Supply for an M2 (and ships that can't dock) (X3AP)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Burnview
xr

Supply for an M2 (and ships that can't dock) (X3AP)

Post by Burnview » Thu, 27. Sep 12, 05:25

So I bought my first M2 just recently and trying to get the necessary lasers and missiles for it and running into the problem where I need to take a smaller freighter and run wares from the station to the destroyer.

My question is- Is there any way I could get this done without the need of having to use a second ship to taxi cargo (btw it's remote trading that is going on)?

Thanks!

Crezeh
x3ap

Post by Crezeh » Thu, 27. Sep 12, 05:42

You can always try and get what you need from an equipment dock.

Otherwise, no. The inability to dock with normal stations is one of the intended disadvantages of a capital ship.

lyndonguitar

Post by lyndonguitar » Thu, 27. Sep 12, 08:07

You need them to use shipyards, if the weapons are in undockable places theres no way.

A good technique is to dock the capital somewhere, get a freighter, buy the materials and dock at the same station to freight exchanges. (you can also exchange freight software upgrades)

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Thu, 27. Sep 12, 17:52

You can use freight drones. You have to run them over to pick them back up again.

Its easier to use the remote best buy option to buy weapons and stuff with a freighter and then use a transporter device to switch cargo between ships. Flying around to buy stuff gets boring after a while which makes best buy software useful.

remote best buy
- buy best buy software (may also need navigation command or some other software ?) from teladi equipment dock or a corporation
- access it through command console/trade/remote best buy
- select a dock that normally sells the commodity you want then click on it. Then select the commodity you want from the list and on the next screen type in maximum number of jumps to search for the item. Then the ship will automatically locate any available wares of that type within the jump range you set.

Its best to have autojump set and a jumpdrive on the collecting ship to make things go faster. Make sure you have enough energy cells on the ship because it may take a few jumps to collect the amount of wares you want.
Last edited by burger1 on Thu, 27. Sep 12, 18:10, edited 2 times in total.

Girlinhat

Post by Girlinhat » Thu, 27. Sep 12, 17:55

The "Supply Software" is actually pretty awesome. If you need a few more PPC, just grab a TS, give it a jump drive and supply software, and tell it "supply this ship with # PPC" and it'll run check local sectors for any on sale and deliver them via transporter device to the target ship.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Thu, 27. Sep 12, 19:00

Commodity Logistics Software 2 is exceptional at this. It will automate the delivery of the weapons and missiles to your capital.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Burnview
xr

Post by Burnview » Thu, 27. Sep 12, 20:46

Thanks a bunch! Had to revert to a save from 3 weeks ago cause I kept getting attacked in Argon Space (I had a massive space Fuel Complex) so all my work for nothing!
But taking everyone's advice that's posted, I've begun the process of getting a new M2 stocked with wares.

Thanks for the help, guys!

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Fri, 28. Sep 12, 17:22

There's another option if you're willing to use a vanilla-safe mod. Install [url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=244904]Advanced Complex Hub[/i] and put together a complex for capital ship equipment. Then dock the M2 at the complex.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”