Mouse Follow does not fire

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Squigee
x3tc

Mouse Follow does not fire

Post by Squigee » Sun, 7. Oct 12, 17:08

I've been playing around to configure the controls for mouse play (last time I played I had a joystick). I wanted something more like freelancer so I chose the "Mouse follow" mode.

My problem is that I'm trying to use the left mouse button as my weapon trigger and my right mouse button for missiles. I can't test missiles since you don't own any at the start but my weapons are not firing up. They do using the default right mousse button on "classic" mode or "Joystick" mode but not in mousse follow.

I tried but the Boresight and Cursor fire and none works.
Am I missing something?

Thanks

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 7. Oct 12, 17:47

Have you properly set up the controls (esp fire button and missiles) in Options/Controls/Game/Weapons the way you want them to act? If you already have, then you might have a duplicate control action clash on left button that means that you never get to the fire bit because the click does something else first. Also note this FAQ.

Players usually use the same buttons for actions whether they have selected classic or mouse follow mode while in-game.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”