Boron marines

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

DiArmada
x3tc

Boron marines

Post by DiArmada » Thu, 25. Oct 12, 15:29

hello guys,

I'm playing Terran Conflict and I thought Boron marines didn't exist.
do any of you have marines from the Boron race?
they're not for sale at the barracks and military outposts, as far as I know.

last week I came across a pilot who wanted to sell his Boa. (TM)
when checking my new purchase I saw that no ships were docked.
but there were still two marines in the cargohold.
Boron marines.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 25. Oct 12, 15:35

You can buy them from some Pirate Bases (maybe some Anarchy Ports?) that randomly sell marines from all races except Terran.
Last edited by Alan Phipps on Thu, 25. Oct 12, 15:36, edited 1 time in total.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Thu, 25. Oct 12, 15:35

You can get marines from pirate bases and from purchased ships (m6 , tm bought from boron shipyards). Can't remember if the terran or HQ plot in x3tc gives them ?

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Thu, 25. Oct 12, 17:58

Boron marines are available randomly in 2nd hand purchased ships (M6, TM) with high hull, some Pirate bases (/not/ Anarchy ports), Rehab Facilities & one Terran plot mission

Terran marines are available from one Terran plot mission only

They are not available from any MOs or Marine Training Facilities
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Progress-M
x3tc

Post by Progress-M » Fri, 26. Oct 12, 00:39

As above. Boron marines bought from Pirate Bases/Rehab Facilities are usually pretty low in skill level to start with but they will learn...

I'm using only Boron marines in my current game, they all started at 0-2 fighting stars and after 8 captured ships the best ones are now at 100 fighting skill. So it doesn't take that long.

Draekros
xr

Post by Draekros » Fri, 26. Oct 12, 04:08

Progress-M wrote:As above. Boron marines bought from Pirate Bases/Rehab Facilities are usually pretty low in skill level to start with but they will learn...

I'm using only Boron marines in my current game, they all started at 0-2 fighting stars and after 8 captured ships the best ones are now at 100 fighting skill. So it doesn't take that long.
Not to mention they sound damn cool whilst going through the boarding process. Better than any other race's marines (IMO).

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 26. Oct 12, 11:24

@ Draekros: the now-fixed female Argon marine boarding voice effects in X3AP are somewhat different too. You don't want to cross the chief!
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

kidfusion3000

Post by kidfusion3000 » Fri, 26. Oct 12, 11:41

interesting mechanic in AP, if you take an assassination mission, the ships often have marines in them and if you board said ship the marines all bail toward the end, i've picked up about 10 5 star boron marines this way. i believe the marines are populated based on the sector the mission takes place in. because i've seen crews of paranid marines aboard Terran ships on several occaisions.

EDIT: these marines have skills that appear to be assigned randomly because i've also sold a whole TP of marines from these operations whose skills weren't high enough for me to bother keeping.

Kelvhan Amaratharr
x3tc

Post by Kelvhan Amaratharr » Fri, 26. Oct 12, 22:46

Funny enough, when I finished the Poisoned Paranid start mission I received the Hyperion Vanguard with four Boron marines and one had five stars in fighting. After some more playing I now have 3 Boron marines with 5 stars in fighting. Will see if I manage to get a whole team of boron marines together.

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Fri, 26. Oct 12, 23:33

What I wonder is, how can Boron marines even board ships designed for humanoids when they look like this? Powered armor, maybe?
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 26. Oct 12, 23:53

Of course it's powered armor. All the marines supposedly wear it. They certainly don't go in naked. :oops: :lol:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”