Truelight Seeker Weapons?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

SirDeity
x3tc

Truelight Seeker Weapons?

Post by SirDeity » Sat, 13. Oct 12, 21:25

I just completed the Goner storyline campaign. I wish to fit out my Truelight Seeker which was a reward for one of the missions. One of my wing leaders, a prototype frigate, was destroyed in Mines of Fortune recently. So I'm thinking of sending my new Truelight Seeker to replace him as wing leader. I use the wing to patrol Mines of Fortune to keep it free from pirates and Khaak, since it is the location of my 150+ station complex project (must protect assets).

So anyway, I noticed this Truelight Seeker is apparently one-of-a-kind and can fit any weapon in the entire game. I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations for the weapons I should fit to it? Money is no object, but the weapons need to be ideal for destroying M7, M3, M4, and M5s as efficiently as possible. I don't want to equip it with area of effect weapons though because I don't want to worry about notoriety loss or friendly fire on my other ships (mostly M3s) in the wing.

I'm thinking all Flak Artillery Array guns might be the easiest and most effective option. What do you think?

Suggestions welcome. THX!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 13. Oct 12, 21:57

Check its laser energy reserves and generator!

Ammo-based weapons is the way to go despite limited cargospace - Gauss Cannon for really big targets, and EBC for the rest. Perhaps M/AML as an all-rounder if available to you too. Maybe just a couple of energy-based PAC for light targets to use what laser energy is available and extend the ammo life. Use for IS work with that mixed loadout!
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

kgkosio
x4

Post by kgkosio » Sun, 14. Oct 12, 04:06

Add Misqueto (sp) missile for missile defense. The ship does not have rear facing weapons.
Fan of the save game manager by badger
Best Steam DiD death: Fly into a TL repeatatly while repairing it

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Sun, 14. Oct 12, 11:25

If you're thinking OOS then surely PPC? If not OOS then surely another ship ;)

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Sun, 14. Oct 12, 11:35

Just remember to RE it first, it is unique so you don't want to lose it.
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

Nick Northern
x3tc

Post by Nick Northern » Sun, 14. Oct 12, 12:41

Truelight Seeker can fire 1 Ion Cannon or PPC nonstop. Any more than that and it will drain its energy fast. Gauss Cannons are a great fit for this ship as it is the only M6 that can mount capital ship weapons. IS, you would want to reserve between 2-4 slots for anti-fighter guns, such as perhaps 1 FAA or CFA and some EBC. If you just use it for OOS, go with 1 or 2 Ion Cannons and the rest Gauss Cannons for maximum punch. Be aware however that the shielding on the Seeker is not great, even for an M6. So you may be prone to losing that ship.

Most people use it as a weapons testing platform to try out different weapon setups, and get used to firing different weapons. It also is a lot of fun (if money is no object) as mobile artillery using the one IC + Gauss Cannon setup, when using a Trade Ship, or some other M6/M7 type ship to dump cargo loads of the best drones you can produce/buy into hostile sectors. :)
Enemies make you stronger, allies make you weaker.
Frank Herbert

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Sun, 14. Oct 12, 20:56

Why gauss cannon if OOS? Laser energy is not taken into account OOS so just use PPC...

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

Girlinhat

Post by Girlinhat » Sun, 14. Oct 12, 22:35

Furthermore, OOS combat consumes a whole box of ammo for every turn, while energy weapons consume no energy.

Personal Ship - Gauss and EBC, perhaps with an ion or two if you just absolutely HAVE to strip some shields.

IS - Gauss mainly, with support ships to deal with fighters.

OOS - PPC everywhere all the time.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”