AP Hub Plot Fails to Progress

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Manks
x3tc

AP Hub Plot Fails to Progress

Post by Manks » Tue, 2. Oct 12, 03:26

Howdy all,

I'm at the point in the hub plot where I'm supposed to patrol Queen's Harbor and Queen's Retribution (Clearing the Way). Having done that without incident, I flew into the hub, picked up a few free floating microchips, and then decided to dock. But nothing happened.

My mission guidance says "Fly to: Gate Hub", the hub itself is outlined, Muli Nilo is sitting on the station, but nothing I do seems to get the plot to advance. I've tried undocking/redocking, sitting there and twiddling my thumbs, coming back later, coming back in a different ship...

I should also mention that I'm friendly with pretty much everyone, so the patrols were pretty brief. After my first attempt, I noticed some Terran satellites floating around which I head-butted, but still no change. I've even gone so far as to setup some M5s to scout the two systems looking for any Terrans, but they seem to be clear.

Finally, this is in vanilla + expansion pack. Verified my game-cache with Steam and it found a 1.3 KB file borked. Replacing that didn't change anything.

Thanks in advance,

M

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 2. Oct 12, 11:11

So you patrolled QH-Hub-QR clearing all targets in all 3 sectors, had the patrol finish message and then were told to return to the Hub. Weren't you supposed to have something on board when you docked? Have you checked the Pilot's log for incoming messages?

I am going to move this to the Universe forum where more X3AP players will see it and give advice.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Crezeh
x3ap

Post by Crezeh » Tue, 2. Oct 12, 16:40

Do you have at least 75 units of cargo space?

The next step of the mission is transporting garbage from the Hub to the Atreus Headquarters. If you don't have enough space, then I imagine the quest would simply stop until you clear space, like you're describing.

Manks
x3tc

Post by Manks » Tue, 2. Oct 12, 19:01

Thanks for the move, wasn't sure if I should post here as my computer isn't exploding, but if I've done everything "right" it could be a "bug".

I believe it was patrol QH and then QR and the Hub only became active at that point, or possibly it was active before and I simply jumped across. I don't think that the mission director told me to go to the Hub until after I had patrolled those two sectors, so I never bothered. First time I visited the Hub sector was after the patrols (and I was dutifully impressed, this being my first time ever).

And yup, I've got the free cargo space. Checked that. Also checked to make sure that nothing appeared in there without me noticing. I'd assume the mission director sends me to Atreus HQ once I've got the garbage on board? Was I supposed to bring something to the Hub in the first place? When I get a chance I'll make sure to pilot that ship to Atreus and see what happens, and I'll also have to dig through my logs and see if there's anything I missed.

Thanks for the suggestions folks. Looking forward to unleashing hordes of Xenons on the unsuspecting.

Manks
x3tc

Post by Manks » Wed, 3. Oct 12, 03:02

Alrighty, dug through my message log and tried docking at Atreus (no joy). In the log:

Got one detailing the op, mentioning the satellites and some pirates.

Another saying that the hub is connecting.

And a final one say, "Behold the Gate Hub", and mentions doing further work. It also has an "OK" button on it.

Thing is, I don't remember ever having actually gotten this message, and I clearly can't go back and click OK now. I assume that I must have gotten it at the time, and mashed return so fast that I missed it, but at the very least it doesn't look like I could have canceled my way out of it. Regardless nothing happens when I dock at the Hub or at Atreus and my mission guidance still only says go to the hub.

I'm at a loss on what to do. Any other suggestions, or is there a way to restart this thing?

Thanks again!

Draekros
xr

Post by Draekros » Wed, 3. Oct 12, 04:17

There are some "pauses" in the HUB plot where you have to wait (usually) a short time for it to progress. I assume you've tried to talk to that Muli Nilo dude once docked?

Manks
x3tc

Post by Manks » Wed, 3. Oct 12, 05:38

Yeah, tried him from space and at the station but nothing beyond the usual options. Same with the guy down in Atreus whose name is attached to the mission I'm apparently stuck at.

Manks
x3tc

Post by Manks » Wed, 10. Oct 12, 20:29

I restarted with a new game and figured out what went wrong. Somehow, I managed to dismiss the message with OK in it that you get when you are first approach the hub. I don't know how, since there's no other option, but hitting OK is what causes me to be able to dock and pick up the trash.

If anyone else ever gets stuck similarly, the workaround is to reload to a point right before you approach the hub.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”