X3TC, how many crystal fabs one needs for the HQ?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Zaijka
x4

X3TC, how many crystal fabs one needs for the HQ?

Post by Zaijka » Mon, 1. Oct 12, 19:57

OK, I am a bit frustrated. I set up 2 mega-complexes, 12 L each. This required 24 L mines + 24 L secondary foods + 24 primary foods + 4 XL solar plants + 4L solar plants. Then I linked 12 L crystal fabs together and 12+12 food fabs together and connected to 12 mines in one sector. This setup almost killed 2 sectors fps-wise and took almost a billion. Yet, the amount of crystals produced by these 24 fabs is too low, as they are partially used to support the huge infrastructure. I do not want to kill any more sectors. What should I do to increase crystal output? Thanks in advance.

PS. I hate this part of the HQ quest :evil:

Girlinhat

Post by Girlinhat » Mon, 1. Oct 12, 20:14

I'd say to just CLS it and leave it running.

And to run Complex Cleaner. When you're handling that many stations, just installing CC will help because it removes the tubes and that alone improves FPS. "Crunching" will further streamline it, as it combines like factories into fewer items, which are each virtually graphics-free (becoming invisible, tiny items) although the "container" can grow quite large.

bufi
x4

Re: X3TC, how many crystal fabs one needs for the HQ?

Post by bufi » Mon, 1. Oct 12, 20:19

Zaijka wrote:[...] What should I do to increase crystal output? Thanks in advance.
Use 4-6 full trained CLS pilots to buy crystals from all Factories and Trading Stations in the Universe.
PS. I hate this part of the HQ quest :evil:
:)

R.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 1. Oct 12, 20:26

CLS (Commodity Logistics Software) is not ideal for buying. Yes, the External CLS (aka Mk2) can buy, but frankly it is usually the Commercial Agent (CAG) that is used to trade flexibly with NPC stations.

:? X3TC HQ quest? Even though I have not been that far yet, I don't think (Crystal Balls are such devious devices) that Crystals are a PHQ topic.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Girlinhat

Post by Girlinhat » Mon, 1. Oct 12, 20:39

I can't remember if they're in the HQ quest, but they're definitely in the HUB quest, which leads directly to HQ. So, sorta the same thing.

Zaijka
x4

Post by Zaijka » Mon, 1. Oct 12, 20:47

Sorry for the free style writing. Of course, I meant the Xenon Hub quest. The hub, actually, already functions as a truncated version of PHQ. Do I need to install additional stuff to my game, CLS, CAG? I currently run the basic Steam version, which, for some reason, already shows as *modified*...

PS. I am sure that it is the evil Steam, which *modifies* everything...

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 1. Oct 12, 21:03

Install the Bonuspack for starters.

Do you use MS antivirus by any chance? That has the tendency to turn that *modified* flag on.

I'm in the process of delivering "a thing or two" to Mahi Ma myself. My way. :twisted:

Take a look at Complex Calculators. With them you can finetune your Complexes. For example, the Mines vary by yield so 1:1 is not always necessary.

You should see a thousand stations in one sector. "Almost killed" starts to get close there. ;)

Zaijka
x4

Post by Zaijka » Mon, 1. Oct 12, 21:33

It is off topic, of course, but I think that 50 stations per sector is much more than enough. 1000 stations is not fun and points to an ill-balanced game. Tbh, EGOSOFT was always about balancing, yet with the X3TC something happened and they went totally rogue. Like all military ships of all races use pirate IBLs and flamethrowers. Even I use PPCs on my Phoenix. Why would military (!) use exclusively pirate weapons? Since when pirates became the major military weapon suppliers of the universe? Then, as the result, the overwhelming amount of underpowered ships. Almost everything Boron is not worth flying. Almost all M5s, M4s and any M3s, which cannot mount a flamethrower are not worth flying at all. Why did we need those pirate weapons if they totally whacked the balance of the entire game. Then these quests, where you need to collect hundreds of thousands of everything, where even sectors with 50 stations per sector do not help. I don't know...

Girlinhat

Post by Girlinhat » Mon, 1. Oct 12, 22:02

The pirate weapons have a small technical improvement over PPC. This makes them, mathematically, "more favored" and they get outfitted more often. I don't know what the specific difference is, and I'm not saying it's a good thing, but that's why. Sorta like how Skyrim encourages a dedicated mage to wear unenchanted armor. It doesn't make player sense, but it makes pure-math sense.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 1. Oct 12, 22:25

Zaijka wrote:1000 stations is not fun and points to an ill-balanced game.
Where-ever it may point, I did it for fun only. In X3R though. For the X3TC Xenon Hub I have built exactly 0 Stations so far. Game stats claim 1 build, but that was for the Goners.

One CLS2 Disco to train pilots. About ten CAG freighters serving the Hub, buying only. Three of them are Chokaro, buying now only Microchips. One Caiman Hauler is a Salesman, selling Food and ECells to Chip Plants (and to nobody else). Latest freighter is a real trader, but limited to ECells. I could restrict it to Silicon Mines, for Wafer production is the current issue, but there is a limit to my micromanagement.

