[TC] Searching for a Boarding pod factories mod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

NBCDumb
x4

[TC] Searching for a Boarding pod factories mod

Post by NBCDumb » Tue, 2. Oct 12, 17:04

Hi,

I'm searching for awhile a mod that would add buyable boarding pod factory.
I'm doing a lot of boarding, and buy the boarding pods I need is such an harassing task. I don't want to put ships on each military outpost with a buy loop. I don't want to use any trading AI ship to buy them (I use none).

I quite buy nothing except stations and non craftable equipments (softwares, optimisations, jump device...). I already make all my missiles by myself, so why couldn't us make our own boarding pods ?
Is it a lack, or is it done on purpose ? If yes, which one ? (really curious about it)

I'm looking for a mod allowing me to me as autonomous as I want te be : make my own boarding pods (and optionally being able to create my own devices : jump, transport... and softwares would be awesome too), but I sure doesn't want to feel like cheating (so I would rather avoir big mods introducing loads of stuff).

Does any one know a mod that could fit my needs compatible with TC 3.2a ?

If not, how hard would it be to mod it by myself (I don't really care about graphism, so I don't need this new factory to have it's own design) ? I mean, would 3 days for reading topics and documentations be enough or is it much harder ? (I'm software developer)
Links to documentations resources I would need are welcome too.

Sorry about my english not being as fluent as I'd like.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Tue, 2. Oct 12, 17:35

The Marauder shipyard sell a boarding pod factory among other things. I don't know if it'll work with TC 3.2 though.

Also, Cycrow's Equipment research and development scipt will allow you to research at least some of the upgrades and stuff, and as far as I know it'll work with v3.2.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

NBCDumb
x4

Post by NBCDumb » Tue, 2. Oct 12, 18:11

Thanks a lot for Cycrow's ERDS mod link, I didn't know it.

About the Marauder, I knew this mod and I don't like the idea of these factories being special and sold in only one place, and moreover I do not like my fleet of pirates M1/M2 hardly earned (traded in exchange of Hammer torpedo and boarding pods :-)) being now also buyable, but if no other option...

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”