Question about X3 music!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

DrMadolite

Question about X3 music!

Post by DrMadolite » Fri, 5. Oct 12, 00:26

Hello, I'm posting in this forum because I couldn't post a message in the technical forum, since "only users with special access can post".

I just wanna know what the heck is going on with my game. I'm playing Terran Conflict on Steam, and Argon Prime is completely changed from X3 Reunion. Half of the buildings are gone, so it's almost impossible to find any place to trade in the game without searching forever. And there's no music in the sector. One of the main reasons I got X3 Terran Conflict was because I wanted to re-experience those moments in X3 Reunion and listen to those classical scores by Alexei that won the hearts of so many X3 fans. But the music in Argon Prime (and also Kingdom End) is gone.

What's happening? I tried fixing this with the steam syncing and other things, but nothing seems to be working. I also have no problem hearing the music in the other systems. It seems like the music has been deliberately removed by the devs. But why would they ever remove stuff like that for a game that is supposed to have MORE content and not LESS.

Anyone? Thanks in advance, although it seems like I'm forced to just getting X3 Reunion and play that, because the current game seriously messes with how I like to play the game (trading).

jlehtone
x4

Re: Question about X3 music!

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 5. Oct 12, 00:36

There is some error in your installation, for the music has not been removed.
DrMadolite wrote:... I couldn't post a message in the technical forum, since "only users with special access can post".
Nothing "special". Register your game (FAQ). Then you can post.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 5. Oct 12, 01:53

Even if you cannot yet post in the Technical Support forum, the stickies in that forum have a lot of good information; including solutions to several common sound issues.

DrMadolite

Post by DrMadolite » Fri, 5. Oct 12, 03:29

DrBullwinkle wrote:Even if you cannot yet post in the Technical Support forum, the stickies in that forum have a lot of good information; including solutions to several common sound issues.
I guess my sound issue isn't that common then. I got Win7/wmp12, updated sound drivers and I've verified the integrity of the X3 game cache. What else is there to do?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 5. Oct 12, 18:27

DrMadolite wrote:....What else is there to do?
Register your game and then provide the required information in the Tech Support forum. Then we can help you. :wink:

I'm locking this topic for now. If you want further help, please register and then, if you wish, a moderator can unlock this thread and move it to tech support. Or you can start a new thread there.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”