[X-BTF]Control and Supply

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Kewi
x3tc

[X-BTF]Control and Supply

Post by Kewi » Fri, 12. Oct 12, 01:40

Hey all, really enjoy the X series and just got around to playing the original. However I have a question concerning the supply of factories with energy cells. I noticed that unlike most factories, Solar plants do not have dedicated ships, Does this mean I would have to supply energy to my factory's myself or are there free roaming NPC traders like in the later X games?

Dantrithor
x3tc

Post by Dantrithor » Fri, 12. Oct 12, 03:05

You have to supply -crystals- to your SPP's. Your other stations will purchase energy cells using their freighters. Station freighters will not -sell- their products, only -buy- resources.

Kewi
x3tc

Post by Kewi » Fri, 12. Oct 12, 04:13

OK, so when I'm constructing a station I should take into account the cost for the freighters as well, plus the starting money.
-Kewi

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 12. Oct 12, 10:58

Yes, but you also have to bear in mind that SPPs can't run their own freighters in BTF--probably something to do with them being a licence to print money as it is! You'll have to keep your SPP(s) supplied with crystals yourself.

Allan F
x3ap

Post by Allan F » Fri, 12. Oct 12, 12:45

Instead place a Teladianium factory in Boron or Paranid space - that's a winner!
Maverick: Requesting permission for flyby.
Air Boss Johnson: That's a negative ghostrider, the pattern is full.
Goose: No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.
Maverick: Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz a Split.
Split: Split now give you .... Aaaarrriiiigh.

Kewi
x3tc

Post by Kewi » Fri, 12. Oct 12, 19:31

I went with a swamp plant farm in seizewell and I'm doing pretty well, made the mistake of attacking a pirate freighter with AIRE's and 1MJ shields. I'll just stick with trading for now.
-Kewi

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”