[X3TC] Thieving UFOs - how to stop them?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

afterglowefx

[X3TC] Thieving UFOs - how to stop them?

Post by afterglowefx » Tue, 23. Oct 12, 04:57

I don't know how I still see posts about people unsure of the existence of UFOs in their games, because I see the damned things all the time. And they're always, always, always stealing my loot. It doesn't matter if the crates drop from NPC kills or my own, as soon as they have been there for a moment a UFO will swoop in at 300m/s and literally grab every crate it can get its grubby mits on. Half the time I don't even have time to grab a single crate before they've all been stolen.

Is there any way to put a stop to this? I shoot them if I can, but with their heavy shielding and fast speed it's very rare that I can down them before they steal all my crap. I'm open to anything - I'd be more than happy to see them scripted right out of my game!

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Tue, 23. Oct 12, 05:26

They take it to their secret UFO base....

stealthhammer

Post by stealthhammer » Tue, 23. Oct 12, 06:10

I hardly see any in my game, but when I do I follow it to the base and I can get some expensive stuff for cheap. Sometimes even some rare things like plasma beam weapons. The base most of the time in my games are in the unknown systems up past the Xenon systems in the northern sectors.
"The more we, as a human race, becomes more advanced, the more we, as a human race, lose our humanity and common sense." - Sean Patrick Feeney

"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal." - Albert Einstine

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Tue, 23. Oct 12, 06:39

What with Morkonan and Mindy here, I honestly can't tell if the OP is pulling our collective chains or if the UFOs are really stealing random drops. I've seen plenty of UFOs, though no crate-ninja'ing by them. Near as I can tell they just buzz around.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

afterglowefx

Post by afterglowefx » Tue, 23. Oct 12, 09:26

Ahhh I've managed to sort it out. I really wasn't joking, the little bastards cost me hundreds of thousands in stolen missiles.

Evidently it's a part of LV's Racial Response Fleets. I assume he intended it as a means of controlling the proliferation of phat lewts following increased hostilities, but as it stands the UFOs are way too aggressive. When I cannot collect loot from even a small, directly fought skirmish, it's going too far. I disabled the entire RRF package and the problem has gone away.

A pity because I quite liked RRF! However, I'm not willing to pay for it by losing 75-100% of my crates to UFOs!

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Tue, 23. Oct 12, 11:04

Just out of interest,are you referring to the RRF as in the AP Bonus Package, or the Mod itself?

<RRF is in the X3AP main gamefiles rather than in its BP. Alan Phipps>

Thanks for that :oops: :thumb_up:
Last edited by TTD on Tue, 23. Oct 12, 11:32, edited 1 time in total.

afterglowefx

Post by afterglowefx » Tue, 23. Oct 12, 11:25

I'm playing TC, so it's the unsigned scripts by LV called "Race Response Fleets" (available here: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=233908). I wasn't aware that they had been signed for AP, as I don't have the game.

A great set of scripts, but if you rely on crates drops to any degree you'll quickly become frustrated with the constant theft!

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Tue, 23. Oct 12, 11:30

Have you tried the Mars scripts?
The goblins might get the crates for you quicker than the UFOs can get them,especially if there are many to collect :idea:

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Tue, 23. Oct 12, 13:24

afterglowefx wrote: A pity because I quite liked RRF! However, I'm not willing to pay for it by losing 75-100% of my crates to UFOs!

Those are not the crates you are looking for, they are imperial property ;)
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 23. Oct 12, 18:19

And as this is not a vanilla game issue or topic, I'm co-opting LV's force squeeze and applying it to this thread. :fg: :skull:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”