Mosquito Missile Defence.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

arnak
x3tc

Mosquito Missile Defence.

Post by arnak » Mon, 24. Sep 12, 20:33

Hi,

Has anyone any idea why my Mosquito Missile Defence keeps switching off after a jump?

I select it in the additional command slot then after a jump it is not there any more. :evil:

Of course I only realise that when I get under a missile attack.... :shock:

No mods or scripts installed.

Arnak
Just remember that Murphy was an optimist!!

i7 4ghz, R290 vid card, 16 gig Ram, W7.

cakes
x4

Post by cakes » Mon, 24. Sep 12, 21:13

In short....no idea.

Obvious point first...have you actually got mosquito missiles in the freight bay?

Secondly, don't select it as the equipped missile type in the weapons menu. Then try activating mossie defence.

Is it part of a fleet? If so remove it from the fleet and retest the issue.

Finally, try reverifying your steam caches for TC, then AP, then try reinstalling the latest AP Bonus Pack.

Retest between each stage and see if it's resolved. Other than that, it's an issue I've never seen. Hopefully someone else has.

Let us know how you get on.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 24. Sep 12, 21:51

I checked in vanilla X3AP and found that with Mosquito missiles aboard, the MMD additional command survived jumpgates, manual jumps, UFJD and return, eject to spacesuit and return, and change ship and return. It did not survive the MMD additional command being overwritten by another, or running out of Mosquito missiles and then restocking them though - both of which are in line with what the BP notes say.

"To stop the command, remove it from the Additional Ship Command menu (by selecting the command slot and then ’None’). The command also stops if there are no Mosquito missiles present or when they have all been used."

If the Steam verifies for TC and AP both come out OK then I agree with cakes and strongly suggest that you try reinstalling the X3AP BP.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

arnak
x3tc

MMD Problem.

Post by arnak » Mon, 24. Sep 12, 23:46

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the advice. :D

No, it's not part of a fleet.

Aha, it could be I had not noticed that I had run out of mosquito
missiles. :oops:

I will re-load with more missiles and check a bit further as I didn't realise that it switched of after running out of missiles... :o

Arnak

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 25. Sep 12, 12:18

If I remember correctly, the MMD command gives a little chirpy sound when it activates and deactivates. Something to listen out for to tell you when you are out of missiles.

arnak
x3tc

Mmd

Post by arnak » Tue, 25. Sep 12, 18:59

Hi Alan,

That's right it gives a cheep when it activates.

When it de-activates I don't know because it will be drowned out by the explosions of missiles hitting my ship, followed by the game over
screen. :shock:

Arnak

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 25. Sep 12, 20:22

:lol:

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Mmd

Post by Nanook » Wed, 26. Sep 12, 01:58

arnak wrote:Hi Alan,

That's right it gives a cheep when it activates.

When it de-activates I don't know because it will be drowned out by the explosions of missiles hitting my ship, followed by the game over
screen. :shock:

Arnak
There's a somewhat extended vocal message that indicates when you run out of mossies and the system deactivates. You should notice it unless some other message overrides it. Or unless, as you say, you die. :skull: :fg:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”