How to stop traders from entering pirate sectors?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

shadyJ

How to stop traders from entering pirate sectors?

Post by shadyJ » Thu, 25. Oct 12, 09:35

My stupid traders keep on going into pirate sectors and, of course, getting ambushed. My commercial station traders do this too, even if I place pirate sectors in the 'exceptions' list. I also set the traders to only trade in sectors where there is satellites (ie not pirate sectors because satellites don't last long there) but somehow the stupid traders end up there anyway. Is there any way of keeping these dumb traders out of hostile sectors?

Nyito
x4

Post by Nyito » Thu, 25. Oct 12, 09:48

The two things that come to mind are, force jumpdrive usage in their settings, which is my preferred method, or also add exceptions to the sectors past the pirate sectors. What they're probably doing is just passing through the pirate sectors to trade in the valid sectors beyond, and getting destroyed en route.

Generally speaking, I'd say jumpdrives are the best option, set to jump if they have to travel further than a neighboring sector, as though they eat into your profits a bit, you can fairly safely set their trade ranges as high as you like without worry; especially since they jump right to the sector they need, so barring an unlucky xenon/pirate raid in a normally safe sector, and with exceptions set for unsafe ones, you'll never lose a ship again.

uk.crow
x3tc

Post by uk.crow » Thu, 25. Oct 12, 09:51

Hi there, what game are you playing? Assuming you're playing X3AP, then if you download the bonus package of the Egosoft website (link below)
http://www.egosoft.com/download/x3ap/bo ... wnload=561

In the package there is a a blacklist function for MK3 traders. With it you can set up a list of stations and/or sectors so that they don't go into them and you won't lose your level 25 trader. It works reasonably well, but make sure your ships is fully shielded and has all speed, turning upgrades so it can escape any problem.

Here's the usage guide from the bonus package PDF
Opening the Manager
The manager can be started from every MK3-trader’s ship command
console. First open the command console and scroll down
to Additional Ship Commands. Then, select Start MK3 Blacklist
Manager. The Manager offers the options to add sectors and
stations to the list, remove them again, and to view the automatic
blacklist that is managed by the MK3 trading software.
Adding sectors and stations
To add an item to the blacklist, select the corresponding menu
entry and choose a sector/station from the map that opens then.
Removing sectors and stations
After selecting Remove Item, you can choose the item to be removed
from the current list. Note that you cannot remove items
from the automatic list, as those entries are being managed
internally by the vanilla MK3 software.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 25. Oct 12, 11:07

These help:

Ensure the traders can always use jumpdrive and e-cells to get to the target sectors and back - and to evade with at least 10 fighter drones onboard to cover their escape if necessary.

Use Local Traders rather than UTs and set their origins and limit their trading ranges so that they don't reach or cross hostile sectors.

Use Blacklist Manager as advised if you do use UTs.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

ranger76

Post by ranger76 » Thu, 25. Oct 12, 13:10

Use Satilite Limited mod.

shadyJ

Post by shadyJ » Thu, 25. Oct 12, 13:25

I am playing AP, running the rebalance mod. I am going to try some of these things, thanks for the tips guys.

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Thu, 25. Oct 12, 14:31

As has been stated the solution depends on whether they are trying to trade (blacklist) or passing thru (use jump drive & ensure enough fuel). If they are trying to trade there is another simple solution - head in there yourself and shoot the stations till they turn red!! Shouldn't damage reputation much (don't destroy anything, just a few shots with a low powered gun) and should stop ANY of your ships (whether they support blacklist or not) from trying to trade with them :)

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

Coupaholic
x3tc

Post by Coupaholic » Thu, 25. Oct 12, 16:50

Alan Phipps wrote:
Use Local Traders rather than UTs and set their origins and limit their trading ranges so that they don't reach or cross hostile sectors.
+1

dienekes

Post by dienekes » Thu, 25. Oct 12, 18:07

Is there anything like that for x3 Reunion?

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Thu, 25. Oct 12, 18:36

Yes, but only in Scripts and Mods. That's where the TC version was adapted from.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 25. Oct 12, 20:11

shadyJ wrote:I am playing AP, running the rebalance mod. I am going to try some of these things, thanks for the tips guys.
If you're running XRM, then I suggest you ask in the XRM thread in the S&M forum. Small ships, including all TS's, in that mod, as I understand it, cannot use jumpdrives, so you'll need a non-vanilla strategy to keep your traders safe.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”