ned Flanders!

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 26. Sep 12, 18:16

rafezetter wrote:
WMP as in winamp? ...
Pretty sure he's referring the Windows Media Player.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Wed, 26. Sep 12, 18:50

I was. Though I suspect Winamp would achieve the same.

As for X-BtF and X-T, the music was given the .dat extension, but they are .mp3 files. You just need to copy them somewhere and rename them.

This also provides some lists of file numbers and track names (the first and seventh results specifically).
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

SayuNowi
x3tc

Post by SayuNowi » Wed, 26. Sep 12, 21:17

Err.. All the x games OST are in the game folder. every single mp3.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”