Local factory chain supply???

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Kevin2202

Local factory chain supply???

Post by Kevin2202 » Sun, 30. Sep 12, 03:06

Hi it's my first time in trading.... erm.. I wanted to start small and built 1 cattle ranch and 1 cahoona bakery right next to each other.. I got 1 cattle ranch TS ship "best buying" energy cells cattle ranch needs. Now I need my second other cattle ranch TS ship to provide Argnu beef from cattle ranch TO cahoona bakery. Do I have to click Manual trade run? What command do I do?
If I do manual trade run, the freight ship will literally SELL the argnu beef to cahoona bakery, no? If it's the only command to supply the other, i don't see a point of why my bakery should spend money to buy argnu beef, from MY OWN OTHER station.

After above has been solved, I will have another question. And that is... The final destination of where my cahoona steaks should be sold to. There's a argon trading station nearby my cahoona bakery. Is it possible to SELL my cahoona steaks to argon trading station? will they buy? do I have to provide low price for them to buy?

Final... Will random NPCs of the X universe come to my bakery to purchase the steak randomly? Higher probability if I lower the price of the bakery's goods?

Also I kind of read through White Gandalf's guide to building a empire of enterprise/factory chains, and following that, I closed my cattle ranch to other races but me, so no one can buy argnu beef from there but only me.

Girlinhat

Post by Girlinhat » Sun, 30. Sep 12, 03:11

Use a complex construction kit to link the two factories, they'll ship resources between each other fluidly.

Traders will buy your goods very frequently, especially if you set the price to 1cr below average (cheaper for the trader). You can also set your own TS to "Sell ware best price..." and it'll run to any station within the designated range and sell it.

Meatsteaks don't sell amazingly well though. It would take ages to see a return on investment, so overnight SETA might help. Otherwise, you'll probably want to save up and put a finished-goods factory up. Intermediate products don't sell terribly well, but end products do.

Kevin2202

Post by Kevin2202 » Sun, 30. Sep 12, 03:14

OH WOW THANKS! I did not know there was any complex construction kits!! Time to go shopping again.

Also what a shame... I only bought cahoona bakery and cattle ranch is because the sector did not have either, and thought the trading station nearby might need them quicker and for lower price. :/

Girlinhat

Post by Girlinhat » Sun, 30. Sep 12, 03:17

It's not a bad thing to sell, it's just not the highest-profit available.

My personal favorite is the firestorm torpedo. Each sells for a solid 85k, though the factory costs 10mil, and if you can get firestorms along with an M6 or larger, then you've got killing power. Firestorms can take down stations due to their large warhead.

You may also consider Farnam's Legend - it's a pirate sector, so Argon won't care if you build a Space Fuel Distillery, but it's close enough to Argon and Boron space that traders will snatch up your stock as quick as you can produce it.

If you build an illegal factory in owned space, an M2 will come by to correct your mistake.

Kevin2202

Post by Kevin2202 » Sun, 30. Sep 12, 04:19

Thanks and also, even if I build space fuel distillery in pirate space, won't pirates attack my factory or my freighters?

Also I heard you can buy a sector in this game... can I build my distillery there? would government M2s come to enforce me? What if I kill the M2 that come to destroy my distillery, would more come?

Girlinhat

Post by Girlinhat » Sun, 30. Sep 12, 04:39

Pirates may attack you, but Farnam's is relatively safe because of the frequent Argon patrols. It's not without risk, but it's a fairly low risk for fairly high payout.

You can't buy a sector, per se, but one quest line does result in you obtaining a system. It doesn't count for much though, you can't charge taxes or prevent entry or anything.

The different races only care about their space. If you're outside Argon space, the Argon military doesn't care what you do, unless you attack them. So no, military patrols will not care at all about your illegal drug ring outside their doorstep.

