Trivial Matters

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Progress-M
x3tc

Trivial Matters

Post by Progress-M » Mon, 29. Oct 12, 06:15

I spotted a ship called Paranid Spacefly Protectors flying around in an empty Paranid border sector.

Amused, I asked the keen enthusiasts where the nearest Shipyard might be.

His answer: "Such trivial matters, are not my concern."

:D Clearly the Spaceflies are more important.

Joe McCracken
x3tc

Post by Joe McCracken » Mon, 29. Oct 12, 06:54

That's funny right there! :D
I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun, hide in the asteroids and laugh at what I done, put a blood blister upon each bun, I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun.
Some people are like slinkies, not worth a whole lot, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Mon, 29. Oct 12, 11:06

Even after all these years, I still find things in the game that amuse me. :D

Yesterday,I accidentally asked a Goner where the nearest Shipyard was...
he replied, "Open your eyes,pilot.You're there !"

Progress-M
x3tc

Post by Progress-M » Tue, 30. Oct 12, 01:07

Haha, awesome.

I used to run quite a few taxi missions in TC and sometimes would carry several passenger missions at a time. The 'easy mission'-passengers had to wait up to one hour in the cabin while I picked up and dropped off quicker turnaround customers. Quite often this resulted in hilarious comments from the irritated passengers. I can't quite recall what the funniest Boron comment was, something about tentacles drying up or something. :)

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Tue, 30. Oct 12, 01:43

When building large complexes, it's not unusual to see NPC ships docking with the stations, even before they've started operations. Typically, these ships will be TP ships, ferrying new workers, I suppose. I love seeing Split Prisoner Transport ships docking at my complexes that are under construction. Slave labor pays! :D

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Tue, 30. Oct 12, 05:07

When I build a complex in Sol, I often get LTs from my Terran Economic Support Network™ trying to dock at the stations before I get the CCKs in place. I assume this is because the buying price is high and they aren't smart enough to check the station's bank balance (i.e. 0 credits) beforehand.

This results in a rather confused LT trying to dock at a station for a while (from collision avoidance) then finally managing to dock, then undocking because, oh wow, he can't make the deal after all because the station can't afford it.

So he tries the factory next door. :roll:

This typically goes on for as long as it takes for me to stop giggling and transfer a few hundred G's into a station so the moron will transfer the goods and leave.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

Progress-M
x3tc

Post by Progress-M » Tue, 30. Oct 12, 05:53

Morkonan wrote:When building large complexes, it's not unusual to see NPC ships docking with the stations, even before they've started operations. Typically, these ships will be TP ships, ferrying new workers, I suppose. I love seeing Split Prisoner Transport ships docking at my complexes that are under construction. Slave labor pays! :D
I love these little details, regardless of whether they are intentional or not. There's quite a lot of fun/interesting detail like this in the micro side of the game and I feel I haven't seen half of it to date.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”