[SCRIPT][AP][TC] Advanced Fight Scripts - v. 3.1, 19.01.2014

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

hourheroyes
x4

Post by hourheroyes » Wed, 19. Mar 14, 18:34

I made that post while trying to use Notepad++...didn't realize the X-script program existed.

I went through and deleted those "wait 1ms" lines and moved the box as Shimrod indicated, but my turrets are still flashing. I tried clearing and re-setting the turret commands multiple times as well. Am I still missing a step?

or, could you please send me your working copy, Builder? e-mail is

shockingfuzz at gmail dot com.

Thanks!

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Wed, 19. Mar 14, 23:51

I sent it to you. :)

hourheroyes
x4

Post by hourheroyes » Thu, 20. Mar 14, 00:19

It's working, thanks! Turns out I forgot you need the nosteam exe, and I've been trying to boot from my vanilla directory this whole time.

DERP

Barleyman
x3

Post by Barleyman » Mon, 24. Mar 14, 21:46

I ran into some funkyness. With my shiny new Cobra, I switched smart turrents to capture .. And the script threw everything including the kitty litter box at the M1 in one go.

Needless to say, 40-odd hammer torpedoes were a little bit too much for the PD but there wasn't much to capture afterwards. Script fired everything else including the boarding pods as well.

I'm not sure if it's Smart turrets issue or advanced fight scripts issue or both. I'm using the version of smart turrets srcripts that came with fight scripts.

Shimrod
x4

Post by Shimrod » Wed, 2. Apr 14, 02:22

I've added advanced fight script integration to Smart 4.7.1. Let me know in the Smart thread if it doesn't work as expected.

The firing of mosquitoes and boarding pods by Smart turret scripts should also be fixed in 4.7.1, but I've no control over what fight scripts might execute !ship.cmd.missile.attack.std.xml, which might independently decide to launch 70,000 mosquitoes at a Xenon I (looks awesome btw, bit laggy though)

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Sat, 10. Jan 15, 15:03

Hi, I have a question regarding the compatibility patch.
This is an AP Only Compatibility patch for use with the AI-enabled version (which is also AP only) of Gazz's Missile safety script.
is this for users of "Gazz's Missile safety script" only or for all users of AI enabled fight scripts?
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

Viliae
x3tc

Post by Viliae » Sat, 10. Jan 15, 16:08

Hi
Sorkvild wrote:Hi, I have a question regarding the compatibility patch.
(...)
is this for users of "Gazz's Missile safety script" only or for all users of AI enabled fight scripts?
This is only for "Missile safety script", or rather for add-on that is included to this Gazz script (script is for TC & AP, but the add-on is AP only).

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Sun, 11. Jan 15, 22:24

I'm using this script on vanilla settings and I noticed that many AI controlled ships behave like lasertowers!

For example

1) "defend station" mission. bad guys fly up close stop their engines and fire at the station without worrying too much. You can just stab them in the back so easily.

2) M6 vs M6. Both ships full stop face to face and simply exchange fire till either of the ships run of of shield or laser energy. Then defensive maneuvers begin.

3) Fighters vs laser towers and other ships (not all the time but in 20% of observed cases) . As above. Full stop, fire exchange till someone runs of of shield energy or lasers.

Stopping in battle is the most dumb thing a pilot could do! Since I have this installed I noticed that some ships do this kind of thing where they exchange rounds face to face.

This script has a fantastic potential but issues descriptive above leave me pretty mixed up about future use. I would never see anything like that in vanilla. Ships never stop in vanilla.
I don't know maybe it's about "fine-tuning" the behaviors via plugin settings so the ships wont stop in combat anymore.

What are your observations? Any ideas?
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

Binesi
x3ap

Post by Binesi » Wed, 14. Jan 15, 17:21

I have also seen this behavior of sitting in one place and firing. This seems to make small craft much more capable of killing capitals and they do start moving if they are fired on but it also makes them very vulnerable to a heavy alpha strike, missiles, etc. There was some improvement when I changed aggression settings.

Overall there is an improvement but I also find myself wishing they would move more because the behavior seems far too suicidal.

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Wed, 14. Jan 15, 19:06

Binesi wrote:I have also seen this behavior of sitting in one place and firing. This seems to make small craft much more capable of killing capitals and they do start moving if they are fired on but it also makes them very vulnerable to a heavy alpha strike, missiles, etc. There was some improvement when I changed aggression settings.

Overall there is an improvement but I also find myself wishing they would move more because the behavior seems far too suicidal.
Yeah it takes balls to stop at the front of M2 as trying to damage it with some pea-shooters.

I turned the script off - leaving vanilla behaviors on with new targeting method from AFS, and no change. Same thing.

Have you ried "defend station" mission? They can wreck the station pretty fast but unless they are shot - they simply stand still and fire. Their comrades may be fending off incoming attacks from player or the police, while some of them are fixed on station shooting which makes them ideal targets from any missile.
Simply just wait for them to settle around the station, send one missile with good damage radius and *poof* mission completed in one shot.

Ships risk too much by standing still and battle ends way too fast as their shields melt pretty darn quick. I noticed then i capital ships fight. Head to head, clash of titans without worrying too much on damaged received. In vanilla capships move more so they don't get massive amount of damage when compared to head to had or stand still strategy.

Ps.
There was some improvement when I changed aggression settings.
Which one? On or off?
We want the Boron back!

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Thu, 21. Sep 17, 17:24

Oh boy, I am sorry to necro such an old thread. But due to the lack of a game like X3 I still fiddle around and still have fun with X3.

I have made an intresting observation with Advanced Fight Scripts installed.
Whenever I order the turrets of a ship to "protect ship", an "Unknown command!" will appear for the turrets instead of "protect ship".

I tracked down the reason. And it has something to do with the signed scripts by Egosoft.

When setting a turret to protect ship, the signed script '!turret.protect.std' is called, and the command [COMMAND_TURRET_PROTECT] will be displayed as "protect ship". So far so good.

Now, I changed the script '!turret.protect.std'. I added a single empty space in the first row, and saved the script. Thus, it is no longer signed. Because I made some change to the script.

When I restart the game, and now I order a turret to protect the ship, the "Unknown command!" will appear! That means, that somehow altering a signed script prevents from the command to show up. I do not know why. Nor, why this behaviour was not yet reported. I maybe should say that I still play TC. Maybe this bug was ironed out for AP.

Advanced Fight Scripts alters a few signed scripts, the script !turret.protect.std' is one of them. This is how I noticed this bug.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”