Freight drones M7 ?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

SpongeBobSpacepants
x3tc

Freight drones M7 ?

Post by SpongeBobSpacepants » Thu, 18. Oct 12, 13:38

I just put a freight drone in my Shrike, thought it would be useful as i can only dock in eq`s/Shipyards. But after i order it to fetch me some energy cells it just sits there. I use these drones in my TL and they work fine but for some reason i cant seem to get them to work in an m7. Shame as they coud save me so much time. Is this a bug ?

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Thu, 18. Oct 12, 15:35

Is your docking bay full of M3's? The drones may need an available docking spot.

e1team
x3tc

Post by e1team » Thu, 18. Oct 12, 16:03

I think there is a bug and freight drones don't dock, even if you have free docking spots. Just order it to standby and scoop it.
"I feel like that's not the way fantasy space travel works in the real fantasy universe."
[ external image ][ external image ][ external image ]
Freya Nocturne's Sigantures

SpongeBobSpacepants
x3tc

Post by SpongeBobSpacepants » Thu, 18. Oct 12, 17:10

docking bays are full with m3`s but im not sure thats the issue. They work fine with other ships TL`s,TM`s and TS`s just not with m7`s bit of a bummer :cry:

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Thu, 18. Oct 12, 17:26

i think that is the issue, been awhile since I used drones but its worth checking - free up a slot

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 18. Oct 12, 18:55

SpongeBobSpacepants wrote:docking bays are full with m3`s but im not sure thats the issue...
As said above, that's exactly the issue. A freight drone is treated just like any other ship when it tries to dock somewhere. No available docking slots, no docking. But do as suggested and simply fly over it and collect it like cargo, after telling it to 'standby'.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Thu, 18. Oct 12, 19:51

Actually, there's an additional issue here. In my last playthrough I routinely kept one berth open aboard my Panther (for bails and Return Ship missions). Nevertheless, I never managed to get the freight drones to dock on their own, unless I wasn't aboard when the drones were deployed.

They worked fine for my TLs, but never for my Panther until I learned to first go EVA, then deploy.

So yes, e1team is right: There is a bug.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Thu, 18. Oct 12, 22:26

It might not be a freight drone issue. It might be the vanilla docking bug.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 18. Oct 12, 22:48

That's what I was thinking. You can often induce docking by moving your ship slightly during the docking operation.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”