X3TC - Station storage freighter?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

SpFiota
xr

X3TC - Station storage freighter?

Post by SpFiota » Tue, 30. Oct 12, 01:42

Is there some way to order a freighter to park at a station and do nothing but collect the wares it produces?

I have my first missile production facility and I want a a resupply ship to just sit there gathering ordinance until needed. No trading. No buying and selling.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Tue, 30. Oct 12, 01:57

Yes.

Start External Commodity Logistics
Waypoints
Add the station
Load Ware
and then select Manual Input Up To and input -1. (You might be able to simply chose Up To Maximum Capacity, can't recall atm.)

The ship will load the ware, even if it's only 1 item that gets produced, as soon as it appears. And, it will stay there loading the wares until you tell it to stop.

This works great for stockpiling weapons, while not taking up valuable floor space at the station, or stockpiling other materials, like those needed for certain plots.

SpFiota
xr

Post by SpFiota » Tue, 30. Oct 12, 02:41

Excellent! I figured it was done through CLS, but I couldn't find the load ware option. Much obliged.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Tue, 30. Oct 12, 02:41

You're welcome! Report back if you have any problems.

SpFiota
xr

Post by SpFiota » Tue, 30. Oct 12, 03:16

Hmm.

For some reason my freighter is just sitting there on standby.

I did everything you said and immediately it ran to the nearby equipment dock to purchase Mosquitos. I assume that was just because the pilot wanted some for missile defense. But then it just sat there on standby, so I ordered it back to my missile production complex. Now it's sitting there on standby.

My facility actually produces 4 different types of missiles, so I ordered the CLS to load all four kinds to the maximum amount. So far it hasn't loaded a single one.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Tue, 30. Oct 12, 04:44

SpFiota wrote:Hmm.

For some reason my freighter is just sitting there on standby. ...
Sorry.

Set the "Load Ware" to "Maximum Capacity"

Then, go into "Minimum Transfer Amount on Collection/Delivery" to 0%. That should fix it.

If it has a problem, clear the slate by "Restore Default" and then input the commands again.

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Tue, 30. Oct 12, 09:24

I think load ware , manual input then type in 1 works. It takes a while for cls to kick in. Your pilot will get drones and stuff before starting cls depending on its rank.

Sieg06660
x3tc

Post by Sieg06660 » Tue, 30. Oct 12, 10:06

depending on how big / how much the ware takes up you might have to adjust minimum transfer on the CLS setting from 5% to 0 or 1 %
I appologise for any typos bad spelling grammer ing the above post it mainly do to the lack of motivation to correct the problem

SpFiota
xr

Post by SpFiota » Tue, 30. Oct 12, 19:25

Morkonan wrote:... go into "Minimum Transfer Amount on Collection/Delivery" to 0%.
That did it. Thanks.

In other news, an M7M with a steady supply of Flails and Hammers is just obscene.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”