x3tc . need help with tl working for my hub

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

gstyler34
x4

x3tc . need help with tl working for my hub

Post by gstyler34 » Sat, 6. Oct 12, 01:23

Hi, this is my first post ( just registered) so im sorry if this is the wrong section of the site, and im sorry for this crappy name :lol: figured no one would have taken it ... so pls call me Dan :-) . my problem is the following:

i have a ore mine, a silicon mine and a hub with a crystal fab,cahoona bakery (x2) ,cattle ranch (x2),solar powerplant L and a lasertower factory (for now just for personal use).

i use 4 tl , 1 each for the silicon and ore mine an and 2 for the hub. all set to the appropriat homebase, i set them all to manual trade run because when i tried buy for best price , the two mining tl started going for other sectors , although i have all prices set to the lowest and my solar fac. makes enough Ecells for everything i have built so far. problem with manual trade is, that they stop trading once the hub is filled with ore etc. and it is quite annoying to restart manual trading all the time, while i hunt some m6 etc.

thanks in advance.

Dan

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Welcome!

Post by Bill Huntington » Sat, 6. Oct 12, 01:43

Welcome to TC, Dan!! It sounds like you mean TS, or freighter.

Manual trade means that you do each trade run yourself. The
TS stops after each assigned mission.

You are doing well to have a hub for your personal use. But a lot of us get more out of our first hub. We put a nice little hub into the Unknown between New Income and Montelaar, and put a Spacefuel or Spaceweed Complex, selling to all and make a lot of $, in addition to having our own little personal base. All the things you have in yours you can get easily outside.

To get more out of your TS, you can put Trade 3 software on it and make it an independant trader. Trade 1 and 2 gives you trading choices under your own control.

You can get Commodity software and create traders that work from your own complex.

When you have questions, come on back and ask here. It's a complex game, and we all started where you are, so we know how confusing it can be.

Welcome, Dan!
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

donpera

Post by donpera » Sat, 6. Oct 12, 01:45

When adjusting station parameters there is a "number of jumps" option (i think it's just above available credits). Set it to 0 that means the trader working for that station won't leave that sector.

Also you need to put credits in those stations even if you control both ends.

gstyler34
x4

Post by gstyler34 » Sat, 6. Oct 12, 02:25

thanks for the quick replies and the welcome
yeah i have my hub set up in that unknown sector. and my intention for this first hub,was to make my own Ecells , my main intention is to make space fuel/weed fac. next, this way they will have the Ecells they need in the same sector ;)

and i already have trading software mk3 on all of my freightors (sorry for the tl missunderstanding :-) )

Thanks for the tip with the sector jump setting, working fine so far

Dan :D

Edit: can i acually rename the sector?

cheers.

Dan

kgkosio
x4

Post by kgkosio » Sat, 6. Oct 12, 03:01

I have not heard of a way to rename sectors.

Do not put trading software MK 3 on all of your traders. Just the ones you want to act independently. It is too expensive.

A better choice is the Commodity Logistics Software 1 and 2. Setting the TS up as a Commercial Representitive(sp) will allow the ship to collect all of the wares the station needs with a single ship, and after it levels a few times, the ship will also sell wares for the best price.

Look in the stickies at the top of the forum for a guide on how to use the software.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 8c7f67a9c5
Fan of the save game manager by badger
Best Steam DiD death: Fly into a TL repeatatly while repairing it

gstyler34
x4

Post by gstyler34 » Sat, 6. Oct 12, 03:10

Thanks for the information sir :-)

good to know that there is an not so expensive alternotov to trading software mk3 :lol:

gstyler34
x4

Post by gstyler34 » Sat, 6. Oct 12, 03:59

ok, so i got my secon complex (spaceweed and spacefuwl) up and running.
i have it set so other races can buy it , but so far none did... is it because i have max jump range swt to 0? or does it just take long till it starts selling?

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Post by Bill Huntington » Sat, 6. Oct 12, 08:22

Don't worry about that one. They will find you. Besides the $, this will help improve your standing with the pirates, since there is a very small rep boost with every transaction.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

gstyler34
x4

Post by gstyler34 » Sat, 6. Oct 12, 11:28

cool, good to know :D thanl you fpr the information
Btw. do i loose rep with pirates when killing them outside of
there sectors?

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Sat, 6. Oct 12, 12:09

AFAIK Yes, that goes for all races. I think you lose more rep in race sectors because there are more witnesses.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”