Viewing Ship Details at shipyard

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Alleycat86

Viewing Ship Details at shipyard

Post by Alleycat86 » Sat, 13. Oct 12, 15:23

Hello, I'm a newbie to the X games but I am thoroughly enjoying X3TC. I am actually using the XRM mod as a newbie and I've got down the basics and am beginning to build my empire after a week's time. One frustrating thing for me that I have been wondering is how to view a ship's details before purchasing at a shipyard. Basically, when I look at the info on my own ship I see all sorts of information of what is upgradeable, all the stats etc.

My question is, is there a way to see all this information on a ship I am thinking of purchasing at a shipyard? The only thing I see at the top right is Speed, Acceleration, Steering & Cargobay. Also, can I view the ship before purchasing? Can I see what it looks like before I buy? I know I could google for a picture and information, but I am curious as to if there is an in-game method for ships being sold at the shipyard.

I'm mostly interested about the stats and information on a ship I am interested in buying. I'm hoping there is a command to view this information in-game. I have looked at the in-game controls and I don't see anything. I'm sorry if I missed it.

Thank you in advance,
Alleycat

Zaitsev
x4

Re: Viewing Ship Details at shipyard

Post by Zaitsev » Sat, 13. Oct 12, 15:33

Alleycat86 wrote:My question is, is there a way to see all this information on a ship I am thinking of purchasing at a shipyard? The only thing I see at the top right is Speed, Acceleration, Steering & Cargobay.
Highlight the ship in the shipyard, like you do when you want to buy it, and press i, then scroll down through the window that pops up using the arrow keys. It should show you all the stats like max speed, shields, cargo bay, turrets (if any), compatible guns etc.
Alleycat86 wrote:Also, can I view the ship before purchasing? Can I see what it looks like before I buy?
No.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Alleycat86

Post by Alleycat86 » Sat, 13. Oct 12, 15:38

Thanks man, I appreciate it. Exactly what I needed. I did not see that in the options, I apologize if it's there.

Probe1
x3ap

Post by Probe1 » Sun, 14. Oct 12, 00:47

You could always look the ships up on google :P

http://roguey.co.uk/x3ap/ships/ <-animated and stripped down but great information and gives you an overall idea

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Sun, 14. Oct 12, 07:32

There's an in game encyclopedia that lists stuff you have encountered so far in your game. Press P , advanced / encyclopedia / ships . The encyclopedia is extremely useful for finding stations being sold at shipyards for build missions. Look under factories. Under Races it shows where you stand with a race. Ship equipment lists jump drives and software locations, etc...

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”