Lelouch
x3tc

Post by Lelouch » Mon, 1. Oct 12, 22:43

Zaijka wrote:Then these quests, where you need to collect hundreds of thousands of everything, where even sectors with 50 stations per sector do not help. I don't know...
How high is your trade rank? Just curious, because even the hub is kinda balanced. Okay, just judging in comparison to the other quests it's way off the scale time- and moneywise. There's no doubt about it. But compared to X-treme, Pangalactic tycoon or just Tycoon it's way off the scale too ... on the low end. The game simply is that big.

What's debatable is having that big-ness stuffed down your throat in order to gain access to the HQ. Well that is kinda sadistic...

Zaijka
x4

Post by Zaijka » Mon, 1. Oct 12, 22:44

jlehtone wrote:
Zaijka wrote:1000 stations is not fun and points to an ill-balanced game.
Where-ever it may point, I did it for fun only. In X3R though. For the X3TC Xenon Hub I have built exactly 0 Stations so far. Game stats claim 1 build, but that was for the Goners.

One CLS2 Disco to train pilots. About ten CAG freighters serving the Hub, buying only. Three of them are Chokaro, buying now only Microchips. One Caiman Hauler is a Salesman, selling Food and ECells to Chip Plants (and to nobody else). Latest freighter is a real trader, but limited to ECells. I could restrict it to Silicon Mines, for Wafer production is the current issue, but there is a limit to my micromanagement.
Oh, your experience can be very helpful. Do you know, by chance, if in X3TC they put a cut-off distance to how far a station in the complex can be from the actual hub. I couldn't build 7 stations in a row like
HUB-1-1-1-1-1-1..

The station #7 was not possible to connect to the complex, meaning that the complex must be built within a certain radius around the hub.

Lelouch
x3tc

Post by Lelouch » Mon, 1. Oct 12, 22:50

Zaijka wrote:The station #7 was not possible to connect to the complex, meaning that the complex must be built within a certain radius around the hub.
20km distance to the hub. But nobody's keeping you from building intermediatery complex hubs and connecting them to your main hub later on. I think X3:R also had a limit on tube connections for each factory, but TC put away with such nonsense.

Zaijka
x4

Post by Zaijka » Mon, 1. Oct 12, 22:53

Lelouch wrote:
Zaijka wrote:Then these quests, where you need to collect hundreds of thousands of everything, where even sectors with 50 stations per sector do not help. I don't know...
How high is your trade rank? Just curious, because even the hub is kinda balanced. Okay, just judging in comparison to the other quests it's way off the scale time- and moneywise. There's no doubt about it. But compared to X-treme, Pangalactic tycoon or just Tycoon it's way off the scale too ... on the low end. The game simply is that big.

What's debatable is having that big-ness stuffed down your throat in order to gain access to the HQ. Well that is kinda sadistic...

My trade rank is Master Industrialist. But can you explain what difference does it make? I don't have problems with money, but with the production rate and the amount of factories, which simply pollute sectors and will be useless afterwards. Does the production rate depend on the trade rank?

PS. Actually, I can disagree here about the bigness. I finished the terran campaign, the khaak, the goner and couple of the corporation campaigns. I've got 100% standing with all the races and can buy everything. The Hub is really the only serious thing that is left, so I am doing it. There is nothing else by the plot. The game is not really big.
Last edited by Zaijka on Mon, 1. Oct 12, 23:11, edited 1 time in total.

Zaijka
x4

Post by Zaijka » Mon, 1. Oct 12, 22:59

Lelouch wrote:
Zaijka wrote:The station #7 was not possible to connect to the complex, meaning that the complex must be built within a certain radius around the hub.
20km distance to the hub. But nobody's keeping you from building intermediatery complex hubs and connecting them to your main hub later on. I think X3:R also had a limit on tube connections for each factory, but TC put away with such nonsense.
So, just to be sure, if I build two 20 km linear hubs in a row and the distance between them is more than 20km I will be able to connect them?

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 1. Oct 12, 23:13

The Complex Hubs have to be within 20km from "neighbour" Hubs. Like here.

@Lelouch: Connection limit per Station was only in the very early versions of X3R; maybe up to 1.3.

Zaijka
x4

Post by Zaijka » Mon, 1. Oct 12, 23:33

jlehtone wrote:The Complex Hubs have to be within 20km from "neighbour" Hubs. Like here.

@Lelouch: Connection limit per Station was only in the very early versions of X3R; maybe up to 1.3.
OK, thanks. I think, I understand the concept.

Lelouch
x3tc

Post by Lelouch » Tue, 2. Oct 12, 02:23

Zaijka wrote:My trade rank is Master Industrialist. But can you explain what difference does it make?
It's just about rank progression later on. It takes ages (or a really huge trading empire).

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”