[AP] Supplying my Player Headquarters (PHQ)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Great_Daemon
x3

[AP] Supplying my Player Headquarters (PHQ)

Post by Great_Daemon » Sun, 28. Oct 12, 08:31

So I've managed to get my player headquarters for the first time ever (hurrah!) I've reverse engineered a few ships and added several to the production queue. Obviously the HQ needs resources to build them, and I can see which resources it needs on its info screen.

Apparently the best way to supply a station these days is using the Commercial Agent (CAG) software, which seems to have the greatest flexibility of all the supply and sell software options. So I've bought a couple of mistral superfreighters, kitted them out and told them to start CAG. Unfortunately, after buying some fighter drones and mosquito missiles for defence (which they did very efficiently using jumps and everything), they're now sitting at the HQ doing nothing.

Things I think I have done right:
- Set their homebase to my HQ
- Made sure they are set to autojump
- Set them to "Shopper" in the CAG interface
- Made sure the HQ has a few million credits transferred into its funds

I'm not sure if this is indicative of a problem or not, but for both ships their "wares list" in the CAG software interface is empty.

I've done quite a bit of searching around and haven't been able to find anything specifically about CAG and HQs. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Sun, 28. Oct 12, 09:12

Maybe try trade range setting and are they high enough level to use a jump drive ? Add wares to the ware list and set it to trade list (?) if its set to blacklist.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 28. Oct 12, 09:33

Have you used the Dockware-Manager to list the resources it needs?
Similar (or the same) to how you add products for sale at the Hub or EQ docks.

Or you could buy one of everything you need ,and drop them at your PHQ
Last edited by TTD on Sun, 28. Oct 12, 16:40, edited 1 time in total.

Draekros
xr

Post by Draekros » Sun, 28. Oct 12, 11:15

I use the Dockware Manager bonus pack addon to manage ware levels on my PHQ so I have just a little more than enough resources of each type to build an Aran. Then I use CLS1 (internal CLS) to shunt products from my production factories/complexes to the PHQ when it needs them (but only up to the limits I set in the DWM). Only thing I need to do manually then is pump a bit of cash into it from time to time. I used the long RE time of the Aran to shunt the goods from my complexes (which all are within 3 jumps of my PHQ, except 1 complex) with my newbie CLS and they've all levelled up now to use jump drives etc. :> Not much else I can do with the PHQ whilst it's sitting there working on REing the Aran for 4 days 16 hours! Might as well get it to train up some pilots in the fine art of CLS1. 8) [Of course now I'm in the middle of waiting another 4 days 16 hours for my HQ to build the damn thing! :evil:]

There is a spreadsheet floating around somewhere for X3TC with PHQ construction stats in it. I don't think much has changed (except some ships don't exist/can't be re'd/built in AP). Unless you have the Terran PHQ there are some ships which the normal one can RE, but not rebuild due to lack of space to fit all the resources (Valhalla for instance).

kolimbo
x4

Post by kolimbo » Sun, 28. Oct 12, 16:36

actually, the best way to stock up on those wares is by stealing akumas from the yaki and recycling them.

A single Akuma can provide enough resources to build a half dozen frigates or a pair of destroyers.

They are stupidly easy to cap too.

Great_Daemon
x3

Post by Great_Daemon » Sun, 28. Oct 12, 17:45

burger1 wrote:Maybe try trade range setting and are they high enough level to use a jump drive ? Add wares to the ware list and set it to trade list (?) if its set to blacklist.
They're all Logisticians or the equivalent in CAG rank (it seems to transfer). Trade range setting seems good (9 jumps).
TTD wrote:Have you used the Dockware-Manager to list the resources it needs?
Similar (or the same) to how you add products for sale at the Hub or EQ docks.

Or you could buy one of everything you need ,and drop them at your PHQ
I didn't know this Dockware Manager existed; that definitely sounds like it might solve the problem. Thanks :)
Draekros wrote:I use the Dockware Manager bonus pack addon to manage ware levels on my PHQ so I have just a little more than enough resources of each type to build an Aran. Then I use CLS1 (internal CLS) to shunt products from my production factories/complexes to the PHQ when it needs them (but only up to the limits I set in the DWM). Only thing I need to do manually then is pump a bit of cash into it from time to time. I used the long RE time of the Aran to shunt the goods from my complexes (which all are within 3 jumps of my PHQ, except 1 complex) with my newbie CLS and they've all levelled up now to use jump drives etc. :> Not much else I can do with the PHQ whilst it's sitting there working on REing the Aran for 4 days 16 hours! Might as well get it to train up some pilots in the fine art of CLS1. 8) [Of course now I'm in the middle of waiting another 4 days 16 hours for my HQ to build the damn thing! :evil:]
4 days???? I don't I'll ever be REing mine once I've got it... Unfortunately I also don't have a complex built to support the PHQ needs, so I'm going to have to source goods from NPC factories for the moment, and this is a bit of a pain to set up with CLS.

Aragosnat
x4

Re: [AP] Supplying my Player Headquarters (PHQ)

Post by Aragosnat » Sun, 28. Oct 12, 19:53

Als Make sure each CAG is set to deliever 100% of the product to. By default they are set to 80% and will sit till it is use. Also their might be no products in range for them to buy too. Plus make sure all the sectors in your jump range are visable too. They wont go to those they cannot see even if their is a factory producng the ware you need there.
Chain Maille Armor
Profitzz
May this spacefly bother you.
[ external image ]
TC: 32+ Squidie (Steam DiD) deaths and counting since around June 18, 2012.

Great_Daemon
x3

Post by Great_Daemon » Sun, 28. Oct 12, 20:51

Alright, the Dockware Manager was the perfect solution to the problem of CAG stocking. Thanks TTD!

I now have another question: NPC trader and my own Universe Traders keep docking at the HQ and buying away the wares I need to build my ships!!! I've managed to solve the UT problem by putting the station on the Blacklist, but despite my best efforts NPCs continue to dock there and 'steal' my stuff!

I've tried setting the station parameter of "Other races can dock at this station" to "No", but that doesn't seem to have done anything at all.

Aragosnat
x4

Post by Aragosnat » Mon, 29. Oct 12, 06:16

Great_Daemon wrote:Alright, the Dockware Manager was the perfect solution to the problem of CAG stocking. Thanks TTD!

I now have another question: NPC trader and my own Universe Traders keep docking at the HQ and buying away the wares I need to build my ships!!! I've managed to solve the UT problem by putting the station on the Blacklist, but despite my best efforts NPCs continue to dock there and 'steal' my stuff!

I've tried setting the station parameter of "Other races can dock at this station" to "No", but that doesn't seem to have done anything at all.
IT will take a bit for them to stop coming when set to stop. As they could be coming from 20+ sectors away.
Chain Maille Armor
Profitzz
May this spacefly bother you.
[ external image ]
TC: 32+ Squidie (Steam DiD) deaths and counting since around June 18, 2012.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”