Freight drones

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Yazoo
x3tc

Freight drones

Post by Yazoo » Mon, 22. Oct 12, 13:31

I recently liberated a n atmospheric lifter. I have 10 freight drones and was messing with those a bit. I was able to eject them and order each one individually to go to a nearby solar station and get 800 ecells each. I then was able to order each one individually to dock with my TL (I say mine because the former crew, being so thankful for my liberation efforts, decided to stay on).

The drones automatically dumped their ecells in the TL. Solves my refuelling problem but I want it to be easier.

My question: Is there a way to give one order resulting in all of them going to get whatever and returning to dump into the TL?

Thank you for any replies.
Death waits for us all...so fear nothing.

Umbru
x4

Post by Umbru » Mon, 22. Oct 12, 14:04

As far as I know there isn't a way of giving trade orders to groups of drones. You can order them to do a manual trade instead of docking and manually trading but you still have to order each drone individually and order them to dock at you TL when they are done.

cmd craven
x4

Post by cmd craven » Mon, 22. Oct 12, 16:14

Trade command software mk 2, will give you the "freight gods via drones" option in the trade command

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Mon, 22. Oct 12, 22:54

cmd craven wrote:Trade command software mk 2, will give you the "freight gods via drones" option in the trade command
That only works between player possessions. You can have them transfer goods between the mothership and your own factories/ships, but not with NPCs. Those you have to do the hard way.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

46_n_2
x3tc

Post by 46_n_2 » Mon, 22. Oct 12, 23:00

ordering them to the stations is one at a time, but if you wait for them all to land you can command all docked ships to return home (or dock at TL) so you wont have to issue the order more than once.

Yazoo
x3tc

Post by Yazoo » Mon, 22. Oct 12, 23:59

Ah, excellent. A pearl in each reply. Thank you very much.
Death waits for us all...so fear nothing.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”