Making peace with the Paranid

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

sjones25
x3tc

Making peace with the Paranid

Post by sjones25 » Thu, 11. Oct 12, 08:36

I like killing three-eyes.

At the moment, though, I'm trying to complete the Hub plot and would rather not have a war going on at the same time, so I decided to make peace.

The problem is, I've stolen scores of their ships, I've probably raided every single one of their sectors, I've destroyed stations, killed Paranids wherever I've found them, and all around just been a total jerk to the entire race. They're preachers probably use my name synonymously with the devil's.

So I figured it would be no big deal, just do a couple missions and get on their good side... yeah, that didn't work out. I got up to Emperor's Protectorate, and most of their ships and almost all of their stations still show up as red. Many of them pick fights with my fleet and get themselves killed. A whole Paranid fleet just committed suicide against one of my gate blockade forces and sent me back down to Unholy Nomad!

Is this even possible? As far as I can tell, I'd have to hack 90% of their stations and apologize to hundreds of paranids spread throughout the universe. Is there some other way to realistically get this done?

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Paranid

Post by Bill Huntington » Thu, 11. Oct 12, 08:59

sjones25, I would guess that you went all the way to the bottom of Paranid race rank, Enemy of Priest Xaar. I wondered what would happen with that. I usually just cap a whole lot of Paranid ships, and just go down to Enemy of Priest Duke. No matter how many you cap, it doesn't go lower. Coming back isn't that hard. There are the missions, and there are quite a few. It not that bad if you have an Elephant, and do a lot of build missions.

Even at Enemy of Priest Duke, their fleets do not attack you all out. So you must have been a very bad boy.

I do have to go to each sector personally to get it cleared. It's not that hard. And going to a new sector has its rewards in terms of excellent missions. When a sector is opened for the first time, many stations have goods in them, and you can get a lot if you are fast.

So it seem like you already know what you have to do. Go to each sector and apologize. And be ready to exploit each one, with freighters standing by.

I'm glad you did it, so I don't have to. Good luck, sjones25 !!
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

Progress-M
x3tc

Post by Progress-M » Thu, 11. Oct 12, 09:32

Also, let us know how it all turned out, haha. Sounds like a bit of a mission! :D

Martin Head
xr

Post by Martin Head » Thu, 11. Oct 12, 12:20

This may be a silly question..

But you have set Paranid as friends, and sent this to all your other ships.

(Can't remember which menu off hand, I think Shift -C)

sjones25
x3tc

Post by sjones25 » Thu, 11. Oct 12, 19:42

Martin Head wrote:This may be a silly question..

But you have set Paranid as friends, and sent this to all your other ships.
Thats not a silly question at all, but yes, I have. I have to keep sending it out over and over again, because passing paranid ships take pot shots at my gate guards which seems to set them back to enemies!
Progress-M wrote:let us know how it all turned out
Well, its certainly not done yet, but I do seem to have stemmed the tide of Paranid hostility.

I've visited every single Paranid sector and apologized to all capital ships I could find and any ships that are red. Most of the Paranid fleet is now blue. Almost all their stations are still red, except for a few sectors which are completely blue. I'm pretty sure these sectors are sectors I've razed to the ground recently, so all the stations there are new :D

Every now and then, a paranid trader kills himself via my fleet and gets everyone a bit upset, but its becoming rare. I'm doing lots of missions for the Paranid and I tend to stay somewhere around Friend of the Priest King with them.

I have a question now: do new ships that spawn and are owned by a station that's red become red to you? This could be a major problem since almost all paranid military outposts and shipyards are red!

Progress-M
x3tc

Post by Progress-M » Thu, 11. Oct 12, 23:27

sjones25 wrote:Almost all their stations are still red, except for a few sectors which are completely blue. I'm pretty sure these sectors are sectors I've razed to the ground recently, so all the stations there are new :D
Haha, that's awesome. Kill them all and the next generation is just like 'eh, didn't happen in my time'.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Fri, 12. Oct 12, 00:57

sjones25 wrote:I have a question now: do new ships that spawn and are owned by a station that's red become red to you?
I believe that station-owned ships in TC take on the F/F settings of their station, so yes

However, this is just a gut feeling: I've not tested it at all
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Red stations

Post by Bill Huntington » Fri, 12. Oct 12, 06:51

Stations turn red due to the destruction of other station and ships. They turn back when you get a hack request, with the white light bulb. It sounds like you need a lot of them.

When a station comes back, I think that it depends on your rating with the race at that time. If you have a good rating, the station is blue. It would be red if your rating is low. That is how it works with the Duke's Station in Duke's Haven.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

sjones25
x3tc

Post by sjones25 » Fri, 12. Oct 12, 20:00

Fantastic... I've only found one hacker who hacked a shipyard for me.

Maybe I'll just blow them all up instead. Then they'll re-spawn blue! I have... several... missiles that I've been wanting to hit the paranid with anyway. :D

Progress-M
x3tc

Post by Progress-M » Fri, 12. Oct 12, 20:05

the jump-trick to make the missiles npc ones might not hurt here

sjones25
x3tc

Post by sjones25 » Fri, 12. Oct 12, 22:17

He he he :twisted:

Due to the kind donation of several hundred tomahawk missiles from an unknown donor 8) all paranid trade stations, military outposts, equipment docks, and shipyards are now either blue or no longer exist. In other news, the Paranid "Empire" is no longer considered to be a major power by the commonwealth.

The best part was when I took a taxi mission to the next sector I was going to bomb. Ranking up with the Paranid, taking their money, and blowing up their junk all at once! Fun times.

Progress-M
x3tc

Post by Progress-M » Sat, 13. Oct 12, 03:17

Hahah, good times. I am yet to wreck havoc in the universe in that scale despite having played on and off for a while...I've been too good natured. This sounds like a lot of fun, though - I might need to deliver an apocalypse to the three-eyes myself at some point.

It'll be interesting to see how long it takes for those stations to spawn...in the meantime you might see a lot 'very hard' station building missions which to take, lol...talk about benefiting from their despair :p

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Sat, 13. Oct 12, 03:36

There's a thread those of you planning on bombing the Paranids back to the Stone Age should read. Spaceweed Adict versus the Terrans. Similar premise.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

sjones25
x3tc

Post by sjones25 » Sat, 13. Oct 12, 09:00

Progress-M wrote:It'll be interesting to see how long it takes for those stations to spawn...in the meantime you might see a lot 'very hard' station building missions which to take, lol...talk about benefiting from their despair :p
I'm sure I would be, except the stations I've been hitting are shipyards, military docks, and trade stations, which don't seem to be included in the "build station" missions.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”