X3 Albion Prelude - where to "hire" Terran Marines?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

aleks2098

X3 Albion Prelude - where to "hire" Terran Marines?

Post by aleks2098 » Wed, 3. Oct 12, 01:30

Im playing as Terran - so i can hire only Terran marines as i realized - where could i hire them? In which sectors??

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Wed, 3. Oct 12, 01:34

You don't hire marines, you buy them. As for Terran marines, they can't be bought. :)
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Unknown Sector..... That's what you get for using Bing instead of Google!

aleks2098

Post by aleks2098 » Wed, 3. Oct 12, 01:35

i dont understand - so can i use other races as marines? or in such case i cannot capture other ships????

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Wed, 3. Oct 12, 01:39

The Terrans or Boron don't sell or train marines, but all the other Commonwealth races do. So yes, you will have to buy your marines from the Commonwealth I'm afraid. :)
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Unknown Sector..... That's what you get for using Bing instead of Google!

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Wed, 3. Oct 12, 01:57

Yes you can use any race's marines. Just visit Military Outposts and buy them (if you have standings to buy). Boron and Terran Military Outposts do not have them for sale, but everyone else does.

You can also use any race's ships. You just need high standings so they let you buy them (or you need to capture them).

Progress-M
x3tc

Post by Progress-M » Wed, 3. Oct 12, 01:59

A bit illogical actually, isn't it? Hadn't thought about that before.

You'll need to have positive enough relationships with some of the CW or pirates to buy & train your troops if you want to cap ships, I guess.

If you do choose to befriend pirates to train troops, be mindful of the fact that pirate stations/rehab facilities get destroyed a bit more frequently than major race training facilities.

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Wed, 3. Oct 12, 03:08

Terran Marines do not exist in Vanilla AP. You will have to to mod your game if you want them.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 3. Oct 12, 05:57

As hinted above,there are some Pirate stations where you can buy marines and one or two where the Pirates will train the marines.

In TC there was a Spltt EQ Dock , iirc., where you could train Marines.
Don't know if it's still in AP.

mrscribbler
x3tc

Post by mrscribbler » Wed, 3. Oct 12, 11:14

In AP you can train marines in any (equipment) dock as well as pirate stations and military bases (including Boron ones, I believe). I'm not sure if you can do so on Terran military bases, but you should.

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Wed, 3. Oct 12, 15:57

You cant train at Terran Military bases in vanilla.

Aragosnat
x4

Post by Aragosnat » Fri, 5. Oct 12, 21:47

Pirate Stations and Rehab Centers Sells Sqiudie marines. But, yeah. Tis a bit sad we cannot have all Terran Marines like we can have for the Squidies.
Chain Maille Armor
Profitzz
May this spacefly bother you.
[ external image ]
TC: 32+ Squidie (Steam DiD) deaths and counting since around June 18, 2012.

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Sun, 7. Oct 12, 07:19

Here's a good workaround (works in TC, don't know about AP). Get a marine, then transfer him to the Hub's inventory. The Hub will then generate marines on its own. They'll be of random races, but if you're roleplaying as Terran, just pretend they're defectors or folks who moved to Sol after Reunion.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Mon, 8. Oct 12, 02:21

In TC you get exactly 10 Terran marines as the result (note: NOT reward) of a plot. What you do with them afterwards is your own business.

All other marines are C/W races. Boron race marines can only be bought/hired from pirate installations
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”