MARS+moded weapons

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Browncoat4life

MARS+moded weapons

Post by Browncoat4life » Thu, 25. Oct 12, 06:30

I already asked in the MARS topic, but didn't get anything back. So I thought I'd ask out here.

My issue: I have X3AP with Killerogs Battlestar Galatica mod installed. I also have a number of other Mods, including MARS. I haven't run into any trouble with these, but...

The new BSG weapons are not recognised by MARS. MARS works fine on the BSG ships as long as I use vanilla weapons, but when I use any lasers made for the BSG mod MARS tells me that it is not available.

After reading the MARS manual I THINK that my 7047-L044.xlm needs to have the BSG Weapons added to it. I got x3 Editor2 and took a peek at my tlaser.pck and did see the BSG weapons there, but to be honest I'm in way over my head. I can't figure out what information I need or the format that i need to add it to this xlm file( if that is in fact what I'm even suppose to do.)

I love this game and i love these forums. I've always been able to find everything I've needed to know here. If someone could just give me some step by steps, or point me in the right direction the entire colonial fleet would be forever in your debt.

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Thu, 25. Oct 12, 09:34

Uh oh.... you read point 12 from here? Hope some mod does not go :o -> :evil: -> :xenon:

Asside from that, you are on the right path. 7047-L044.xlm is the key for mars to use weapons correctly. However, I do not have any clue how and what you have to alter. If no other responds to your request, use the vast info here in the form to teach yourself how to do it.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”