[X3:AP] Space fuel complex inside hub

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

skeelime

[X3:AP] Space fuel complex inside hub

Post by skeelime » Wed, 10. Oct 12, 22:11

Hello Guys,

I just noticed that I can build stations inside my hub. I was going to build a space fuel distillery and link it to argon sectors that buy it. Anyone have any success with this?

I notice argon military ships sometimes pass through my hub but they shouldn't attack since it is considered an "unknown sector" correct?

Thanks

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Wed, 10. Oct 12, 23:30

Yep, both Weed and Fuel, and no legal problems. And you can pick your customers :)

Progress-M
x3tc

Post by Progress-M » Thu, 11. Oct 12, 00:29

I hear licensed Argon space fuel lobby groups are trying hard to change the laws regarding this to allow the Argon fleet destroy distilleries in unknown space. For the time being you are okay, though.

skeelime

Post by skeelime » Thu, 11. Oct 12, 00:44

Thanks Guys, I am going to put my illegal complexes in the hub and fill it up with laser towers along with my fleet etc. keep myself OOS to avoid collisions.

Progress-M
x3tc

Post by Progress-M » Thu, 11. Oct 12, 01:06

I was only joking/rp'ing about the Argon - they won't actually come. :-)

Standard security is good to have of course.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 11. Oct 12, 01:21

Progress-M wrote:....
Standard security is good to have of course.
Unless that security also shoots pirates, who are probably your best customers for illegal goods. You have to be very, very careful when dealing with pirates if you want to keep them as customers.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Progress-M
x3tc

Post by Progress-M » Thu, 11. Oct 12, 02:11

True, that...you get the odd red (non-aggressive but red) pirate even when you're good friends with them. I guess the laser towers would see these guys as aggressors and destroy the rep.

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Thu, 11. Oct 12, 03:17

I honestly find the best way to trade with the pirates is to use CAGs to sell directly to the bases, and not trust the pirate ships any further than I can throw them. Which, you try to bench-press a Blastclaw sometime and see well how you do. :lol:

I trade with the pirates, but I don't trust them. Any pirate that so much as looks at one of my freighters or factories cross-eyed has a visit paid by a frigate shortly thereafter.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

Progress-M
x3tc

Post by Progress-M » Thu, 11. Oct 12, 04:15

Works until there's too many pirate deaths in a short space of time and suddenly they start swatting your CAGs...

That said, if I remember correctly CAGs/CLS's are good at maintaining/improving your relations with any race in the background, as each trade run bumps the rank up a tad. They might be able to passively absorb the odd rep loss caused by a rogue pirate getting smashed.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 11. Oct 12, 19:11

Progress-M wrote:Works until there's too many pirate deaths in a short space of time and suddenly they start swatting your CAGs...
The other problem is if they try to sell to a non-pirate station in race-controlled space. The local cops may scan them and force them to drop their cargo.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Thu, 11. Oct 12, 20:12

Nanook wrote: Unless that security also shoots pirates, who are probably your best customers for illegal goods. You have to be very, very careful when dealing with pirates if you want to keep them as customers.
Do you actually get any pirates as customers? I was only getting couriers and other race traders. Some of them might be cloaked pirates, but they seem to dock just fine even if your pirate reputation is rock bottom.

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Thu, 11. Oct 12, 23:46

Progress-M wrote:Works until there's too many pirate deaths in a short space of time and suddenly they start swatting your CAGs...
Which I counter by using only fully equipped, well defended ships like Baldrics, Super Freighters, and the occasional TM or M6 to move the drugs. "Light" M6, especially the Osprey, Hydra, and Springblossom, make great Q-ships.
Nanook wrote:The other problem is if they try to sell to a non-pirate station in race-controlled space. The local cops may scan them and force them to drop their cargo.
Which I have never had happen to me. Or if I have, the game didn't tell me, and the freighter returned to base and got another load. If the ship can use its jumpdrive, it's a delay, nothing more.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”