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Sun, 30. Sep 12, 05:20

Kevin2202 wrote:Also I heard you can buy a sector in this game...
You haven't mentioned which game you are playing.
In X3:Reunion there is a sector that you can purchase via a time limited auction.
In X3:Terran Conflict there is a sector that you can purchase via a plot: 'A New Home'.
There is no player purchasable sector in X3:Albion prelude. :)
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Unknown Sector..... That's what you get for using Bing instead of Google!

Kevin2202

Post by Kevin2202 » Sun, 30. Sep 12, 06:49

Oh yeah sorry about that. X3 TC

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 30. Sep 12, 10:19

Sector resource supply complexes...

I use them to get the local economy running in order to be able to buy certain end products produce in the sector.
Weavers Tempest is a good sector for this,as your Trade ships will have most of the competition eliminated by the Yaki.

Coupaholic
x3tc

Post by Coupaholic » Sun, 30. Sep 12, 11:49

As an alternative to spending bazillions on a new sector, you can always just move into an unknown sector instead.

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Sun, 30. Sep 12, 13:45

If you haven't already install the bonus package. It has cls and cag which will let you automate everything. The bonus package won't modify your game. Install it in x3tc / add on folder to get it in ap. Meatsteak cahoonas and nostrop oil sell ~ok just selling directly from a factory without a trader but not as well as plankton and the simpler food products. I think you can tell the cls ship to sell its cargo hold through some command. Having your freighter work as a part time CAG when needed will get rid of all your products.

http://www.egosoft.com/download/x3ap/bonus_en.php

cls guide and theres videos on youtube
http://roguey.co.uk/x3tc/help/kirlack/cls1.php

Install the bonus pack to get cls software. For cls to transfer argnu beef to cahoona bakery install commodity logistics software 1+2 (?) and navigation command software then dock at any station. Then
select command console / start external commodity logistics .
-waypoints / add station (add your cattle ranch), select load argnu beef, maximum cargo space
-waypoints / add station (add your cahoona bakery), select unload argnu beef, maximum cargo space
-press the x icon in the upper right hand corner to close menu

Then start commodity logistics. You should get the hang of doing everything else like buying/selling stuff from above information. CLS has a few quirks you have to work around/watch out for. Like it doesn't manage cargo space like a player would but it does do what you tell it to do.

For CAG to sell your meatsteaks and/or run your factory install the bonus pack cls software and navigation command software.
-Homebase the trader at the factory to gain access to cag on the autopilot command list. (command console / homebase (select your factory))
-to enter the cag menu select command console / start commercial representation
-ware list add stuff you want to trade or not trade (meatsteak cahoonas) , click on ware list type to cycle through the list options blacklist (no trade) or trade. If you added the meatsteak cahoonas click on ware list type to change it to trade.
-trade duties , set up what you want it to do here like sell meatsteak cahoonas to 0% stock, then number you enter into the box that pops up when you select a setting is %
***some notes. Pilot abilities change with training/experience. To increase trade range look in station settings / trade range. Jump drive settings might interest you after your pilot becomes trained enough to use one.

If you don't want money at your factories select the factory advanced / command console / auto transfer money to player account and enter 0. Then the factory will transfer all its money to you.

You can also set up an advanced satellite system to alert you of enemy ships in your factory sector. Its under gameplay / satellite early warning system. M5 ships with patrol command software will also alert you to enemies. Its under command console / combat / scout for enemies .

You can dock a tm with 20+ fighter drones onboard and release them out of sector. Use command console / broadcast to my ships in the sector... / fighter drones/attack all enemies and they will destroy a group of ships with maybe 1 or 2 losses. After they kill the ships tell them to protect the tm and they will return to its cargo hold. So with an advanced satellite or 2 and a tm with some fighter drones you can protect your factory. This doesn't work that well against larger ships. When a larger ship is detected I usually have to jump in an m8 out of sector and tell it to barrage the capital ship. Barrage is command console / additional ship commands / barrage. Out of sector the m8 gets full range on missiles when using the barrage command and the enemy ship stands no chance.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”