Hunting for a M0

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

SilusCrow
x4

Hunting for a M0

Post by SilusCrow » Wed, 31. Oct 12, 08:33

So I'm looking at getting my hands on a Valhalla Hauler (Or just a Valhalla) to use as my capital ship (And to throw all the tunings to), but thus far I've not been able to locate any in the sectors that I am allowed (Border sectors).

Does it spawn randomly in any sectors that would have the ATF, or only Core sectors? And if only Core, is there a way I might escape the wrath of the Terrans in a M7M aside from blowing them all to space dust?

Side question: Atmospheric Lifter. Worth capping one or not so much?

kolimbo
x4

Post by kolimbo » Wed, 31. Oct 12, 09:42

Atmo's are great if you've got a PHQ to crank them out: they cost only about 1/2 as much as other TLs and can carry nearly twice as much.

I run a fleet of Atmo's for my domestic storage/transpo and a separate fleet of Ryu's for combat supply.

As for the wahalla: I _think_ I saw one while running through Mars or the Moon, however, it was in my encyclopedia before I made the semi-suicide trip to Terran Core (I am public enemy #1) so they must appear in war sectors too. Since it's suppose to be unique, I'd like to think that it doesn't show up all that often in skirmishes.

SilusCrow
x4

Post by SilusCrow » Wed, 31. Oct 12, 10:00

Just capped me an Atmo with--thankfully--a Jumpdrive out by Jupiter. Accidentally went overboard on the flails though. Thing's at 51% :shock: Luckily I had enough E-Cells to jump it over to PTNI HQ and jump myself out to Kingdom End.

Spotted an Odin and a Woden while there, but no Valhalla :cry:

Also, second Kyoto :P

Kapakio
x4

Post by Kapakio » Wed, 31. Oct 12, 14:20

Keep looking. I spotted two in circle of labor and was able to capture both before they jumped.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 31. Oct 12, 15:10

Valhalla looks nice "on paper", but a Woden is a far more functional ship, in my experience.

Atmospheric Lifters are terrific TL's and player-operated mobile miners. Definitely worth boarding if your marines are well-trained. (Terran, ATF, and Xenon ships require higher skills for successful boarding ops).

kolimbo
x4

Post by kolimbo » Thu, 1. Nov 12, 04:54

Yeah, I get the feeling that Valhalla is simply too under-gunned and under shielded for a ship that huge.

A woden by comparison is a whole lotta punch in a (relatively)tiny package.

and then there's the Xenon I.

SilusCrow
x4

Post by SilusCrow » Thu, 1. Nov 12, 07:10

kolimbo wrote:Yeah, I get the feeling that Valhalla is simply too under-gunned and under shielded for a ship that huge.

A woden by comparison is a whole lotta punch in a (relatively)tiny package.

and then there's the Xenon I.
I'll do some Woden hunting some time then, since it's recommended so highly =3

As for Xenon ships....yeah, not really feeling it. I mean, I've got a thing of 20 100% marines and I still can cap me a Xenon M6. Maybe if I blast it with some Ions....

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Thu, 1. Nov 12, 09:18

For shame. The point of capturing a Valhalla is in showing those smug Terran Jerks the error of their ways. Then parking it where it can be awesomely admired by all passers by.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

SilusCrow
x4

Post by SilusCrow » Thu, 1. Nov 12, 10:10

Triaxx2 wrote:For shame. The point of capturing a Valhalla is in showing those smug Terran Jerks the error of their ways. Then parking it where it can be awesomely admired by all passers by.
Haha, that's what my two Kyotos are for. Gonna reverse engineer one when I get my HQ built.

Edit: Related question to the kitting out of ships: Is there a script out there that lets you reverse engineer weapons in the PHQ? Mostly wanting more Beta Emitters so I can make a small'ish wing of Khaak Corvettes.

SilusCrow
x4

Post by SilusCrow » Thu, 1. Nov 12, 12:16

DrBullwinkle wrote:
SilusCrow wrote:Is there a script out there that lets you reverse engineer weapons in the PHQ?
Equipment Research and Development
@ dat mod:

[ external image ]

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 1. Nov 12, 12:20

You replied too quickly, Silus. (As did I).

Sadly, Equipment R&D only handles ship equipment (software). The current version does not RE weapons.

SilusCrow
x4

Post by SilusCrow » Thu, 1. Nov 12, 12:31

Ah. New pic for the new information.

[ external image ]

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 1. Nov 12, 12:51

If you are so desperate to get them and go the S&M route then you might just as well use the cheat scripts to magic the Kyons in. Still, can we drop the discussion of 3rd party mods/scripts here please.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Raize

Post by Raize » Thu, 1. Nov 12, 19:00

Valhalla only spawns if you have better Terran than Argon rep. If your terran rep is trashed, you will never get one.
Hens love roosters, geese love ganders,
Everyone else loves Ned Flanders!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”