X3: TC Docking at Earth Torus

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

SirDeity
x3tc

X3: TC Docking at Earth Torus

Post by SirDeity » Thu, 11. Oct 12, 06:17

I tried about half a dozen times to dock at Earth Torus with my Osaka Terran Heavy Destroyer, but every single time Earth Torus accuses me of deviating off the path and destroys me. What gives?? I tried both autopilot and manual pilot multiple times. Nothing I do seems to let me dock at Earth Torus. I want to land there to install jump drives on my newly purchased Osaka destroyers so I won't have to spend 2 days waiting for them to fly half way across the galaxy to the next nearest jumpdrive distributor.

Also, I tried creating this thread in the technical support forum, but it said I don't have user permissions to perform that action. I've been a member of these forums for years, and I have purchased every single X game. Why aren't I allowed to create threads in the technical forums?

Thanks,
SirDeity

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Thu, 11. Oct 12, 06:19

Dock the osaka while you are in another ship out of sector. I docked with a docking computer but got blown up when I undocked in x3ap (playing x3tc missions for x3ap mod).

El_Coronel
x3tc

Post by El_Coronel » Thu, 11. Oct 12, 11:48

You could have some smaller ships dock and purchase your jumpdrives, then transfer them over to the destroyers if all else fails?

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Re: X3: TC Docking at Earth Torus

Post by Geek » Thu, 11. Oct 12, 15:45

SirDeity wrote: Also, I tried creating this thread in the technical support forum, but it said I don't have user permissions to perform that action. I've been a member of these forums for years, and I have purchased every single X game. Why aren't I allowed to create threads in the technical forums?
You need to register your X3TC game to post in the X3TC technical forum.
Right on commander !

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Thu, 11. Oct 12, 22:40

That sounds like a technical issue. I've had no problems docking capital ships at the Torus IS. (Granted, I was using a Panther, not a destroyer.)

If you've got a Steam copy, try having Steam check your install.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Fri, 12. Oct 12, 01:03

Most likely bits of the Osaka are projecting outside the narrow 'safe corridor'. As others have said, transfer to another (smaller) ship OOS & dock the Osaka remotely. Trying to use autopilot with Terran stations is a sure way to death (by boredom elsewhere; by gunfire at the Torus)
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Fri, 12. Oct 12, 01:20

There are two easier ways to do it. The Vanilla way, and the modified way.

The vanilla way involves loading up an Elephant with a wing of fighters mounting jump drives, and filling the Elephant with energy, then flying it to the moon, or some meeting point in the middle. Transfer energy and jump drive and jump out the destroyers. Repeat as necessary. With fast fighters and a couple of supporting freighters you can leave the elephant there and only send the fighters out for more jump drives and let the freighters keep it fueled from the local SPP's.

The modified way is to use Lucike's Jump Beacons, and a fast ship to deploy one near the shipyards and have the previously mentioned Elephant jump there to transfer jump drives and fuel.

Either way will keep you safely out of the Torus and it's firing zone.

Another vanilla method is to buy a Sabre, and send IT to the torus, then dock it with the shipyard and transfer the jump drive that way.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Fri, 12. Oct 12, 09:18

If you are going modified,the easiest way is OOS using Cycrow's Cheat Package
Just tell your ship to "Dock at Station..." select sector and station.
Not tested undocking larger ships but procedure is...

select ship from the station the vanilla way.
Tell it to idle.It will then undock.
Quickly select it via the cheat script and tell it to "Dock at Station..."
or tell it to "warp to sector... "

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”