Sounds silly, but I can't work out what is appropriating my money

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

tempattt
x3tc

Sounds silly, but I can't work out what is appropriating my money

Post by tempattt » Sat, 20. Oct 12, 21:57

My personal account is draining by about 30k/minute and I can't work out why! I have about 20 stations/complexes and 100-or-so TSs. All are homebased, all CAG/CLS are set to use station funds for salary. So can anyone suggest random things I may not have thought of in trying to patch this leak?

It could be :
- I have some CLS externals set to buy items for their plex. They are homebased. They will use station funds right?
- If an Mk3 runs out of energy, don't they pay an NPC trader to meet them in space, or did I make that up...either way, 15 mk3s shouldnt cost me 30k/min...

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 20. Oct 12, 22:03

I think you have to pay CAG/CLS pilots for doing courses and also you pay their wages while operating; and that all costs more as they become more senior.

Also have you any marines in training or a queue of ships being constructed at the PHQ?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

tempattt
x3tc

Post by tempattt » Sat, 20. Oct 12, 22:36

But all CAG/CLS are set to take salary from their station's account, surely course fees would also?

I have no training, construction or rev engineering at the moment.

I think it may be my CLS2 waypoints that include "buy ware". One would presume all their payments come from their homebase's account, and they are all homebased, but that does not seem to be the case. Is there a workaround possible

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Sat, 20. Oct 12, 23:05

Do those stations have cash? And did you leave any Best buy traders running?

Are you running any scripts beyond the Bonus Pack? Other scripts by Lucike like CODEA and SRS both take money from your account for paying pilots.

I think there are repair scripts that do the same.

And I know there's a maintenance fee script out there that charges maintenance on your ships. Did you install that?
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

micaminoff
x4

Post by micaminoff » Sun, 21. Oct 12, 03:05

If I'm not mistaken: even if the CLS's salaries are paid from their homebases, they will still use your personal account for purchasing resources from NPCs.
Kyllä Suomalainen jaksaa.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Sun, 21. Oct 12, 03:22

Only if they aren't home-based. If they are, they'll take money from the home base to pay for purchases.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Sun, 21. Oct 12, 03:31

Are you running a CLS pilot training program, leveling up CLS pilots?

Probe1
x3ap

Post by Probe1 » Sun, 21. Oct 12, 10:24

What in the.. I have 4 CAG/CLS traders operating at the moment. Here are their stats:
CAG 1: Duration of Employment: 173:11 Stazuras
Total Wages: 47,795 Credits
Expenses: 55,932 Credits

CAG 2: Duration of Employment: 173:13 Stazuras
Total Wages: 94,960 Credits
Expenses: 140,667 Credits

CAG 3: Duration of Employment: 152:15 Stazuras
Total Wages: 89,755 Credits
Expenses: 192,760 Credits

CAG 4: Duration of Employment: 173:16 Stazuras
Total Wages: 160,285 Credits
Expenses: 78,370 Credits
-----------------------------------------------------------
A stazura equals an hour so that gives an average of 585 credits per hour. I'm not including expenses as I'm just looking for the average pay a CLS would get.

Now I assume you all read 30,000 credits per minute like I did. That begs me to ask: Do you guys pay your CAG/CLS pilots 500k-2m credits per hour or is there some crazy factor I'm overlooking lol.

I seriously doubt it's training and wages. They're probably just draining your main account for purchases somehow!

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Sun, 21. Oct 12, 11:22

Probe1 wrote:...I seriously doubt it's training and wages. They're probably just draining your main account for purchases somehow!
What about traders? ST/LT traders will take courses to level up. These cost money. How many do you have that are still leveling? That could do it, if a large number are all taking classes at the same time.

Also, IIRC, they take their wages from a percentage of their trades. If that's true, I don't know when that happens. If it happens before that money goes into your account, which would be optimal, then no negative change in your balance would be shown. But, if they do it after it is deposited and take the pay directly from your account, like being paid a commission after the sale, then it would show up as a negative entry.

Lorric
x3tc

Post by Lorric » Sun, 21. Oct 12, 11:34

Do you max out cargo/steering/speed before starting your traders?

tempattt
x3tc

Post by tempattt » Sun, 21. Oct 12, 13:10

@Triaxx2 Thanks for the tips. I loaded up the game to check and: all stations have cash; there are no traders running apart from cag/cls/mk3; no other relevant scripts installed

@micaminoff I will go away and test because I believe you are right. All it takes to fix this is a corresponding "sell ware" for every waypointed "buy ware" (at the moment, they use "unload ware" rather than "sell")

@Morkonan yes some CLSs are flying a training loop but they are all homebased. Likewise with mk3s.

@Lorric :oops: no

@Probe1 30k/minute is correct. I will do some testing, because it must be their purchases, which is annoying and counter-intuitive

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Sun, 21. Oct 12, 13:47

tempattt wrote:@Lorric :oops: no
traders do buy tunings for themselves from time to time so there you go

Probe1
x3ap

Post by Probe1 » Sun, 21. Oct 12, 14:05

I'm just saying, I would be shocked to find the money isn't going into purchasing resources or sales. That kind of negative cash flow in my experience can only be from trading. I've trained 20 CAGs at a time and not seen credits drop that hard.

cakes
x4

Post by cakes » Sun, 21. Oct 12, 14:12

Have a look at your stations and observe if any of their credits are going up at a similar rate (outside of their normal trading profits). Then work backwards from the offending station looking at the tasks assigned to each ship homebased there or any of your ships that visit.

cakes
x4

Post by cakes » Sun, 21. Oct 12, 14:24

micaminoff wrote:If I'm not mistaken: even if the CLS's salaries are paid from their homebases, they will still use your personal account for purchasing resources from NPCs.
That's not quite the case for CAG (or homebased CLS2).

The CAG Trade Duties section has an option called Purchase Stations Credit Balance. If the station the trader is homebased to falls below this limit, the trade will not take place, as opposed to using the global funds.

Have a peek in the Bonus Pack documentation, this is defined there.

CLS1 uses the station funds and CLS2 might be the cause, as it's the only CLS variant that can be used with no homebase, that can buy and sell directly from the global funds.

** For the OP **

Do you have any un-homebased CLS2 that are using the BUY/SELL commands in it's waypoints (incase I missed you saying above)?

Do you have any ships using the Resupply Ships command, as this will be draining your global funds if they are busy buying items?

kolimbo
x4

Post by kolimbo » Mon, 29. Oct 12, 20:09

I now have a similar problem.

Do you have mk3 optimization installed?

Thats when my issues started.

I have went from 800M+ to 0 cr so I don't think it's my freighters buying goods.

Edit: Yeah, I got rid of the Mk3 mod and now it no longer happens. I now highly suspect that they are related.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”